AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate watching the news but find myself glued to it everyday. I turn off my kids' cartoons when the news comes on, much to their disapproval. The only stories I have seen for the last few days have been about "fourth of july" related events and Airbus. Nothing has been said about BW or her family. It gets so frustrating. I plan on going to the bucket drive on Saturday but have heard or read nothing about it outside of a few blogs and the facebook page. Has anyone contacted the news outlets and notified them about the fundraiser?

My comment about "how's that for confusing" was referring to the fact that there are so many unanswered questions that have this case so confusing --#868 posts worth. -- as well as the confusion I was having trying to write that sentence to make sense.

I guess I should have clarified it by stating I was the one that was confused by it all. IMO MOO JAT
LOL...It seems I'm the one who was confused. :innocent:

I believe LE said something about the two arrestes being only the tip of the iceberg or some such thing. Do we have more of the ice berg yet?

Just my opinion but it feels like the iceberg has either been chopped into icecubes or has melted away to nothing. I cant imagine how frustrating this is for CW and those from this family that are trying to find BW. Heaven knows its frustrating for those of us that arent family and are concerned for BW.

Actually your post wasnt that confusing.
Confusion is how I felt when I first read about this story and tried to make sense of "who the people were" and "how they were connected/related to each other".

What is confusing is that DH's suicide isn't raising more questions. Maybe LE has those answers and is keeping them under their belt.

I just can't dismiss DH's suicide as not being highly connected to BW's disappearance. moo

I have read every post beginning with #1 and I have been so many different levels of confused that I feel like I climbed Mount Everest at times and then dove to the Mariana's Trench at others. My wife keeps a bottle of excedrin in the medicine cabinet and it has come in handy quite a few times over the past month. Somethings are glaringly obvious and others just don't fit, they don't add up.

I know we all want to hear some news and see some action from LE but just because we personally aren't seeing the iceberg melt doesn't mean that it's not going to!! After stepping away from sleuthing for a couple of days and getting my thoughts in order, I'm convinced that LE is not giving up on finding BW or on helping the family. I know it appears that way, but the truth is that we simply don't know what is happening behind the scenes.

Let's keep hoping & praying, looking & telling.

I know we all want to hear some news and see some action from LE but just because we personally aren't seeing the iceberg melt doesn't mean that it's not going to!! After stepping away from sleuthing for a couple of days and getting my thoughts in order, I'm convinced that LE is not giving up on finding BW or on helping the family. I know it appears that way, but the truth is that we simply don't know what is happening behind the scenes.

Let's keep hoping & praying, looking & telling.

Though a little frustrating, hearing from LE is not as concerning as hearing little to nothing about the "fundraisers". I know that there are those here and some on the "Hometown Search" facebook page that are talking about the "bucket drive" this weekend. as well as, other "fundraisers". I just don't see it hitting the mainstream and am wondering if the local media outlets have even been notified. It's very possible that they have been notified and have chosen not to communicate that to the public for whatever reason, it was just a question. I believe that LE is doing what they can to find BW and they certainly are not obligated to keep her story or any part of their investigation in the open.

I am really surprised to log in and find hardly any posts for poor Brittney. I followed the Sierra LaMar case to the point of obsession, and also Mickey Shunick. I can only hope that even though it appears the case is going cold, LE know BUCKET LOADS and are quietly gathering forces in the background. I only hope and pray that THIS case is the exception and THIS girl is hiding out for the sake of her family and her baby. It makes you realise how lucky you are...

...That is why I ask who the yuk eek charge of incest covers. Because this would mean if DK was not charged with incest, then we have 2 victims as if it was only one victim then DH would be related by marriage to that victim, same as DK who wasnt charged with the incest charge.

Do you understand me???

What is everyone thinking? Do you think this all relates to one poor little child or is a 'keep it in the family" type ring?

If it involves more than one, then I think BW may have also been a victim of at least DH.....if they have crossed the line at that level, then I really dont see how he/they would have resisted.

If this is the case then he has killed her, maybe so she wouldnt speak to the police and make his case l oook extra bad (not that it could get much worse)or may be self disguist.

She may have also left town never wanting to return knowing what was coming for these guys and maybe her name being involved.

Just my opinions and questions and thoughts...........this really is awful and sad[/QUOTE]

Section 13A-13-3 - Incest.

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or

(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or

(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or

(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

(b) A person shall not be convicted of incest or of an attempt to commit incest upon the uncorroborated testimony of the person with whom the offense is alleged to have been committed.

(c) Incest is a Class C felony.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §7010.)
Sections: Previous 13A-13-1 13A-13-2 13A-13-3 13A-13-4 13A-13-5 13A-13-6 13A-13-7 Next

Last modified: February 19, 2012

...That is why I ask who the yuk eek charge of incest covers. Because this would mean if DK was not charged with incest, then we have 2 victims as if it was only one victim then DH would be related by marriage to that victim, same as DK who wasnt charged with the incest charge.

Do you understand me???

What is everyone thinking? Do you think this all relates to one poor little child or is a 'keep it in the family" type ring?

If it involves more than one, then I think BW may have also been a victim of at least DH.....if they have crossed the line at that level, then I really dont see how he/they would have resisted.

If this is the case then he has killed her, maybe so she wouldnt speak to the police and make his case l oook extra bad (not that it could get much worse)or may be self disguist.

She may have also left town never wanting to return knowing what was coming for these guys and maybe her name being involved.

Just my opinions and questions and thoughts...........this really is awful and sad

Section 13A-13-3 - Incest.

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or

(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or

(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or

(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

(b) A person shall not be convicted of incest or of an attempt to commit incest upon the uncorroborated testimony of the person with whom the offense is alleged to have been committed.

(c) Incest is a Class C felony.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §7010.)
Sections: Previous 13A-13-1 13A-13-2 13A-13-3 13A-13-4 13A-13-5 13A-13-6 13A-13-7 Next

Last modified: February 19, 2012[/QUOTE]

I am confused because I do not remember reading anywhere that DH was being investigated for incest, just sexual abuse.

One would assume by the definition given above for the incest charge, that since DK and DH were not being investigated for incest but RSW was being charged with incest....that this could indeed be just one victim. However I dont want to speculate or assume because we are not to attempt to sleuth the victim (especially with this person/persons being assumed a minor)

Concerned Outsider,
This is in reference to your post #897 concerning the sexual abuse charges for DH and why he wasn't being investigated for incest.

Since DH was only being investigated at this point, perhaps everything was lumped under the umbrella term of "sexual abuse".
Perhaps DH would have been charged with incest, etc. once the investigation was complete and they had evidence to warrant those specific charges.

I've worked with "sexual abuse investigators". In conversation they would say they were investigating "sexual abuse" allegations. They never referred to it as "incest" even though it was exactly that. They later changed terminology if charges were brought forth.

Here is a link for Child Welfare Services outlining the steps in an Investigation of Child Sexual Abuse. This is the government link for all states. It talks about who all is interviewed...how they determine if an abuser needs to be removed from home.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/sexabuse/sexabused.cfm

snipped from above link:
CPS's first goal is to ensure the child's protection within his/her own home. When the child's safety cannot be ensured in the home, intervention may involve removal of the child and placement with a relative or a foster family, or it may entail getting the offender out of the home. The latter strategy is preferred in cases of sexual abuse. Actions resulting in removal usually require the intervention of the juvenile or family court. The reader is referred to another manual in this series, Working With the Courts in Child Protection.

I wonder if DH volunteered to leave the home during investigation...or if the courts were involved.

I hope any parent whose child spent time around DH, RSW or DK have talked to or had a professional question their child as to whether they suffered abuse from these men. I also hope all children involved are receiving counseling.

CW posted on FB that the Bucket Drive was a great success!

Thank you, Chatty! Will you please give us further updates from the FB page as you become aware of them? I disabled my FB account a few days ago and the ONLY thing I'm missing is BW's search page.

Wood's family collects donations - FOX10TV.com - 7/7/12

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-family-collects-donations

^^ found this.

But, not a word about it on the one other station in Mobile.

From your link:

... "Teenagers don't want to snitch, well this is not snitching. This is not a game, this is our family,” [BW's stepmon] said. “This is a 2-year-old's mother we are trying to find." ...

What does BW's stepmom think the teenagers know? Does she think teenagers are hiding BW? ??

From your link:

... "Teenagers don't want to snitch, well this is not snitching. This is not a game, this is our family,” [BW's stepmon] said. “This is a 2-year-old's mother we are trying to find." ...

What does BW's stepmom think the teenagers know? Does she think teenagers are hiding BW? ??

It sure sounds like it, doesn't it? I just don't know what to think about this case anymore.

From your link:

I didn't understand that either.
It really didn't fit in with the rest of the news story and might hurt donations.
People might pause and think..."why donate if BW is hiding out with friends who don't want to snitch on her".

I certainly don't think she is hiding out...but others might after reading that.

I wonder if that statement had anything to do with the request on FB about a girl named TS?

Yes I noticed that request on FB inquiring about TS contact information. I wonder what that was all about. If this person of interest is over 18, and I assume they are, then hopefully BW stepmom can easily obtain their contact information via Yellow Pages or People Finder.

Also I'm glad to see some new media coverage of this story. It will probably be helpful to contact Fox10TV and let them know we appreciate their coverage and look forward to more in the near future. Thanks Fox10TV for paying attention to the concerns and requests of viewers !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member