AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have y'all ever seen live updates like this before? This is new to me.

This young woman is remarkable in so many ways. Justice, please serve her well. Hoping against all hope, her heroics can bring Brittney home.

Have y'all ever seen live updates like this before? This is new to me.

This young woman is remarkable in so many ways. Justice, please serve her well. Hoping against all hope, her heroics can bring Brittney home.

I haven't but am So glad someone is covering it!

Weird, it's already gone: link not found.

And it's back.
According to the alleged victim, those acts happened in both Mobile and Baldwin counties over an extended period of time.

Brownlee denied any involvement since his arrest and turned down a plea offer for 25 years in August. In court, prosecutors played a lengthy audio recording of an interview done with sheriff’s investigators where he continued to deny any involvement.

from the live tweets:
Oct 15 2014 11:10 AM CDT Brownlee: "That night he offered her up I was puking my freaking guts out. That's nasty. That's a youngin'"
Oct 15 2014 1:51 PM CDT Brownlee alleges that a relative of the victim tried to force him to have sex with the victim.
I would like to ask him, if you were so upset that you puked your guts out, why didn't you call the police?

If I were on the jury, either one of these statements would be enough for me to convict him. Because what normal person knows this is going on and not report it AND still socialize with these people??

I am thinking maybe I shouldn't read about this trial any longer. It will only get worse as it goes on. But i hold out hope that someone will speak up about Brittany soon.

One of the witnesses that testified today is a Doctor Certified in Child Abuse Pediatrics.
I found this video published by Local 15 about her when she received that designation -
http://youtu.be/qApHsIpC-EQ
Published on Apr 15, 2014

MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) In a push to end abuse, one of USA's own doctors is now certified to help those tiny victims.
Dr. Jessica Kirk, MD, was honored at the Child Advocacy Center Friday morning. She is now one of three doctors in the entire state that has a certification in Child Abuse Pediatrics.
She is the only one with this title in entire south Alabama region.
With her new status, Dr. Kirk can testify in court in child abuse cases and is the local expert when it comes to tragedies.

The prosecution has just played recordings of Brownlee making conflicting statements. He has never touched the victim in one and he was forced to have sex with her in another.
I wonder if Chessie's testimony will have that many different versions, too.

http://www.local15tv.com/shared/new...illiam-brownlee-court-1763.shtml#.VD7bVsJ0z2J
"...her relative not only forced her to commit the acts but that the acts had been video taped."

I can't even imagine such a large group of adults being so ignorant or selfish that no one stopped it.
The videos probably kept everyone in line, I'd imagine, so nobody talked. Shame on these grown people when it requires children to have more courage than they ever had.

Did LE find some of those videos?

As for Brownlee, he's a grown man now, and still whining that he was forced to do these things and that he's innocent, but he did those things. Sounds like he lived his whole life believing he was forced to do everything. Bet he says someone forced him to steal that stuff from the old ice house, too, while already wearing an ankle bracelet. Can't be trusted to ever say no and stand up for what's right? Seems like prison is the safest place for him.

JMO

"Closing arguments are expected Thursday morning in William "Billy" Brownlee's trial. Then the jury could get the case."

Victim Testifies in Child Abuse Case
Updated: Wednesday, October 15 2014, 07:18 PM EDT
http://www.local15tv.com//shared/ne...ies-child-abuse-case-15320.shtml#.VD8ZiMJ0z2I

"Late Wednesday afternoon two more young women, one who is now 19, the other 23, both testified that they had also forced her to have sex with Brownlee. Prosecutors say the testimony was presented to show the jury the alleged propensity of Brownlee's deviant sexual behavior."

"This trial is expected to last through Friday."

You can see in the video how his legs are shaking and knees are knocking.
Please, please let him be put away for a long, long time with the rest of them.

Thinking of Brittney and what she had to deal with growing up surrounded by these shameless adults.

Brownlee trial opens with graphic testimony
Published: October 15, 2014, 11:34 am | Updated: October 15, 2014, 6:12 pm
http://fox10tv.com/2014/10/15/brownlee-trial-opens-with-graphic-testimony/

'William “Billy” Brownlee sat almost statuesque throughout the day’s testimony, taking periodic notes along the way. He and the jury of seven men and seven women listened to the graphic testimony of his alleged victim. That witness, now 16 is related to Brittney Wood."

This might seem harsh, but I'm just speculating out of frustration because there's been no answers to what happened to Brittney.

I'm more convinced than ever that Donald didn't off himself. That's just my own opinion going by everything I've heard about his character. From the sound of it, he was afraid of nothing and everyone was afraid of him. I can see why a lot of people wanted him dead to protect their own hides, and maybe to finally get some revenge. He certainly had no qualms what he did to his own family, so maybe he did kill Brittney, and then his helper killed him.

Just speculation though.

Just absolutely disgusting. I hope Brownlee gets the max. His own words condemn him. Poor kids never had a chance. Well, hopefully they do now and they get the support of people who truly do care. Very brave of them and all I can think of right now is wishing them the best of things down the road. Lord knows they deserve the best of all things for the rest of their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee