AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Chessie meant that if BW was alive and hiding that she would have both her phone and gun.

I guess that means the phone should still be pinging.

?????

I don't think her cell has been recovered. They just know when it last pinged.

I don't so much think her phone was 'left behind' but more that it was ditched somewhere by someone. Maybe that's what Chessie meant?

Drugs can be blamed for many things, but they don't make one become a child-sex abuser or incestuous...you have to be inclined a certain way already...

Drugs can be blamed for many things, but they don't make one become a child-sex abuser or incestuous...you have to be inclined a certain way already...
But drug abuse certainly can promote an environment for abuse to happen...ie...children not being monitored...parent strung out on drug/unaware...strangers in the home...children seeing sex acts or things on tv that they shouldn't see....etc. That environment would be perfect opportunity for abuse from a perp. moo

This is totally OT but I think the drug problems is the biggest problem society has to deal with at the moment. It really is the root of all evil, more than sex and money. And it seems to be the worst I can ever remember it (I am 46). These new manufactured chemical drugs.

I have known for years from being on here and watching tv documentaries how badly affected america has been by meth and prescription drugs and now ice and bath salts. The prescription drugs seem to be the worst. It really is destroying society at all levels.

Here in Australia we tend to follow your trends, it used to be years behind but now it seems to be alot quicker. I virtually am a soccer mom (mum) these days so wouldnt have a clue what was going on. My girlfriend recently lost her husband to a heart attack at 52, so she has had to get back out in the "real" world and as he had been a bullrider and they live on a cattle station she knows alot of the cowboy/country scene. She was telling me how shocked she was at the amount of people in that scene on ice. I live in a town of 200 000 people and it seems like every second day a chemist has been broken into for the drugs to make ice and for prescription drugs.

Last Sunday on Sixty Minutes (Oz version) they did a section on how rampant xanax addiction is in this country, I didnt know. But I remember just before Oprah wrapped up, she did a show of prescription drug addiction in the US and it was scary........looks like we are the same.......very very scary for our future society.

This alas, is why I can beleive those comments.

and FABVAB I totally agree with your last comment..............that is exactly what is happening. Add also what people will do to get those drugs as well, especially when the abuser/perpertrator has them

Oh I do agree drugs are the key to so many crimes...but not all drug addicts are prone to molesting children or relatives...that was my point.

But drug abuse certainly can promote an environment for abuse to happen...ie...children not being monitored...parent strung out on drug/unaware...strangers in the home...children seeing sex acts or things on tv that they shouldn't see....etc. That environment would be perfect opportunity for abuse from a perp. moo

I agree. And, all of these people that are making allegations about people knowing all about this for years, clearly also knew that it was going on. There were obviously rumors being repeated about some of these people prior to BW's disappearance. Why didn't someone contact law enforcement or children's services? If I even suspected child abuse of any kind, I would be picking up the phone and calling. And, if I knew the mother of a young child had a drug problem and contact with child predators, I would be calling children's services. Am I crazy?

Oh I do agree drugs are the key to so many crimes...but not all drug addicts are prone to molesting children or relatives...that was my point.

Totally agree.

Uncle Donnie definitely was a perverted creep before drugs.......in fact I'd say this is a cycle. However I think Uncle Donnie was where the drugs came from.....and it was his "lollies" you may say to some of his victims.......not the kids tho....no these guys are perverted.

I agree. And, all of these people that are making allegations about people knowing all about this for years, clearly also knew that it was going on. There were obviously rumors being repeated about some of these people prior to BW's disappearance. Why didn't someone contact law enforcement or children's services? If I even suspected child abuse of any kind, I would be picking up the phone and calling. And, if I knew the mother of a young child had a drug problem and contact with child predators, I would be calling children's services. Am I crazy?
No, you would be doing what should be done. If these people knew...then it should have been reported.

But for all we know it was reported. One of the comments was that abuse was covered up by an adult.

My opinion, children's services were already involved with the family. How did the abuse continue? It makes me ill.

I hate to even post this, but for the first time I have sat down and read all of BWs FB posts and comments for over a year timeframe. I can not imagine the life this poor girl was living. It is horrifying. She is 19 and OMG at the friends and family on her FB wall that did NOTHING when she was talking about all the fights she was in, "making $$$", sleeping at different guys houses, the language she was using, the drugs, the alcohol, the parties at cheap hotel rooms, and so on and so on. I know she is 19 and they cant control her, but if my family posted that stuff everyday (obviously she is calling out) I would atleast comment on every post and say how wrong it is. Some posts have friends talking about coming over to do drugs. There are aunts and uncles and parents on the strings of those posts that dont say anything. I would lose my mind if someone posted about coming over to get high on my childs FB for the world to see. I am so confused now. BWs actions and comments are obviously the words of a person that has grown up and something went wrong!! She is calling out for help with those actions and words. How could all of this been just brushed under the carpet by so many close to her?? I am not saying no one reached out to her, I am saying by not speaking out to her seeing what she is posting for the world to see....well that concerns me bad :(

I guess what I am trying to say is that things arent like they used to be when I was growing up. My parents had to try and guess and probe questions to know what was going on with me or me and my friends. Today the kids are posting it online for the world to see. No guessing needed. They are telling you what they are doing!!

I have read all the posts too and it makes me very sad. I'm not much older than BW and I cannot even imagine being surrounded by these people and situations. It really makes me pause and think about how differently my life would have turned out if I was. I think that is why I feel so motivated to help find her...this could have been me or someone I care about if different cards were dealt. By reading BW FB its clear that certain behavior and language was perceived as acceptable...and this is precisely what concerns me. What other actions/choices did she feel was ok and are not? I feel BW could have been a victim of one of the arrested men and her mom's new interview with Fox 10 shows this is a major possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc