AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what happened when the Victims turned 18 and they continued to partake in these acts? (in the eyes of LE)?

They are culpable once they reach 18. In fact, they can be culpable even before they turn 18; teen rapists are charged all the time. I think it all depends on the circumstances and the evidence involved.

Depending on the situation and the age of the accused, if they have a good lawyer, even an adult who was abused can probably plead down to the charges, especially if you testify against other abusers. (easier for an 18 or 19-year old, then say a 25-year old ) At any age they can be considered culpable, unless they are forced into this. And by that I mean threatened by someone, not just following in the footsteps of a dysfunctional family.

Suffering abuse may be the REASON that you do something, not an EXCUSE.

:ditto:

Which is what happened with Donald Jr. and Derek. Victims turned abusers and these 2 eventually were given youthful offender status in exchange for their cooperation. Imo, they will likely play a big role in prosecuting Wendy and Mendy.

As well the 3 generations comment by the ADA along with Brittney's own grandma still supplying money to Robertson (the scum that abused Britt) has me questioning a certain grandma's involvement in all of this. Especially the letter writing. Are these two still married? It makes me question social security benefits.

:ditto:

Which is what happened with Donald Jr. and Derek. Victims turned abusers and these 2 eventually were given youthful offender status in exchange for their cooperation. Imo, they will likely play a big role in prosecuting Wendy and Mendy.

As well the 3 generations comment by the ADA along with Brittney's own grandma still supplying money to Robertson (the scum that abused Britt) has me questioning a certain grandma's involvement in all of this. Especially the letter writing. Are these two still married? It makes me question social security benefits.

I think it would be interesting if any of the charged perps are still on their (Derek & Paul) FB friends lists...

Is Ronald Robertson incarcerated in AL? I couldn't find any info on his trial. Does Chessie's mother live in the same area as her children?

Yes, he is.
Robertson is serving his sentences at the Fountain Correctional Facility near Atmore. He is scheduled to have a parole hearing June 1, 2020.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_woman_brittany_wood_wa.html

Chessie still lives with her two youngest. I'm not sure where Derek went on his release from jail but I think it was to her house. Her other son that isn't involved in the sex crimes is in jail on an unrelated matter, or was the last time BrittsStepMom mentioned him.

Not sure I ever knew the answers to these questions. Can anyone help me out?

How many children did the grandmother have total? Who was the father of CW and her siblings? All from the same father? Was their bio father part of their childhood?

Robertson creeps me out big time. Bragging about helping to raise CW, and he has the gall to boast he was there to see Brittney born. :cuckoo:

Missing woman, Brittney Wood, was sexually abused as a child, court records show
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/missing_woman_brittany_wood_wa.html

"Robertson lived with Brittney Wood's grandmother for about 14 years. He was at the hospital when Brittney Wood was born, according to the court records."

"I helped raise the mother of this child," Robertson said during a post-conviction hearing that was conducted May 28-29, 2009."

:pinocchio: "I'm sorry about what happened," he said. "If I hurt them in anyway, I apologize."

Is Ronald Robertson incarcerated in AL? I couldn't find any info on his trial. Does Chessie's mother live in the same area as her children?

I missed the word mother in your 2nd question last night when I replied. So this is a do-over.
It's been mentioned she was living with Chessie during the time Brittney went missing, but I'm not sure if that is verifiable. And also, that she moved down the street a block and into Dustin and Mendy's home for a while after that. And not sure where she went when Dustin and Mendy both went to jail.
I also posted a link to an obituary in the social media thread that answers one of CuriousMe's questions on the family tree.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Woman-challenges-child-witness-in-sex-ring-case-5896855.php
BAY MINETTE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman accused of being part of an alleged family sex ring on the Gulf Coast is challenging the testimony of a key witness in her upcoming trial on child molestation charges. An attorney for Wendy Wood Holland has filed court documents arguing that an unidentified child witness against the woman has made numerous false statements to authorities and has a predisposition for giving false testimony. The defense also contends prosecutors delayed about 1½ years in turning over evidence that raises questions about the child's truthfulness.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...455a9ed6f2b11/AL--Teen-Disappearance-Sex-Ring
Baldwin County Circuit Judge Jody W. Bishop has scheduled a hearing for Monday in Bay Minette on the claims.
The defense also is asking the judge to move the trial because of extensive publicity about the case and requesting that prosecutors be barred from presenting testimony showing Holland had sexual relationships with other consenting adults.
Prosecutors are expected to oppose all the motions during the hearing but didn't file immediate responses in court.

http://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Woman-challenges-child-witness-in-sex-ring-case-5896855.php
Baldwin County Circuit Judge Jody W. Bishop has scheduled a hearing for Monday in Bay Minette on the claims.
The defense also is asking the judge to move the trial because of extensive publicity about the case and requesting that prosecutors be barred from presenting testimony showing Holland had sexual relationships with other consenting adults.
Prosecutors are expected to oppose all the motions during the hearing but didn't file immediate responses in court.

Sounds like WWH is calling the child witness who was molested by her a liar. It's that old familiar family tactic - set the child up to be molested then call them a liar.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/sto...455a9ed6f2b11/AL--Teen-Disappearance-Sex-Ring

They want to move the trial because I guess WWH had sexual relations with so many people in the area?

I doubt this child victim/witness is making up false statements and testimony. It sounds like this child may have been surrounded by evil child molesters and sexual deviants. Just my opinion, of course.

Holland, 35, is set for trial Dec. 8 on charges of sodomy, child sexual abuse, sexual torture and endangering child welfare as part of what authorities say was a group of relatives and friends who shared children for sex.

"Wendy Holland, seven relatives and three family friends have since been charged with numerous sex-related felonies. Three of the woman's relatives have pleaded guilty to sex charges, and jurors convicted family friend William Brownlee of sodomy and sexual abuse in October."

"Wendy Holland will be second person to go on trial barring a delay, and prosecutors believe her case could be important since her husband was suspected of being the leader of the alleged ring."

Are these trials open to the public?

Should be. Today's on these new motions, as well as Dec 8th if the change of venue isn't granted. Judge Bishop is the same judge that presided over Brownlee's trial last month. I'd bet that 20 minute quick jury deliberation has more than one defendant scrambling for a change of venue.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...-trial-in-bay-minette-sex-ring-case/19182431/

Re: change of venue denied
But a prosecutor said another defendant in the case was recently tried by a Baldwin County jury without a problem and that moving the week-long trial, which is set to start Dec. 8, somewhere else would be an unnecessary and expensive step.

Bishop agreed.

Re: witness credibility
Also Monday, Bishop said he would take under advisement other defense motions related to witness credibility.

Prosecutor Teresa Heinz told Bishop that it should be up to jurors to determine for themselves whether they feel a witness is credible. Heinz said prosecutors believe in the credibility of the child.

Bishop also said he would take under consideration another defense motion that sought to limit testimony about the sexual behavior of consenting adults in Holland's home and a motion disclosing information about confidential informants and any unofficial deals offered in exchange for testimony.

No dice, Wendy. Thank you, Judge Bishop & ADA Heinz. Stay strong, witnesses!

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/11/key_figure_in_child-sex_ring_a.html
BAY MINETTE, Alabama - A Baldwin County judge wants to take time before deciding whether to grant a hearing into the suitability of a witnesses in a case against one of the key figures accused of being involved in a string of sex-related crimes against children.

Judge Jody Bishop will also consider whether one of the co-defendants in the case was "coerced" to testify against Wendy Wood Holland during her trial, scheduled to begin Dec. 8. Also, Bishop said he will also consider whether Holland's sexual history with consenting adults should be mentioned during the trial.
Heinz disagreed, and said the sexual history will describe a "set of circumstance" and the "lifestyle" that one of the victims claimed she grew up in.
"I don't know any other way for my victim to describe what she saw on a daily basis than what she saw on a daily basis," Heinz said.

"I think our victim is more than competent to testify in the case," she said.

So many to consider when wondering which co-defendant will be testifying if allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28