AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me sad that everything is so quiet. I know that there are a lot of people here who care about bringing Brittney home. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, if anything with LE. If she is not hiding on her own accord, I feel that they really need to be investigating all the key players outside of her parents a.s.a.p. I feel so sad for her due to the drug addiction and circumstances beyond her control that I really want her to have a happy ending and have a second choice. Also, what would it take to get a PI hired? How much do they cost? I've always wanted to be one myself and if I were, I'd take this case on for free! Can her mom get one hired with our help? Someone has to step in here and find this child!!!!!!! (yes, I know she's over 18 but I feel so protective and sad for her and I'm not even old enough to be her mom!)

:banghead:

:cheerful:Just sent a Thank You email to Steve from FOX10 for the article on Brittney Wood. He stated in an email to me that he would see what he could do about getting a weekend article out... Big Thanks to him and all the other emailers that put Brittney back in the news. Now it's LEs turn to put something out there!!!!

From your link:

... "Teenagers don't want to snitch, well this is not snitching. This is not a game, this is our family,” [BW's stepmon] said. “This is a 2-year-old's mother we are trying to find." ...

What does BW's stepmom think the teenagers know? Does she think teenagers are hiding BW? ??

I took it to mean that maybe BW told one of her teenaged friends where she was headed or why she was going to Grand Bay/who she was going with or something & BW's parents think the friends might be witholding that info as not to break BW's trust. I didn't take it to mean teenaged friends know where BW currently is or are hiding her.

Hi everyone,

I'm having major computer issues so hopefully this post will go through on my 3rd attempt. I am popping on really quickly to clear up a few misunderstandings.

First - The intent of BW's stepmom's message is being taken out of context by some because the entire conversation was not reported (unfortunately). The message is meant to communicate to anyone who may have information about what happened to BW.

She wants everyone (including teens) who are especially susceptible to image & "loyalty" out of concern for being labeled a snitch by their friends and family. Whoever knows about what happened to BW need to be concerned with doing the right thing for BW & her daughter.

Second - The FB post requesting contact information for a "TS" has been determined to be the result of a bad tip that was received. There are no "TS's" connected to BW.

PLEASE continue to contact the media, Twitter, Facebook or by going to the Mobile PD's website and completing their community survey. We need to remind the media, community and law enforcement that we want Brittney to be found. That it is important to many people that she is found and to please not lose focus.

Thanks everyone! :)

For any of you who may know or have contact with the family... do you know if they have considered getting a private investigator?

SH/Hometown Search FB page reports that $1500 was raised from the Bucket Drive on Saturday and Sunday.

From your link:

... "Teenagers don't want to snitch, well this is not snitching. This is not a game, this is our family,” [BW's stepmon] said. “This is a 2-year-old's mother we are trying to find." ...

What does BW's stepmom think the teenagers know? Does she think teenagers are hiding BW? ??

Its very possible esp the guy that cant remeber anything!
they keep bringing up the 2 yr old and sorry but the 2 yr old dosent even live with her.

I didn't understand that either.
It really didn't fit in with the rest of the news story and might hurt donations.
People might pause and think..."why donate if BW is hiding out with friends who don't want to snitch on her".

I certainly don't think she is hiding out...but others might after reading that.

I wonder if that statement had anything to do with the request on FB about a girl named TS?

The girl named Ts posted on that FB page. way back in the beginning.
It was either that page or Britts

Hi everyone,

I'm having major computer issues so hopefully this post will go through on my 3rd attempt. I am popping on really quickly to clear up a few misunderstandings.

First - The intent of BW's stepmom's message is being taken out of context by some because the entire conversation was not reported (unfortunately). The message is meant to communicate to anyone who may have information about what happened to BW.

She wants everyone (including teens) who are especially susceptible to image & "loyalty" out of concern for being labeled a snitch by their friends and family. Whoever knows about what happened to BW need to be concerned with doing the right thing for BW & her daughter.

Second - The FB post requesting contact information for a "TS" has been determined to be the result of a bad tip that was received. There are no "TS's" connected to BW.

PLEASE continue to contact the media, Twitter, Facebook or by going to the Mobile PD's website and completing their community survey. We need to remind the media, community and law enforcement that we want Brittney to be found. That it is important to many people that she is found and to please not lose focus.

Thanks everyone! :)

TS did post on one of their Fb pages
If they didnt DELETE it they should be able to find it!

It makes me sad that everything is so quiet. I know that there are a lot of people here who care about bringing Brittney home. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes, if anything with LE. If she is not hiding on her own accord, I feel that they really need to be investigating all the key players outside of her parents a.s.a.p. I feel so sad for her due to the drug addiction and circumstances beyond her control that I really want her to have a happy ending and have a second choice. Also, what would it take to get a PI hired? How much do they cost? I've always wanted to be one myself and if I were, I'd take this case on for free! Can her mom get one hired with our help? Someone has to step in here and find this child!!!!!!! (yes, I know she's over 18 but I feel so protective and sad for her and I'm not even old enough to be her mom!)

:banghead:

We may never be privy to the information that LE has. I watched a television show this weekend that talked about teen girls that disappeared in Texas along the stretch of I-45 between Houston and Galveston. One point that was brought out was how slow LE was to respond to the seriousness of the situation and how because of that a lot of these cases may never be solved due to lack of evidence. A lot of these girls were just considered "run-away's" because little info lead LE to believe "foul play" was involved despite the parents saying that they know their daughters well enough to know that they would not run away that long of a period of time without communication. Had LE gotten into "high gear" early enough then they may have found the evidence necessary to, perhaps, save some of these girls, and if nothing else, bring the responsible people to justice. I am not saying that this is the case with BW but, from what I hear, the similarities, especially with how dedicated LE is to finding her, are eerie, to say the least.

TS did post on one of their Fb pages
If they didnt DELETE it they should be able to find it!

A different Sheffield posted. They're still there--not deleted. There is no TS that can in any way be connected to BW.

Its very possible esp the guy that cant remeber anything!
they keep bringing up the 2 yr old and sorry but the 2 yr old dosent even live with her.

PH didn't live with BW since April (BW disappeared in May), however, BW had custody of PH up until that time and still had visitation in April and May. Of course her daughter knows who her mother is.

Statistically, in the U.S., there are more children with parents living separately than together.

Wanted to share...I received a reply from Steve FOX10 regarding the weekend article Thank You...

"It was our pleasure! Please keep in touch with us to let us know the latest developments...we don't want to forget about the story.

Wanted to share...I received a reply from Steve FOX10 regarding the weekend article Thank You...

It's wonderful that BW is getting some attention from the local media and, hopefully, more will come because of this story. Regardless, we need to push the issue with other local media outlets. I am curious if the family is considering doing additional fundraisers.

It's wonderful that BW is getting some attention from the local media and, hopefully, more will come because of this story. Regardless, we need to push the issue with other local media outlets. I am curious if the family is considering doing additional fundraisers.

I contacted WKRG too.
FOX10 was the only one to reply. So glad they want to stay involved!
Also am happy to hear about the money the bucket drive brought in...and any additional fundraisers would help I'm sure!

Were flyers passed out at the bucket drive? (can't remember if I read it anywhere)

I contacted WKRG too.
FOX10 was the only one to reply. So glad they want to stay involved!
Also am happy to hear about the money the bucket drive brought in...and any additional fundraisers would help I'm sure!

Were flyers passed out at the bucket drive? (can't remember if I read it anywhere)

I contacted WKRG-5 and WPMI-15, respectively, and received no response from either. I was told that fliers were issued. Trying to drum up support from some local businesses too. Saw the first flier for BW, albeit black and white, at a Shell Station off Theodore-Dawes Rd. It was refreshing to see it. Hoping to get some color fliers so that I can post them locally. Anywhere from Grand Bay to Styx River and down to Fairhope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth