AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF she'd been through this before (the pains of testifying at trial), maybe, just maybe, she did run off to avoid it again. Maybe DH told her the "you know what" was about the hit the fan and Brittney wanted nothing to do with being dragged through the Courts. You've seen how Dustin's lawyer is already attacking the character of the victim the other day. I wouldn't blame Brittney for wanting no part of it, especially if she had been through it once before and it wasn't a good experience. If that's the case though, I do hope she finds the courage to return. Her testimony could go a long way to putting these sick people behind bars for a long long time.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. She had no one to turn to with Donnie gone. I cant even name one person she had. Id like to believe she could have confided in her dad, and her stepmom. But maybe she just couldnt. Her protector was in jail. Her baby girl was safe.

Im hoping that her testimony is not needed. There are at least two victims we know of and apparently there are more. I dont understand why they let DK bail again and I think he was running. I would hope who ever was helping him is finished now as well.

Wasnt WWH suppose to be in court last Thursday? No updates on the rest of these creepophiles?

Unless they're still reporting it wrong or I'm getting my initials all mixed up, I don't think it would be MWK. MSM said it was the SISTER of the defendant's wife. MWK IS the defendant's wife so it would have to be one of her sisters.

LOL.. Thanks Reedus. My brain is scrambled and I need to go to bed!

I appreciate that MSM is reporting, but geez.. is it too much to ask that they get the person correct that the hero confided in? I bet the tide did roll when DK's sister read the original article. I had to read it three times because my brain automatically went to the Wood sisters and I couldnt comprehend that it was another female relative that appeared to let the hero down again. Im guessing it was MWK. WHEN would matter a great deal. I too would like some follow up questions. UGH.

Occasionally I think of WWH's bestie and all those pics and I wonder if her bestie is still around. They certainly looked to be very involved in each others lives for a very long time. She appeared to adore DH.

I think he was the life of the party. The funny guy. The favorite uncle. The perfect hubby (for WWH anyway).

Its hard to comprehend the relationship between abuser and the abused. Hard to comprehend that there is love. These creeps groomed these children all their lives. I have no doubt that Brittney was close to her favorite Uncle Donnie. He probably made her feel important, special, and had her back. I dont see him harming Brittney, leaving no evidence of it, then hiding her body, again leaving no evidence and offing himself.

I think he made alot of money off these kids, whether with drugs, or filming them. We have no idea how much money he may have had stashed. I doubt WWH even knows. He seemed to be everyones boss. I think in his own sick mind he loved Brittney. And I think he gave her a substantial amount of money, possibly new ID (he knew what was coming for some time) and took her to the truck stop where she caught a ride away from all this horror. Can you imagine having to go through this again? Testifying again?

I dont feel like shes dead. I think she ran. I think she is fully capable of surviving out in the world, after all she has survived in her short life, its probably a piece of cake. Compared to what she left behind.. how bad could it be?

I do not believe Donnie loved, cared for, and protected Brittney more than he would his own daughter. And, we know how that turned out.

From the beginning I've felt like Brittney was no longer with us, and that feeling has not changed. I believe she was killed, and disposed of by at least 2 of the pervs, possibily 3 of them. I don't think Donnie planned on shooting himself, but did so out of guilt and remorse. He (and others) had at least 48 hours after Brittney was last seen to do what they needed to do before Donnie shot himself.
He knew what was fixing to hit the fan.

Notice the correction:

*Updated at 11:11 a.m. on Oct. 25 to correct the person that Congleton said the victim told of the abuse.
During cross-examination, Congleton testified that the victim confided in the sister of the defendant’s wife* but no one else. Beck asked about other accusations that the girl made against other family members, but Hardesty ruled that such questions were improper under Alabama’s rape shield law.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/testimony_mobile_man_raped_dau.html

That's interesting! So, either WWH, SW or CW. It had to be WWH based on her arrest.

HOW can anyone remain with their husband when you know that he watched, and facilitated the meeting of, his own daughter being raped by his bil? Am I to believe that after the child told WWH about the rape, that she didn't inform her twin sister?

Is MWK still with her husband?

Put them all in jail! This is just a disgusting disgusting thing. GROSS!!

I remember after DH died, two of his children (a girl over 18 and DHjr) spoke out. I don't ever remember hearing anything from his other daughter (not meaning the 3 children with WWH). I suppose she might have felt relief - a little bit, anyway.

I appreciate that MSM is reporting, but geez.. is it too much to ask that they get the person correct that the hero confided in? I bet the tide did roll when DK's sister read the original article. I had to read it three times because my brain automatically went to the Wood sisters and I couldnt comprehend that it was another female relative that appeared to let the hero down again. Im guessing it was MWK. WHEN would matter a great deal. I too would like some follow up questions. UGH.

Occasionally I think of WWH's bestie and all those pics and I wonder if her bestie is still around. They certainly looked to be very involved in each others lives for a very long time. She appeared to adore DH.

I think he was the life of the party. The funny guy. The favorite uncle. The perfect hubby (for WWH anyway).

Its hard to comprehend the relationship between abuser and the abused. Hard to comprehend that there is love. These creeps groomed these children all their lives. I have no doubt that Brittney was close to her favorite Uncle Donnie. He probably made her feel important, special, and had her back. I dont see him harming Brittney, leaving no evidence of it, then hiding her body, again leaving no evidence and offing himself.

I think he made alot of money off these kids, whether with drugs, or filming them. We have no idea how much money he may have had stashed. I doubt WWH even knows. He seemed to be everyones boss. I think in his own sick mind he loved Brittney. And I think he gave her a substantial amount of money, possibly new ID (he knew what was coming for some time) and took her to the truck stop where she caught a ride away from all this horror. Can you imagine having to go through this again? Testifying again?

I dont feel like shes dead. I think she ran. I think she is fully capable of surviving out in the world, after all she has survived in her short life, its probably a piece of cake. Compared to what she left behind.. how bad could it be?

An abused child is usually unattached from true feelings and that could very well be the reason she COULD leave her child (especially in a better place).

This post also got me wondering if DH asked brittney for her gun and that's why she took it on the trip to his place. He just may have been the one who got it for her (since I am with you w/ the fact that he is 'boss'). I can also see him giving her cash, but not too much. He just doesn't seem like the guy to give a few grand away, I could see a couple hundred, or sending her to somewhere that he knew of (like a friends). JMO

An abused child is usually unattached from true feelings and that could very well be the reason she COULD leave her child (especially in a better place).

This post also got me wondering if DH asked brittney for her gun and that's why she took it on the trip to his place. He just may have been the one who got it for her (since I am with you w/ the fact that he is 'boss'). I can also see him giving her cash, but not too much. He just doesn't seem like the guy to give a few grand away, I could see a couple hundred, or sending her to somewhere that he knew of (like a friends). JMO

According to an interview her mother did on Fox10Tv, Brittney took her pistol everywhere with her. Chessie said Brittney carried it for her protection. Zeaux (verified insider) confirmed that Brittney acquired her pistol thru a drug deal. Donnie was on disability, so it's unlikely he was able to give her much cash, if any.

According to an interview her mother did on Fox10Tv, Brittney took her pistol everywhere with her. Chessie said Brittney carried it for her protection. Zeaux (verified insider) confirmed that Brittney acquired her pistol thru a drug deal. Donnie was on disability, so it's unlikely he was able to give her much cash, if any.

THAT'S RIGHT!!! Thank you! Too much to remember sometimes :banghead:

He def. could have been making money on the side though. Most people on disability can't afford to live on it, unfortunately, so they do side jobs for cash, or as the previous poster mentioned---there's a lot of undercover money in child *advertiser censored* and prostitution.

And some people on disability get pain medication, lots of pain medication, that Medicare pays for.. with the script costing around $5. Then they sell these pills for $5 to $80 each, depending on the strength. So a script for 180 pills ($5) could easily rake in $900. Thats basing it on ONE script at the lowest miligram at the lowest price. Rule of thumb is $10 per miligram. Percocet 10's go for $10 each. A vast majority of these dealers make thousands off one script. From what I understand, his disability was back pain. THe most common ruse for getting pain medication and the hardest to prove.

When I say DH "loved" Brittney I certainly dont mean the way a normal person loves. I dont believe he put anyone above himself or his selfish desires. Nor do I believe he and his family members molested, raped and tortured these kids simply for their perverted sexual gratification. There was money made off them, whether thru *advertiser censored* or using them as mules to sell drugs.

Im anxious to see the details involved with what the others are charged with, like upstanding Uncle RSW.... DH and DK looked and acted like perverts. RSW paints a picture of a "nice" guy as a previous poster alluded to.. a military man, an activist for finding Brittney. There is more to this than sexual desires with children, IMO ALOT more.

What would be the motivation for killing Brittney? They would have to murder a whole lot of kids, and each other, to keep this quiet once the dam broke..

Silencing Brittney would not have been that effective in keeping their dirty secrets.

What would be the motivation for killing Brittney? They would have to murder a whole lot of kids, and each other, to keep this quiet once the dam broke..

Silencing Brittney would not have been that effective in keeping their dirty secrets.

You are right...LE has said there are several victims. I respect your opinion and insight. I wish I could be more positive about the possibility that Brittney might be alive, well, and hiding somewhere.

Like you, I do not believe the rape, incest, and sodomy was simply for their sick fantasies or pleasure. However, I can still think of possible motives for killing her. Drug related accident could be one. Jealousy another. Power, control, silence - to instill fear in other victims, revenge, punishment, and desperation.

We don't know what Brittney knew.

I don't think she ran away, or was sent away. Even if she had, I think she would have returned when her favorite uncle lay dying in the hospital.
Surely she would have contacted someone by now. I would love to believe that Brittney is alive and safe somewhere - but, I don't. :moo:

snapnpod, that is what's making me crazy! Why kill Brittney?

Could she be hiding out somewhere? I believe she could be. Who's actively looking for her? Law enforcement was out looking for Derek and couldn't find him. If he had not turned himself in, would he still be hiding out with friends/family?

I agree Tidbit. I dont think anyone is actively looking for her. They all seem to be hiding in their own fear waiting for the bombs to drop. I dont think Derek would have been found if he hadnt turned himself in, and LE was lucky in catching DK before he also ran. I think they tried harder to catch him because there has to be some point that the public would cause an uprising over his freedom.

Chatty, I also appreciate all the points you made. I just dont think DH had the motive, unless it was an accident and this helped make his decision to kill himself.

But Im still going with DH telling Brittney what was about to happen, she gave him her gun, he gave her money and dropped her off at the truck stop.

Also, another point Id like to make as to DH's financial status... I dont know ANY family that lives off one persons disability check that can afford lavish oceanside vacations, feasting on shrimp and crab legs. Not one.

I agree Tidbit. I dont think anyone is actively looking for her. They all seem to be hiding in their own fear waiting for the bombs to drop. I dont think Derek would have been found if he hadnt turned himself in, and LE was lucky in catching DK before he also ran. I think they tried harder to catch him because there has to be some point that the public would cause an uprising over his freedom.

Chatty, I also appreciate all the points you made. I just dont think DH had the motive, unless it was an accident and this helped make his decision to kill himself.

But Im still going with DH telling Brittney what was about to happen, she gave him her gun, he gave her money and dropped her off at the truck stop.

Also, another point Id like to make as to DH's financial status... I dont know ANY family that lives off one persons disability check that can afford lavish oceanside vacations, feasting on shrimp and crab legs. Not one.

I'm pretty certain Brittney knew what was fixing to go down. Family members were aware of the investigation into Donnie, and had known for at least 4 months.

I agree. LE is not actively looking for Brittney - they never have been active in looking for her. IMO, they would not have searched for Derek had they not received tips that he had been seen in the area. I don't think they considered him 'armed n dangerous' - and they thought he would eventually slip up and get caught.
As for Dustin, I think he was in an area he wasn't supposed to be in, or not where he was supposed to be at a certain time, and that is the reason for the monitor alerts. I don't think he has the guts to run away from his family support system.

With regard to the oceanside vacations, I'm certain those were free of charge - the condo is owned by Wendy's best friend forever.

There is no public outcry about any of this that I'm aware of.

I agree too, Chatty makes great points. I just go back and forth. If Brittney is no longer here on earth, I cannot wrap my head around just how plotted and sinister all of this is. Really, could it be any worse? With this case, who knows?

Of course the condo was free.. and silly me.. Im sure they qualified for an EBT card to get crab legs!

Well said as usual Chatty.. Im climbing back on the fence.

Like Tidbit said.. Who knows?

Ummmm.Wait. Id bet at least one twin knows.

Respectfully snipped and Bolded by me.

This is a good point- IF Brittney is alive out there hitchiking, asking truckers or strangers to buy her meals, etc. my guess is that her life in hiding (IF she is alive) is probably a heck of a lot easier than her life at home and she can survive in her new life pretty well compared to all she's already survived.

I do not think the odds are good that Brittney is still with us, but that part of sadnpod's post gives me hope if she is still alive and has disappeared on her own.

I am just worried that if Brittney is no longer with us, some of the people charged in these sex crimes know what happened to her or perhaps were involved in what happened to her - this would mean they're not child rapists alone- they're also murderers and people who would cover up murder and for everyone's safety need to be put for away lot longer than the years they face for the sex crimes alone.

Respectfully snipped and Bolded by me.

This is a good point- IF Brittney is alive out there hitchiking, asking truckers or strangers to buy her meals, etc. my guess is that her life in hiding (IF she is alive) is probably a heck of a lot easier than her life at home and she can survive in her new life pretty well compared to all she's already survived.

I do not think the odds are good that Brittney is still with us, but that part of sadnpod's post gives me hope if she is still alive and has disappeared on her own.

I am just worried that if Brittney is no longer with us, some of the people charged in these sex crimes know what happened to her or perhaps were involved in what happened to her - this would mean they're not child rapists alone- they're also murderers and people who would cover up murder and for everyone's safety need to be put for a lot longer than the years they face for the sex crimes alone.

BBM Personally, I believe if a person is capable of rape, sodomy , and incest against a child, they are capable of anything - and that includes killing someone.

Even though i have been very vocal about her being in some sort of victim-witness relocation program- and am now very much on the fence- and leaning towards very worried for Brittney.

I do think there are many reasons why " they" would be motivated to keep BW silent ( by any means necessary). By all reports their dirty secrets were already well exposed and documented and charges were already going forward. Who were those victims/witnesses then? Before she disappeared?

By paying her to run away, or become "disappeared " hoping the rest of the family would keep silent too ( or else?) isn't that the threat often to victims by abusers? We will hurt you and your family if you tell anyone?
I know it didn't work because of the brave minor now 17 who was then 13 when abused. She came forward- or was brought in by LE. only when the leader was dead JMOO

I wonder who is the heir to DH sr's power now officially :jail:

Bumping for Brit..

and off topic..

But, is it just me? Or are there a boatload of new missing persons cases?

I remember Chessie saying Brittney carried the gun for her protection. The only problem is...Chessie isn't always truthful or forthcoming (in my opinion)...so I am not sure why she carried that gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member