AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of family out looking for her without help or resources is heartbreaking. I think of Brittney as a vulnerable young girl who has fallen through the cracks in the overall scheme of things. It really bothers me that somebody can just disappear without trace. I have been following along with you all long enough here on WS to know that far too many are missing. Also that so many on this forum put their lives on hold to help those in trouble. Brittney's situation is so sad that I don't know what anyone can do. She has been gone too long.

JMO MOO

They were getting help from Klaas Kids org. I believe, weren't they? Usually even if searches are not on-going, due to lack of info as to where to search, Mark K. and company will still provide support and advice to the families who contact them, as far as I know. I hope so, anyway.

The person I really wish we could hear from is DK. I do know that he is the one that confessed. It is my opinion only, that RSW may be innocent. I think DK knows a lot more than other people, but unfortunately I think it also relates to the other victim and we can't investigate it and the LE probably can't release that information. WWH and DK hold some answers. It's my opinion only. DK's mom is also very influential and I believe that has caused such low media response.

In my opinion, the media is probably being very careful about reporting on the sexual abuse case because the victim is a minor. RSW was charged with incest, which limits the pool of people that the victim belongs to. No media outlet would want to be accused of outing the identity of a sexual assault victim, especially when a minor is involved.

Also, we don't know if reporters are following up on the "iceburg" and being told that there is nothing new to report. Law enforcement could also be holding back details because it is an ongoing investigation. Still, I'd really like to know what is going on with the investigation.

I hope there is some sort of break, very soon, Brittney's family must be in agony each and every day!

They were getting help from Klaas Kids org. I believe, weren't they? Usually even if searches are not on-going, due to lack of info as to where to search, Mark K. and company will still provide support and advice to the families who contact them, as far as I know. I hope so, anyway.

KlaasKids is still very much involved and providing resourceful information for this family. One of the main issues is finances. The family does not have a lot of money and the one who was financing a lot of the search for BW is having his own troubles right now. Whether he did what he is accused of or not, RSW was at the forefront of the search for BW, early on, right beside the other members of this family (excluding WWH). I look at this situation and see that this is not just a family problem. This is a community problem. A national problem. Our sons and daughters are disappearing. Mothers are being left childless and children are being left motherless. I look at this case and I see that this could be my daughter in several years. This could have been my sister years ago. Inaction is no longer an option. Something has to change and its time that our communities band together, like it used to be. It takes a village to raise a child and it's time the village started protecting and supporting them too.

Some have asked about court dates for DK and RSW. This info was provided to me by someone that was watching out for when they set the dates for these two men.

Dustin goes to court at 9:00am, Thursday, July 12th

Scott goes to court at 8:30am, Friday, July 13th

Attachments

• Dustin 7.12.12.jpg
    Dustin 7.12.12.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Scott 7.13.12.jpg
    Scott 7.13.12.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 42

Klass Kids is a truly amazing organization. I have the greatest respect for all the wonderful work they do. It was through the alert here on WS for local members to help coordinate food & supplies that I became aware of missing Brittney. I was very impressed with how quickly and generously so many responded.

MOO

KlaasKids is still very much involved and providing resourceful information for this family. One of the main issues is finances. The family does not have a lot of money and the one who was financing a lot of the search for BW is having his own troubles right now. Whether he did what he is accused of or not, RSW was at the forefront of the search for BW, early on, right beside the other members of this family (excluding WWH). I look at this situation and see that this is not just a family problem. This is a community problem. A national problem. Our sons and daughters are disappearing. Mothers are being left childless and children are being left motherless. I look at this case and I see that this could be my daughter in several years. This could have been my sister years ago. Inaction is no longer an option. Something has to change and its time that our communities band together, like it used to be. It takes a village to raise a child and it's time the village started protecting and supporting them too.

Thank you for a great post. You put into words some of the thoughts that keep spinning around in my head and being local you have better insight than I would, and possibly others.
IMO lack of finances is a major issue here, not even enough for the reward yet, and that is one of the reasons I feel for the immediate family. It has to be so soul-destroying for them. I must admit to following many cases here on WS, lurking in other words, and sadly even when it's ‘all systems go’ the results are not always favourable. Hoping for some news/action soon.

MOO

Thank you for a great post. You put into words some of the thoughts that keep spinning around in my head and being local you have better insight than I would, and possibly others.
IMO lack of finances is a major issue here, not even enough for the reward yet, and that is one of the reasons I feel for the immediate family. It has to be so soul-destroying for them. I must admit to following many cases here on WS, lurking in other words, and sadly even when it's ‘all systems go’ the results are not always favourable. Hoping for some news/action soon.

MOO

I know that it would put a serious financial strain on me if one of my kids went missing. Might even bankrupt me. CW has two younger children, I believe. One thing to consider is that the family has to continue to provide for their daily lives and that is difficult in itself these days.They rely heavily on community support and the community is responding. Every dollar counts and every prayer and encouraging word does too, sometimes more than money does.

Some have asked about court dates for DK and RSW. This info was provided to me by someone that was watching out for when they set the dates for these two men.

Dustin goes to court at 9:00am, Thursday, July 12th

Scott goes to court at 8:30am, Friday, July 13th

Maybe we'll start finding out if there is actually anything to this iceberg.

Hi Dr!

I'm curious, and this is a little off topic, but could you give a brief description of the "roleplaying game" activity. What do you do? Themes? Costumes? Average age of participant? Male / female / adults / kids? Are faux weapons used? Thanks!

Ha! That's actually a sore subject with tabletop gamers, and all of us at the local game shops are tabletop gamers. Here's how it breaks down:

There's tabletop roleplaying, and then there's "LARPing" or Live Action Role Playing. There's a pretty wide border between the two. Most tabletop gamers think LARPers are a little silly, running around wearing their costumes and casting spells on each other by throwing confetti. I'm kind of a live and let live kind of guy, so if someone wants to dress up and pretend they're vampires or wizards and they're not hurting anyone, then more power to them. It's not for me. I'm firmly in the tabletop gaming realm.

Tabletop gamers do all of their running around killing monsters and throwing spells in their heads, or on paper. It's the original roleplaying game format created by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson back in the 70's with the original Dungeons & Dragons rules. We don't use any real weapons or fake weapons. We don't dress in costume, unless it's for comic effect like the gamemaster wearing a wizard's hat just as a joke. It's all on paper, written on a "character sheet" which is a record of all the statistics and equipment for our character (the role we're playing).

We generally get together once or twice a week and play for three or four hours, at least until the old folks among us (I'm 42) get tired and have to go home and get some sleep.

As far as ages and other demographics, here in Mobile it's about 2/3rds male and 1/3rd female, with ages ranging from late teens all the way up to us old folks who have been playing since the 70's or 80's, generally topping out at 45-50 years old. The age range skews younger in the summer when kids are out of school, and older during the rest of the year. I would estimate that it's probably 80% Caucasians and 20% other races.

We do have a couple of younger kids who come and play, down to age ten, but they are there with their parents. I can't think of anyone who is showing up at the game shops who is younger than 16 who isn't accompanied by a parent. The game shop owners promote a very family-friendly atmosphere, and something like the recent arrest of RSW sends ripples of anger and defensiveness through a community which prides itself on being open to all ages. Unlike computer gaming, tabletop gaming is directed at getting people together in person to play games and have fun, whether it's roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder; collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh; or tabletop miniature wargames like Dust Tactics or Warhammer.

I'll answer any questions anyone has about the roleplaying angle. If it's too off topic, the mods can let me know and we can take it all to private messaging. The only thing I won't do is mention specific players or specific game shops. The last thing the tabletop gaming industry needs is bad press. We've spent the last 30 years or so trying to overcome the myths that were spread in the 80's of suicidal, violent, anti-social gamers. The statistics just don't bear out those stereotypes, and despite all the evidence to the contrary, some people still think of roleplaying gamers in those terms.

The person I really wish we could hear from is DK. I do know that he is the one that confessed. It is my opinion only, that RSW may be innocent. I think DK knows a lot more than other people, but unfortunately I think it also relates to the other victim and we can't investigate it and the LE probably can't release that information. WWH and DK hold some answers. It's my opinion only. DK's mom is also very influential and I believe that has caused such low media response.

Who is she? I understand if you don't want to post her name, but what does she do that is so influential? I know of the DK/famous nephew quarterback link, but I didn't know anything about his mom.

Let's just hope that, once the final verdict comes in for these men, that the truth comes out about BW.

In the case of children, I know it is difficult to hold back our anger and frustration toward those who it is alleged to have committed these act(s) but let me remind everyone that our Founding Fathers designed a system that allows for a person to be deemed innocent until it is proved that they are guilty. We can get so caught up in the details of this bizzare case and how it may relate to BW's disappearance but one truth remains, these are innocent men, until convicted, that have allegedly committed a crime. My hope is that, somehow, this may lead to BW being found and brought home, safely.

Ha! That's actually a sore subject with tabletop gamers, and all of us at the local game shops are tabletop gamers. Here's how it breaks down:

There's tabletop roleplaying, and then there's "LARPing" or Live Action Role Playing. There's a pretty wide border between the two. Most tabletop gamers think LARPers are a little silly, running around wearing their costumes and casting spells on each other by throwing confetti. I'm kind of a live and let live kind of guy, so if someone wants to dress up and pretend they're vampires or wizards and they're not hurting anyone, then more power to them. It's not for me. I'm firmly in the tabletop gaming realm.

Tabletop gamers do all of their running around killing monsters and throwing spells in their heads, or on paper. It's the original roleplaying game format created by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson back in the 70's with the original Dungeons & Dragons rules. We don't use any real weapons or fake weapons. We don't dress in costume, unless it's for comic effect like the gamemaster wearing a wizard's hat just as a joke. It's all on paper, written on a "character sheet" which is a record of all the statistics and equipment for our character (the role we're playing).

Respectfully snipped for space.

Thanks so much for your detailed description and for being a good sport with my assumptions. Before reading your post, all I could imagine was the Renaissance Fair type of activity and you all dressed up and looking swarthy from dust!

It sounds like a lot of fun!

Who is she? I understand if you don't want to post her name, but what does she do that is so influential? I know of the DK/famous nephew quarterback link, but I didn't know anything about his mom.

I don't know her name. I am going on information given to me by a family member. I will try to find out her name.

According to the Hometown Facebook page, there will be another bucket drive at Mobile International Speedway, located off Highway 90 in Irvington, AL on this Saturday. The gates open at 5pm so anyone volunteering needs to get there before then. The races begin at 8pm. Go to the link below for further information.

http://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844

WWH was spouse of DH and sister to CW

WWH was spouse of DH and sister to CW

I believe Dr TJ was asking about DK's mom. Southern Sweetpea said she is very influential.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member