AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just catching up, so this has been discussed I am sure. But the mom who was just arrested was 33 yrs old. And her son was 20 yrs old. ???? She was 13 when she had him?

Sounds like she was part of this generational family 'tradition' herself.

Donald Holland Jr is her step son :) She has 3 other children, and I think he has at least 2 maybe 3 from a previous relationship(s).

I believe Donald Paul Holland Jr is her step son.

Ok, thanks. The article linked a few pages upthread called him ' her son.'

ETA;
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/6th-arrest-in-baldwin-co-sex-crimes-case

Wednesday, August 22, the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office arrested 33-year-old Wendy Wood Holland for one count of endangering the welfare of a child.
The other arrests surrounding this investigation include:

Holland's son, 20-year-old Donald Holland Jr. on charges on incest, rape, and sex abuse

I am just catching up, so this has been discussed I am sure. But the mom who was just arrested was 33 yrs old. And her son was 20 yrs old. ???? She was 13 when she had him?

Her step-son was arrested.

I haven't been reading here too much recently. Very frustrating case and it kind of triggers my own childhood sexual abuse so I tend to take long breaks from it.

But what is the consensus, if there is one, about where Brittney went? Do people here think she ran off and is in hiding or that she was disposed of by these sick relatives?

I used to think she ran off but I guess that was wishful thinking on my part. She is my DD's age and I hate to think too much about what probably happened.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/sex-abuse_investigation_nets_f.html

Sex-abuse investigation nets fifth family member of missing teen Brittney Wood
Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 6:25 PM

"According to Sheriff’s Office spokesman Maj. Anthony Lowery, 33-year-old Wendy Wood Holland, of the Marlow community in south Baldwin County, was arrested Wednesday and charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, a class-A misdemeanor.
She was booked into the Baldwin County Correctional Facility, and bail was set at $1,000."

"Although Lowery said his department won’t comment on the ongoing investigation, he did confirm that Wendy Holland was identified as part of the "progression of the investigation" on Wednesday, then targeted, interviewed and arrested.
Her two grade-school-age children were turned over to the Department of Human Resources on Wednesday, he said."

Two.

3 - 1 = 2

So this means her daughter with Donnie wasn't living with her! So she was taken out of the home for obvious reasons but wth did they allow the boys to stay? Where is the daughter? Hope she's not with family. I mean it looked like DH JR's sister followed him out of court, or wasn't that his sister? I thought it resembled her. Either way, who is left in that family that could honestly provide a loving safe home for this young daughter that needs so much help right now? I can't wrap my head around why the boys were left...

I am so glad to see some sort of movement in Brittney's case!

Per Wendy's FB posts that child has not been with her for many months.

But why leave the boys?

If the state investigates those boys, and if it come up that they were abused as well, then the State would be liable for keeping them there after they removed the girl. That's fricken sick!

No, that's her stepson. He's Donald's son from a prior marriage.

Two.

3 - 1 = 2

So this means her daughter with Donnie wasn't living with her! So she was taken out of the home for obvious reasons but wth did they allow the boys to stay? Where is the daughter? Hope she's not with family. I mean it looked like DH JR's sister followed him out of court, or wasn't that his sister? I thought it resembled her. Either way, who is left in that family that could honestly provide a loving safe home for this young daughter that needs so much help right now? I can't wrap my head around why the boys were left...

DH Jr has a few sisters/half sisters.

I haven't been reading here too much recently. Very frustrating case and it kind of triggers my own childhood sexual abuse so I tend to take long breaks from it.

But what is the consensus, if there is one, about where Brittney went? Do people here think she ran off and is in hiding or that she was disposed of by these sick relatives?

I used to think she ran off but I guess that was wishful thinking on my part. She is my DD's age and I hate to think too much about what probably happened.

Some of us think she's deceased but others think she ran. I still think she was murdered but I'm very much hoping I'm wrong. AstroKitty has brought so much insight to this thread regarding drug users, the effects of oxys & pain killers on a person, prices, how one survives with no $, etc. It's made me rethink the possibilities. Statistically, we're used to seeing bad endings, so my opinion is emotional & I think she's dead. Hoping beyond all hope that she's still alive, though...

Donald Holland Jr is her step son :) She has 3 other children, and I think he has at least 2 maybe 3 from a previous relationship(s).

I thought he had 6 children but then I found a distant family blog of sorts that informs he has 7 children.

But why leave the boys?

If the state investigates those boys, and if it come up that they were abused as well, then the State would be liable for keeping them there after they removed the girl. That's fricken sick!

And THIS is of the biggest reasons I've been so pizzed off for almost three months!

IMO - even if they were not abused they had to have been in a very unhealthy environment at a minimum bordering on abuse.

Wendy's daughter is safe & in a good, stable & supportive environment.

And THIS is of the biggest reasons I've been so pizzed off for almost three months!

IMO - even if they were not abused they had to have been in a very unhealthy environment at a minimum bordering on abuse.

There is absolutely no good logic behind removing the girl but leaving the boys. None. In NJ it would be illegal. I'll try to find the statutes on this for AL. If sexual abuse happens in a home, all children from said home are supposed to be removed, even if there's a certain anatomical preference. If there's a child sexual predator whose preference is female but all females are taken out of the equation, the preference will change in order to fulfill the desire.

Did i miss something? Can you point me to where this info came from?

I'm sorry... I can't (or rather I won't) provide links for that info.

There are a few folks here who can vouch for my commitment & protective nature. At least I think they would... LOL! :seeya:

There is absolutely no good logic behind removing the girl but leaving the boys. None. In NJ it would be illegal. I'll try to find the statutes on this for AL. If sexual abuse happens in a home, all children from said home are supposed to be removed, even if there's a certain anatomical preference. If there's a child sexual predator whose preference is female but all females are taken out of the equation, the preference will change in order to fulfill the desire.

Just a thought but we might want to move this part of the discussion over to the other thread... although we have been chatting up a storm about here - those specifics you mentioned above might be best over there... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253