AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DK has two FB pages.

Also, the place that RSW works at has alot of workers who have traveled here from different areas. When the plant first opened there was alot of community protest because they were bringing in so many out of state workers while local workers were not able to get jobs there. There are temporary housing communities set up for the out of state workers. Well, the last I heard there were. The workers then carpool to the plant from the housing areas. That is probably why he ended up in the Prichard area. I think that is an area that has some of the housing available for the workers.

Maybe both have confessed at this point. I can't figure out why both would be released. I think they won't say much more publically as long as the investigation is on-going, especially since they have said they expect there to be other arrests.

If RSW is released...where is he staying.

I imagine, like DH, he would not be allowed to live with his children

since DK's family is in TN, there is not the same challenge in living accommodations.

JMO

Sorry... Messy typing on iPad.

Footballmom I'd love to help with getting some pics out there. I think it'd be wise to branch out into the Dixon/Athens TN areas, perhaps along the highway, in light of Honesty's sighting. I will send you the fax numbers, or I can take care of it myself if you'd rather.

I'd also like to know where RSW is... MOO

You're the best. The information that I compiled online is mostly geared toward men or families. It is hard to know if some of these places are currently up and running since websites are no longer working, etc.

I volunteer for a nationwide organization (StandUp for Kids) that works with run away and homeless street kids (ages 8 - 21).

I understand very well the ins & outs of homeless shelter availability, rules, regulations, etc...

Not many people understand the dynamics so IF she or someone at a shelter sees BW either at a shelter or on the street they may be able to help find her.

IMO... EVERY PLACE & STONE should not be disregarded until she is found.

Thank you to everyone who is helping gather the information. This is an idea that may help the family since they are struggling to get information out and since we have no new/recent information to go on from LE.

ALSO... FYI... for those concerned about the legal aspects of sending out faxes... I will advise the family to seek legal advice from an attorney and feedback from Klaas Kids before they disseminate.

FootballMom...I am back and made my fax. I am cooking dinner and cant catch up right this second but I will be online almost all night after dinner. If you can give me a list of anything you want me to find info on...I will be happy to do as much as you need me to research!!

I have been reading and trying to get caught up with this case. This is my first post on this case. I am trying to understand the charges against RSW and DK as well as the 4 month investigation on DH. Would someone mind giving a brief summary of this as well as any helpful links to this info? Thank you!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

FootballMom---I just sent you a PM with a list for homeless shelters. It was my first one ever, so let me know if it didn't work. There will be more coming from me, as well as from OceanMother.

Thanks for pulling all of this together.

I will be back on tomorrow at some point and I will review your list for outstanding items and try to help out on anything that is open.

I have been reading and trying to get caught up with this case. This is my first post on this case. I am trying to understand the charges against RSW and DK as well as the 4 month investigation on DH. Would someone mind giving a brief summary of this as well as any helpful links to this info? Thank you!!

I am going to quote my own post since the info was easy to find.

" On June 1, DH was found in his home in Fairhope by his wife. He had committed suicide, reports Fox 10 News, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said Holland was being investigated for sexual abuse at the time."

Snipped

"RSW, 42, was arrested for sodomy and incest after police received information from a juvenile on June 19. DAK, 36, was also arrested and charged with sodomy and rape on June 19. Capt. Steve Arthur of the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said that these two men are cousins of Brittney, in the video, although other information has identified them as Brittney's uncles."

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-strange-case-of-missing-brittney-wood

I am leaving to do a few things in about an hour. I will be happy to print the flier now and fax it to the place where it can be passed along to the truckers. Does anyone have the fax number (Honesty?)?

Did Honesty post it and I miss the post?

hiyas!
I've been " lurking" for quite a bit...this is the first time I've posted here because I've not felt I've had anything of value to say until (possibly) now;
I'm a few pages behind ,maybe this has been resolved. just wanted to mention that many businesses have email addresses. Perhaps this one does,and if so an emailed copy of the flier could be printed and posted in color should the business manager care to do so.
Just a thought...
may I also say that if we could only harness the love, intelligence, and wit on this board, we could probably solve at least half the worlds problems! You are a bunch of really GOOD people!
MOO and so on and so forth.

Also maybe Zeaux could shed some light on things she enjoyed. If she has run off somewhere maybe she is still doing things she enjoyed. Like no matter where I was...I would always find me a Walmart and a TacoBell. If she has a favorite restraunt chain or maybe bowling or movies or anything. We could add them to the list of places to get flyers.

Hi, everyone. I know you all have the best intentions, and I applaud you. But, please be aware that TOS prohibit groups from organizing campaigns of any kind in the forum.
Organized Efforts- Email Campaigns-Boycotts-Petitions:

Obviously members are free to take up any and all causes that are important to them in an effort to bring about change. But using Websleuths as a platform to promote organized efforts such as email campaigns, boycotts, letter writing,etc. are strictly forbidden without the consent of the forum owners.If you have written a letter or taken any action in support of a cause, please refrain from posting about it. Support of a particular cause must be approved by the owners prior to posting links or information regarding any such effort. Causes can be questionable in nature, even though they appear to be honorable on the surface.As it relates to using WS as a platform for promotion,the owners investigate the nature and source of such campaigns and make their own decisions as to the legitimacy of each cause. Please do not suggest,directly or indirectly, that members support any type of organized effort without getting approval from forum owners first.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's certainly your right to organize a campaign off of the board, but if you do, you cannot represent yourself as WS members.

Also, regarding pm's, it is against the rules to talk about pm's in the threads. If you want to send a pm to someone, that's fine. Go ahead and send it, but please don't announce it in the thread. Likewise, do not post about pm's sent to you.

:tyou:

This might sound far-fetched, but it worked for me once. I used to post on another crime forum years ago, and I also had an obscure True Crime blog. One of the people on the forum had a relative who disappeared under what did seem like suspicious circumstances, so I posted an article about it on my blog. I had an analytics program that ran showing IP addresses of everyone who visited.

As it turned out, I had one particular IP that visited over and over and over. I gave the IP to the relative, who turned it over to police, and guess what? It was her! LE was able to do a welfare check and determined she was okay.

Hmmm, maybe I should try and see if it would work again. Anyone with a blog?

That is a BRILLIANT plan!!!

and....:welcome:, OEJ!

I want to help. I'm trying to get caught up on posts and gather my thoughts. I have a Community Action datasheet around here some stinking where... if I can find it we will have alot of this already done for us. If I can't find my copy I'm going to go out tomorrow and get another one. They are available at various social service organizations. I think the public libraries even have them. They are a four page flier that lists just about every community organization that you can think of and they are listed in their categories; i.e., shelters, literacy councils... not everything will be relevent but some will be.

What about the front pages (community services, etc.) in the old fashioned phone books?

Not as comprehensive as a Community Action data sheet, but maybe helpful to some Sleuthers....

Just a thought!

I volunteer for a nationwide organization (StandUp for Kids) that works with run away and homeless street kids (ages 8 - 21).

I understand very well the ins & outs of homeless shelter availability, rules, regulations, etc...

Not many people understand the dynamics so IF she or someone at a shelter sees BW either at a shelter or on the street they may be able to help find her.

IMO... EVERY PLACE & STONE should not be disregarded until she is found.

Thank you to everyone who is helping gather the information. This is an idea that may help the family since they are struggling to get information out and since we have no new/recent information to go on from LE.

ALSO... FYI... for those concerned about the legal aspects of sending out faxes... I will advise the family to seek legal advice from an attorney and feedback from Klaas Kids before they disseminate.

You are fantastic!

Now I'll be Debbie Downer. Brittney is 19 almost 20. IF Brittney is being held against her will, she's not at a shelter. If she's in a drugged state somewhere, or has met her fate, I don't know how a fax would help.

If she's chosen not to speak to her family by her own free will, she has that right. If she is at a shelter, the shelter will respect that and they cannot make her contact her family, nor can they contact her family without her permission. If her family calls the shelter, they will not say she's there. If she seeks medical care, her privacy continues by HIPAA laws.

If and when Alabama makes her an official missing person, then she'll be entered into the system and LE can send out a BOLO or a pick up order.

I find this very frustrating.

Thanks. Is it also your understanding that it was NOT RSW who provided a confession? Reading between the lines, it seems he is maintaining his innocence at this point. Thanks for your input. It has been difficult just keeping straight who's who.

I have no inside knowledge of who confessed. I haven't spoken to RSW since his arrest.

(I'm just now catching up on this thread and responding as I go.)

Reading back through the last few pages got me to thinking about something. In Mobile county, you can't steal Sudafed- it's behind the counter and you have to show ID and sign for it. At least the kind they use to make metb. The people who want it will pay upwards of 50 a box for someone to go in and buy it for them. This is because if you buy it too often, your name goes on a list and you start getting watched. J think they kind of run these in batches- like a few months worth at a time to see if some names pop up more often than normal and those go on this list.

But wouldn't it be worth it to run the lists from pharmacies to see if her name has come up in the past month? It would show the location and most have cameras. If nothing else, it would show that her or someone was using her ID. Long shot, but it's something.

IIRC, anytime someone purchases one of those controlled Sudafed type drugs they have to show ID. The record of their purchase is added to a Mobile County Sheriff's Dept database. I believe a person can only purchase two boxes of medicine within a 30 day window. Any abuse registers a red flag and LE gets involved. (They ran articles about this in the local paper a bunch when the law changed.)

I have no inside knowledge of who confessed. I haven't spoken to RSW since his arrest.

(I'm just now catching up on this thread and responding as I go.)

OneProof...is there anything you feel comfortable telling us that RSW may have said about BW that could be useful?

I am going to quote my own post since the info was easy to find.

" On June 1, DH was found in his home in Fairhope by his wife. He had committed suicide, reports Fox 10 News, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said Holland was being investigated for sexual abuse at the time."

Snipped

"RSW, 42, was arrested for sodomy and incest after police received information from a juvenile on June 19. DAK, 36, was also arrested and charged with sodomy and rape on June 19. Capt. Steve Arthur of the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office said that these two men are cousins of Brittney, in the video, although other information has identified them as Brittney's uncles."

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-strange-case-of-missing-brittney-wood

:seeya: Hiya Jules i too am a Lurker on this case aand have difficulty keeping up, so I'm continually in catch up mode.. i want to ask if it is correct DH killed himself in the home or was it at a dead end in a clearing of land? ..i know I've read both and wanted to be certain which is correct? ..

TiA to anyone who can clarify;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member