AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see Brittney's thread slowing down so much. Hopefully she will be found soon.
Bumping for Brittney.

Is anyone aware of any future Court dates for the 2 uncles?

Sad to see Brittney's thread slowing down so much. Hopefully she will be found soon.
Bumping for Brittney.

That's because the information given to us has dried up, so nothing much new to discuss.

I feel that if the mystery of Brittney's disappearance is to be solved, that her friends should be asked the right questions by the right person, to find out more about her habits, ie, likelihood of her going to the truck stop in the middle of the night; who her latest friends/contacts were, and follow up with these, wherever it might lead.

The guy who heard from Brittney on the night of her disappearance, and conveniently claims that he doesn't remember a thing, because he was high, sounds suspect. Why did she call him? What did she want from him? Drugs; a Ride; Help of some kind; or just a random middle of the night chat for no particular reason? Brittney had no means of transportation, so either she called for someone to pick her up or DH, or someone else, took her (or just her phone) to the truckstop.

I think her mother should try and get together with her sister to thrash things out. What did DH tell WH on the Thursday, after the night before, regarding Brittney? WH's husband is dead, and nothing will bring him back, so she should respect what her sister is going through with knowing her daughter is missing and was last known to be with her husband. If these sisters were close before these events, then they should be able to get some (honest) dialog going.

Another thing that puzzles me regarding the phone deletions and suspected hacking of BW's phone. Why on earth would WH broadcast this on the internet, for everyone to see, if she had something to hide? At first, I had assumed that she was working with Brittney's mother to assist her, in trying to access Brittney's phone records to find out where her last calls went.

Then everything got very suspicious sounding when the deletions on DH's phone were mentioned. I don't know why she would admit to this.

Another thing that puzzles me regarding the phone deletions and suspected hacking of BW's phone. Why on earth would WH broadcast this on the internet, for everyone to see, if she had something to hide? At first, I had assumed that she was working with Brittney's mother to assist her, in trying to access Brittney's phone records to find out where her last calls went.

Then everything got very suspicious sounding when the deletions on DH's phone were mentioned. I don't know why she would admit to this.

Originally, I read the statement about the deletions and thought that law enforcement was looking for things that DH deleted, not that WWH had deleted things. In regard to hacking into BW's phone, I don't think that was the case. I think that rumors spread because of DH's suicide and that WWH was attacked as a result. Believe me, I do think that there is more to her story, but I don't think it has anything to do with BW. My feeling is that her whole goal is to defend and protect DH. I also think that she was likely aware or suspicious of DH's activities in relation to the sex abuse investigation. JMO.

Thinking and hoping and praying from Brittney from a long way away, (Aust), oh, come home Brittney, please come home safe and sound darling girl!

Re: reward money

Looking forward to reading about the offer of a reward in this case. What's the status of this? Thanks

I read on the FB site that CW said they brought in $1600 on Sat and planned on doing the bucket drive again on Sun. How much was brought in on Sun? TIA

Re: reward money

Looking forward to reading about the offer of a reward in this case. What's the status of this? Thanks

I read on the FB site that CW said they brought in $1600 on Sat and planned on doing the bucket drive again on Sun. How much was brought in on Sun? TIA

I hadnt heard about them doing the bucket drive again on Sunday but I think they should do it again soon. It was a success. I also think it is proof that the average person in this community does care about BW once they hear the story and see the family and their neighbors out supporting them. We just have to keep her face and story out there. Something has got to come up eventually.

I'm not local but is there anyone familiar or in the general area that can try to seek out a private investigator either pro bono or willing to offer assistance in cost? Grabbing at straws but wondering if that could help. Seems a few people have a lot to hide there and because LE is so quiet, you have to wonder what's happening IF anything at all. After all this time, I just can't imagine her hiding out although, that would be the best case scenario. More than anything (other than bringing her home,) I want justice. These people cannot get away with what they have done. I'd be willing to donate $ to help.

I'm not local but is there anyone familiar or in the general area that can try to seek out a private investigator either pro bono or willing to offer assistance in cost? Grabbing at straws but wondering if that could help. Seems a few people have a lot to hide there and because LE is so quiet, you have to wonder what's happening IF anything at all. After all this time, I just can't imagine her hiding out although, that would be the best case scenario. More than anything (other than bringing her home,) I want justice. These people cannot get away with what they have done. I'd be willing to donate $ to help.

I don't know if that has been suggested to the family or not. I believe I read where they were seeking help from anyone that would offer.

I know that some of my comments could have been interpreted as being critical of this family but, in reality, I support them 100%. I guess we get frustrated when we look at something and feel we could handle it better but the truth is that it's easier to critique something when you are outside looking in.

I can't imagine the unspeakable horrors and frustration this family has felt and continue to feel on a daily basis while trying to put together some semblance of normality.

Forty-one (41) days since BW was, reportedly, last seen and we are no closer to finding her than day one (1). There is hope that day Forty-two (42) will see BW come home safely.

I don't know if that has been suggested to the family or not. I believe I read where they were seeking help from anyone that would offer.

I know that some of my comments could have been interpreted as being critical of this family but, in reality, I support them 100%. I guess we get frustrated when we look at something and feel we could handle it better but the truth is that it's easier to critique something when you are outside looking in.

I can't imagine the unspeakable horrors and frustration this family has felt and continue to feel on a daily basis while trying to put together some semblance of normality.

Forty-one (41) days since BW was, reportedly, last seen and we are no closer to finding her than day one (1). There is hope that day Forty-two (42) will see BW come home safely.

I know that there are a lot of missing people and I see other threads where you can barely keep up and I wish that this thread had some of that same enthusiasm. I know that we don't have a lot to go on and there are several outside circumstances that further complicated this case but still! I just feel that maybe her parents have limited resources and maybe just don't know what to do. Ok, so you get a little money raised, then what? They need an advocate of some type to help. I still want to know what's up with all the suspect relatives and how they fit into this puzzle. :maddening:

I know that there are a lot of missing people and I see other threads where you can barely keep up and I wish that this thread had some of that same enthusiasm. I know that we don't have a lot to go on and there are several outside circumstances that further complicated this case but still! I just feel that maybe her parents have limited resources and maybe just don't know what to do. Ok, so you get a little money raised, then what? They need an advocate of some type to help. I still want to know what's up with all the suspect relatives and how they fit into this puzzle. :maddening:

I agree with you and have said as much. They need someone to step fwd and be a willing and trustworthy advocate for this family. It wouldnt hurt if it was someone that had experience with this kind of thing. I do believe that the family is kind of spinning their wheels just like we are. They don't know which way to go now. I think the money was raised to give to Crimestoppers to offer as a reward. I could be wrong but I thought I read that either on the FB page or here on WS.

BBM - Didn't they have KlaasKids help? Wouldn't the lines of communication still be open with Klaas? Wish we could hear about more activities going on over there! JMO

BBM - Didn't they have KlaasKids help? Wouldn't the lines of communication still be open with Klaas? Wish we could hear about more activities going on over there! JMO

I can't speak to the level of involvement by Klaas but my understanding is that the family is pretty much on their own with some but little outside help. As to why that is, I cannot say because I don't know. That is just my understanding but that definitely doesn't make it a fact, only the family truly knows.

I can't speak to the level of involvement by Klaas but my understanding is that the family is pretty much on their own with some but little outside help. As to why that is, I cannot say because I don't know. That is just my understanding but that definitely doesn't make it a fact, only the family truly knows.

BBM - Yes, I remember someone saying something like Klaas is no longer in the picture but that didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Does anybody know if KlaasKids/Klaas has severed communication? If so, why?

BW's parents can't even call Klaas org to get advice? Can't access Klaas resources of the general how to's / what to do's?

This case and activities just seems to be moving along at a snail's pace and still no sign of BW.

BBM - Yes, I remember someone saying something like Klaas is no longer in the picture but that didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Does anybody know if KlaasKids/Klaas has severed communication? If so, why?

BW's parents can't even call Klaas org to get advice? Can't access Klaas resources of the general how to's / what to do's?

This case and activities just seems to be moving along at a snail's pace and still no sign of BW.

I think that Klaas is still in the picture but I believe Klaas relies heavily on the information passed to them by LE and family and since LE isnt willing to talk, for whatever reason, and the family doesn't have much to go on themselves, Klaas is very limited as to what support they can offer the family. That is not to say that they aren't helping but are, like everyone, waiting on more information before they know what direction to go in. This, ofcourse, is just my observation.

I know the primary purpose for this site is to help find Brittney, but unfortunately she is not the only victim in this case. I am positive the other victim is intertwined in this case and we cannot sleuth or investigate this victim. I believe this is also the reason we are not hearing anything from le, but I think they are working both cases. I think they cannot release the information because of the other victim.

I know the primary purpose for this site is to help find Brittney, but unfortunately she is not the only victim in this case. I am positive the other victim is intertwined in this case and we cannot sleuth or investigate this victim. I believe this is also the reason we are not hearing anything from le, but I think they are working both cases. I think they cannot release the information because of the other victim.

That is a possibility, well, anything is a possibility at this point.

I think that Klaas is still in the picture but I believe Klaas relies heavily on the information passed to them by LE and family and since LE isnt willing to talk, for whatever reason, and the family doesn't have much to go on themselves, Klaas is very limited as to what support they can offer the family. That is not to say that they aren't helping but are, like everyone, waiting on more information before they know what direction to go in. This, ofcourse, is just my observation.

What you have written makes perfect sense about why Klaas is no longer boots on the ground in the area, however action can still be taken in the interim and I have got to imagine that Klaas org would have a wealth of knowledge that would be accessible to BW's parents.

For example: digital files of the what to do when your child is missing, how to raise funds effectively, how to get the word out, how to effectively use social media, how to get merchant supporters, etc etc etc

Time has been ticking since this young woman went missing - how long has it been now? I think I'm just very frustrated at not seeing a sense of urgency in this case, by anyone. And yes, this is only based on what I read - It's all I've got to go on. JMHO

What you have written makes perfect sense about why Klaas is no longer boots on the ground in the area, however action can still be taken in the interim and I have got to imagine that Klaas org would have a wealth of knowledge that would be accessible to BW's parents.

For example: digital files of the what to do when your child is missing, how to raise funds effectively, how to get the word out, how to effectively use social media, how to get merchant supporters, etc etc etc

Time has been ticking since this young woman went missing - how long has it been now? I think I'm just very frustrated at not seeing a sense of urgency in this case, by anyone. And yes, this is only based on what I read - It's all I've got to go on. JMHO

I think you have made an excellent point. I have visited the KlaasKids website and it's sister site, Beyond Missing, and there are excellent resources to finding a missing child. The issue here is that BW is not considered a child. Even LE has stated that she is an adult and therefore may go wherever she likes whenever she likes so long as she doesn't break the law. I think that LE's early ruling that there was no foul play has greatly reduced their ability to properly investigate this case (My Opinion). This could also be something that is limiting Klaas' involvement and hindering the family's ablility to raise funds to find her. Her age does not matter to me but, and it is sad to say, had she been under 18 then they would have been able to gain more support from a lot of organizations and I believe that LE would have taken a different approach, especially if she was under 15 years of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192