AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Trust me... it takes WAAAYYY more than teasing about my southern heritage to ruffle my feathers... I'm the first one in line to make all kinds of jokes about my lineage (that I do love)... Chatty could really roast me if she wanted to!

But to put your mind at ease "county", redneck, white tr@sh, southern belles & gentlemen do use "favored" but again it is primarily within local dialects & generational.

It wasn't too many years ago that we got us some of those fancy mechanical buggies and could travel more than 20 miles in a day. We didn't get to spread our contributions to the English language as rapidly or to as many locations like city folk. :floorlaugh:

Go ahead Chatty... I can hear you laughing at me from all the way over here. :D

I know y'all just got those fancy movin' pitcher shows, cuz I've seen a few of them since I've been down here in Alabamer....

I know y'all just got those fancy movin' pitcher shows, cuz I've seen a few of them since I've been down here in Alabamer....

We have those fancy sitting indoor pitcher shows, but the drive-ins were the best! :heartbeat:

I'm cracking up - 'bout to wet my britches!
BUT, I won't roast ya.
:floorlaugh:

britches and switches! oh so southern... :curtsey:

For the record - yes, I do own a working farm but I've lived in a big city & in it's suburbs for many years. :blushing: Great place to grow up as a kid but I soooo wasn't meant for life on a farm.

However, after reading posts on fb the last couple of days, I just don't know anymore. Maybe she is just on the run. But how???? Even if DH gave her a one way ticket outta dodge, it has to run out at some point. I pray for her protection wherever she is. :(

I hate to sound hopeless, but I did wonder if this storm would hide Brittney more or uncover her. I do not think she's alive, as much as I wish she were.

I was thinking about this earlier today... going back and revisiting all of the social media posts & tweets over the past few days it has made me think about other possibilities...

BUT what I cannot reconcile is why on earth:

1.) would the last known person to see her alive;

2.) drive 80 miles round trip to take her back across the bay;

3.) have cell phone activity while she did not during that drive; and

4.) in the middle of the dang night??

I mean I'm a total night owl but if my very own son who I adore more than anything asked me to drive 80 miles for him at 1:00am... unless he needed to go to the hospital - I'd tell him to he was :nuts: !

ETA: I just asked my son what I would say if he asked me to drive him to our lake house at 1am... Without missing a beat - he said, "Oh heeeellll naaahhh!" We both laughed and I said, "Yep, you are correct, just checking."

Are we sure Donnie and Brittney were on his motorcycle that night? What's the source of that info? TIA!!

Are we sure Donnie and Brittney were on his motorcycle that night? What's the source of that info? TIA!!

I have no idea where that info came from. I wasn't even sure he actually OWNED that motorcycle from that one photo.

I was pretty sure they were in an SUV but clearly that motorcycle info came from somewhere sooo... if anyone has it then please share!

Although - I don't think he'd be talking on the phone while he was driving a really loud hog... right? Anyone?

I have no idea where that info came from. I wasn't even sure he actually OWNED that motorcycle from that one photo.

I was pretty sure they were in an SUV but clearly that motorcycle info came from somewhere sooo... if anyone has it then please share!

Although - I don't think he'd be talking on the phone while he was driving a really loud hog... right? Anyone?

He might use the phone at a stop light. Or while he was picking up Brittney, or any stops they may have made along the way. No one knows if they took a direct route or made some stops along the way.

I was just thinking that we really don't know if Brittney went there alone or if a friend tagged along. If they were on a motorcycle, obviously it would be just Donnie and Brittney. Unless Donnie had a biker friend along.

Maybe Brittney (and possibly a friend) went to Donnie's and then they were picked up by someone else. We really don't know what took place.

Just thinking about the logistics.

Regarding the motorcycle...
The only thing I can add is that Alabama has a Helmet Law. So either BW had her own and left the house carrying a big honkin helmet, or she borrowed one from the friend (not sure if she went to the friends house before DH picked her up), or DH had an extra one strapped to the back of his bike.

that's all I got!!!

True, true, true... He could have picked her up on the bike BUT...

I'm pretty sure given his phone activity driving from Styx back across the bay to tillmans & then back to Styx... then logically he wld have been in a car or the suv...

We know she went to Styx we just don't know what happened, where she went or how she got there after 12:07am.

So hypothetically lets say she left Styx with someone else then WTH was he doing driving 80 miles round trip at that time of night?

True, true, true... He could have picked her up on the bike BUT...

I'm pretty sure given his phone activity driving from Styx back across the bay to till and & then back to Styx... then logically he wld have been in a car or the suv...

We know she went to Styx we just don't know what happened, where she went or how she got there after 12:07am.

So hypothetically lets say she left Styx with someone else then WTH was he doing driving 80 miles round trip at that time of night?

:waitasec: ??? Maybe he was taking somebody else home ???

Is there a way on this site to make the organizing of this case easier to follow and keep the information fresh and updated?
A permanent place to put lists ex…players, media links, timelines, facts vs rumors, that won't get lost in the three threads. Having to go back to search and search, copy-paste then try to decipher the next several pages of questions regarding the info in the post against what we have discussed before but can't remember when it happened, where it was or who said it!!! (...see it's very confusing!)

I think there are some main points that could use some organized structure and clarification (fact/rumor) (source)
ex. BW leaving home, what info do we have...
-These are the things that MSM has stated:
-These are things that verified sleuthers have stated:
-These are the things that are believed to be rumors, and by whom:

I'm sure someone here is great at organizing and simplifying that can help get this case clearer for us trying really hard to assist in finding BW.

JTIOT&MOO

Heading to the PL to discuss drug slang / terminology.

Do we even know he was taking Brittney anywhere at 1 a.m. I mean is it possible he turned her phone off so it wouldn't be tracked then drove it out to Grand Bay to discard of the phone in a creepy place that would divert attention from him. He could then turn it back on to establish the phone was in Grand Bay and then high tailed it. Am I giving Donnie too much credit there?

To my knowledge, DH did not own a motorcycle. He had one vehicle, the SUV. There were photos of him on a motorcycle on fb, but it either wasn't his or he no longer owned it. I've never heard from a credible source that he picked her up on a motorcycle.

To my knowledge, DH did not own a motorcycle. He had one vehicle, the SUV. There were photos of him on a motorcycle on fb, but it either wasn't his or he no longer owned it. I've never heard from a credible source that he picked her up on a motorcycle.

Thanks Zeaux. I'll do some backtracking to see where the motorcycle story started. Meanwhile, I'm so curious who else might have caught a ride to the river with Donnie that evening. Brittney's practically running out the door to meet him, at first it was said she was barefoot. Seems she was in a hurry?
She grabs a tote bag with a change of clothes, her phone and her gun.

Later that night: Her gun and clothes stay at the river. Her phone travels to Grand Bay. Did she leave willingly?

What time did Donnie pick her up, and what time did they arrive at the river? Did they make stops on the way?

It takes a big chunk of gas money to make an 80 mile trip twice in one day.

Thanks Zeaux. I'll do some backtracking to see where the motorcycle story started. Meanwhile, I'm so curious who else might have caught a ride to the river with Donnie that evening. Brittney's practically running out the door to meet him, at first it was said she was barefoot. Seems she was in a hurry?
She grabs a tote bag with a change of clothes, her phone and her gun.

Later that night: Her gun and clothes stay at the river. Her phone travels to Grand Bay
. Did she leave willingly?

What time did Donnie pick her up, and what time did they arrive at the river? Did they make stops on the way?

It takes a big chunk of gas money to make an 80 mile trip twice in one day.
BBM

I believe she wasn't reported to be barefoot, but it was confused by the fact that she left on foot. I don't believe she left in a hurry. I believe she planned to leave, but not necessarily for a significant length of time. Keep in mind she was living a sort of transient life, staying with different friends and family but not really living anywhere. It wasn't unusual for her to pick up and go to someone else's house.

The clothes found weren't necessarily the clothes she packed in her tote bag. It's believed they were different clothes.

Just to clarify, when I say I don't believe, I'm saying I'm aware of details I'm not able to share regarding those events.

Ya'll were up last night past my bedtime!! LOL
I must admit, I think I'm the one that may have started the "left barefoot" story. I could just bet my bottom dollar that when this story first came out on WKRG it was reported BW left her mother's house barefoot. I was sitting on the couch with DH watching the evening news when the story of BW missing came on. I could just swear the reported said "barefoot" cause I remember looking at DH and thinking.. "WTH,, here goes Alabama in the news again and somebody leaves barefooted, as if we don't look redneck enough"... now this is just what I recall and MOO.
Since it came up again couple weeks ago and someone pointed out to me that I may have misunderstood the report, she left "on foot", I went back through the initial reports and sure enough, can't find report of "left barefoot" anywhere!!!!!!
Now, some may ask.. what does it matter if she left "barefoot" or just "on foot".. Well, to me, it means more about her intentions when she left.
Please excuse my obsession about the feet, shoes, or lack of shoes. It's just what I remember and it all caught my attention,, therefore leading me to WS.
Also please excuse my run-on sentences, I'm sitting here barefoot... for the record.
I think I'm going nuts!!!
MOO MOO MOO

Well crap!!! I was not watching the news with DH.... I was watching it with Dear Husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Ya'll were up last night past my bedtime!! LOL
I must admit, I think I'm the one that may have started the "left barefoot" story. I could just bet my bottom dollar that when this story first came out on WKRG it was reported BW left her mother's house barefoot. I was sitting on the couch with DH watching the evening news when the story of BW missing came on. I could just swear the reported said "barefoot" cause I remember looking at DH and thinking.. "WTH,, here goes Alabama in the news again and somebody leaves barefooted, as if we don't look redneck enough"... now this is just what I recall and MOO.
Since it came up again couple weeks ago and someone pointed out to me that I may have misunderstood the report, she left "on foot", I went back through the initial reports and sure enough, can't find report of "left barefoot" anywhere!!!!!!
Now, some may ask.. what does it matter if she left "barefoot" or just "on foot".. Well, to me, it means more about her intentions when she left.
Please excuse my obsession about the feet, shoes, or lack of shoes. It's just what I remember and it all caught my attention,, therefore leading me to WS.
Also please excuse my run-on sentences, I'm sitting here barefoot... for the record.
I think I'm going nuts!!!
MOO MOO MOO

Well crap!!! I was not watching the news with DH.... I was watching it with Dear Husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Simp, you're making me laugh! You're not nuts--there were initial reports that said she left barefoot (your reaction to it is priceless!), however, I believe the reporter(s) were confused. Alabama certainly doesn't need any help sounding redneck!

And I agree, if she had in fact left barefoot, it would certainly put a more temporary spin on her intentions. :cow:

Thanks Zeaux for confirming there were initial reports of the barefoot thing....
If I were gonna pack up my "tote bag" and meet my uncle for a ride outta town, I'd put on my best pair of flip flops for the journey.
There was mention of some clothes being found.... where were these clothes found? I may have read that somewhere, but it seems to have slipped from my memory. Or is that not common knowledge? If you can't answer that, I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass