AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

You have got to be kidding me?!?!?! Since when is just going in and saying it's faulty enough?!?!?! I would like to think they brought forth some sort of evidence that the thing in fact is faulty otherwise how in the hell can you buy that from someone who has MULTIPLE charges in MULTIPLE jurisdictions. So the thing has worked every other night but on this one night it was faulty? Sorry don't buy it and it's disgusting that the Judge would.

Detective Doug Scarborough, who runs the electronic monitoring program, testified that GPS equipment indicated that Kent left his house and went into the street or a neighbor’s property on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week.

Beck said his client’s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html#incart_river_default

Like some of you have already said, the longer this goes on the more disgusted I become. It's very hard for me to think about Brittney STILL being "missing." Her relatives make me sick. Absolutely sick. My heart breaks for her child.

It's simple. Test the damn thing. Either it's faulty and you let his current terms of probation continue. Or it's not faulty, his wife is full of you know what and the neighbor doesn't have a clue (because he was peeping through their windows or something) and you revoke his bond and put him in jail. Simple. Test it.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
DUH..... why didn't I think of that??? Better yet, why didn't the JUDGE think of that??

Ridiculous! What is it going to take before this judge realizes he is a danger to his community...murder? He should have never been out on bail.

Kent could face a life prison sentence if convicted of first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy.

I hope he serves every day of the rest of his life in jail. He took this child's innocence away from her...while her so-called daddy watched. :banghead:

How...why...is Mendy doing everything in her power to keep him OUT of jail? I'm sorry, I'd kick my husband to the curb if he raped a child.

It's been a long time since I've posted on one of Brittney's threads, but I think about her all the time.

It is so hard to imagine her escaping her life alive, but I really wish it were true.

I've tried to think of hundreds of ways for her to get away. If she simply walked away I'd imagine she could hitch a ride and start anew somewhere, but where?

I even try to contemplate unlikely theories, like DH convincing LE to get her into some sort of witness protection program before his meeting with them. Maybe she had given testimony but his regarding her drug involvement would get her arrested and he wanted her to have the opportunity for a clean break?

I really don't know what to think. This family is all kinds of disturbing and as long as Brittneys baby is safe, she may feel like she is better off away from them.

If he used Britney's gun to kill himself two days after she went missing, it doesn't look good for her at all. Think about it - he had possession of her gun. When and how did he get it?

Hello All! I meant to post the following in this thread and accidentally posted it on the other thread about this case in the "Crimes against children" forum. I meant to share it here as I feel more people read Brittney's thread. So I hope it is ok for me to copy and paste my post from there. I really just want to share how this is making me feel with people who are just as frustrated and angry. :

I don't understand how DK is getting all these breaks when the crimes he committed are so monstrous and horrific. He deserves to be behind bars and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he runs into someone who feels they have to take the law into their own hands cause the law won't do their job. The poor victims he violated so terribly must feel that they are not even worth it. They must feel that they don't matter much if this sick freak is allowed to hurt them so badly and ruin their lives and only be given a slap on the wrist. Not only did the family look the other way and refuse to protect them, but now the law seems to be doing the same thing. I wonder how that makes the victims feel?

They should have to serve mandatory time, NO BAIL, when they have destroyed a victim's life, because that victim's life IS worth it and destroying that victim's life is unacceptable. But seeing as how he is out on bond, they are not sending a very strong message that it is unacceptable to destroy innocent lives.

ETA: I am aware that slaps on the wrist are all too common with sex offenders.

Hello All! I meant to post the following in this thread and accidentally posted it on the other thread about this case in the "Crimes against children" forum. I meant to share it here as I feel more people read Brittney's thread. So I hope it is ok for me to copy and paste my post from there. I really just want to share how this is making me feel with people who are just as frustrated and angry. :

I don't understand how DK is getting all these breaks when the crimes he committed are so monstrous and horrific. He deserves to be behind bars and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he runs into someone who feels they have to take the law into their own hands cause the law won't do their job. The poor victims he violated so terribly must feel that they are not even worth it. They must feel that they don't matter much if this sick freak is allowed to hurt them so badly and ruin their lives and only be given a slap on the wrist. Not only did the family look the other way and refuse to protect them, but now the law seems to be doing the same thing. I wonder how that makes the victims feel?

They should have to serve mandatory time, NO BAIL, when they have destroyed a victim's life, because that victim's life IS worth it and destroying that victim's life is unacceptable. But seeing as how he is out on bond, they are not sending a very strong message that it is unacceptable to destroy innocent lives.

ETA: I am aware that slaps on the wrist are all too common with sex offenders.

That's the bad thing about LE here in Baldwin County, It's all who you know and how much money is involved. Sad really because the only person in that family that has access to any substantial amount of money is the one person that given her place in society should not be helping a predator and I pray to God that she is not!

If he used Britney's gun to kill himself two days after she went missing, it doesn't look good for her at all. Think about it - he had possession of her gun. When and how did he get it?

That's a good question! If Brittney felt the need to carry a gun for her protection around home, I do not believe she would have ever left to start a new life (so-to-speak) elsewhere without it.

I think DH did something to her and that is why he killed himself. I don't believe he killed himself over the molestation charges. As sick as it is, with no priors, he could have received a light sentence for charges of molestation.

I also believe WWH (and whoever was with her when he was found) knows A LOT more than they are letting on. :moo:

HOW the HELL did that Judge LET HIM OUT AGAIN????????????

Its also possible DH used Brittneys gun, to make it appear he may have harmed her. She could easily get another gun.

One knows that device was tested. LE would want it tested because if it is, in fact, faulty, they don't want to put him back out on the streets with it for fear he can abscond without them knowing it. So the device was checked. Where are those results?

I also understand innocent until proven guilty and thus, one of the reasons for allowing for bonds to be posted. But it is also within the Judge's power to change the terms of his release. I would have liked to have at the very least seen the Judge correct his earlier mistake that allows DK to be around kids IF they're family. The victims in this case are family and it makes no sense that he can't be around the neighbors kids but he can be around his family's kids. Either the kids are safe from him or not.

Bumping for Brittney.

I had started following her threads at the beginning, but then things got very busy at work and (not related to work) I started to have problems with my depression & anxiety again, so I took a break from WS...Thank god for those of you who did not take a break from working for Brittney! I just finished reading her threads and :what: I don't even have words to explain how I feel. I hope she is somewhere safe and far, far away from all the pain and perversion tonight.

I bet that judge wouldn't release this <unusual person> if the judge or any of his family members lived near the accused! :furious:

One knows that device was tested. LE would want it tested because if it is, in fact, faulty, they don't want to put him back out on the streets with it for fear he can abscond without them knowing it. So the device was checked. Where are those results?

I also understand innocent until proven guilty and thus, one of the reasons for allowing for bonds to be posted. But it is also within the Judge's power to change the terms of his release. I would have liked to have at the very least seen the Judge correct his earlier mistake that allows DK to be around kids IF they're family. The victims in this case are family and it makes no sense that he can't be around the neighbors kids but he can be around his family's kids. Either the kids are safe from him or not.

BBM: Me too!

My former BFnot-F is married to a guy that she met a couple months after him being released from prison. He served 8 years in prison, with 5 years of probation to follow, for 6 counts of L & L on HIS 6 children (he was married at that time). He was a preacher, btw, when he was busted. My friend was a single mom of a 2 year old little girl. They now have 3 other children together. We're no longer friends because I did some digging on her now-husband to prove to her he was lying to her about the charges. She got mad at me for not believing in him - not for the information that I gave her. :waitasec: I caught him in lies (what he told me and what she said he told her was different) so I called the Clerks Office to get a transcript of his trial. That's what made her mad. I was so worried about her little girl. I haven't talked to her in nearly 15 years and they've moved out of state.

But, the point of my story is that once released from prison, he was allowed contact with the 6 children that he went to prison for. Not to mention my friends children. :what:

Everyday I look to see if there's any word on Brittney. I've been taken on some crazy family detour that has brought such sadness for the children involved in these selfish, ignorant acts from family members. I still don't have a clue or know if Brittney is dead or alive. Will we ever know?

Sidenote and JMO - Sometimes I wonder if DH really committed suicide. He didn't seem like he'd be afraid of much. Was he really that afraid of the investigation that he'd do that?

Several people have stated that Brittney dropped out of school in 8th grade. I find this highly unlikely however as I was checking her "milkmall" MySpace page for whatever clues I could find (of course 99% of the page is on lockdown but under the blogs section in a post entitled "best friends" she references how her and two friends, initials R and C were suspended from school in October of 2008. That would make her age 16 at the time. I don't know if this has any point but just throwing it out there. She is still in my heart and prayers every night and I wish with all my heart that she is off the grid alive, safe, and fed.
Somewhat OT- living literally a block from the French Quarter I have met girls who have "disappeared" from abusive families and marriages and haven't seen or spoken to loved ones in years. Many of the lower end strip clubs/bars do not require ID or a SS card (I have metmobviouslynunderaged dancers and had it confirmed to me) and as the girls are paid in cash they do not need bank accounts. There are smaller motels (my best description would be boarding houses) for these girls that accept $200/300 a week for these girls and traveling dancers and migrant type Bourbon St workers to stay- no credit/background check, ID, or lease required. They are within walking distance to the clubs and usually owned by them. One of the sleaziest clubs even has bunk beds for the girls to stay and almost all strip clubs have shower/washing facilities. When I danced for a few months 8 years ago they also had even a sauna, tanning beds, a stylist, a lingerie shop for outfits, and a lounge upstairs!(but I danced at the highest end club where lap dances were $50 per song, which was unheard of then. But the club only hired THE best so men were willing to pay it) In the lower end clubs there are often a lot of sob stories- runaways, addicts, abuse, you name it. The girls and management often form a family-like bond- house moms (retired strippers who keep the girls in line/hold their hair when they puke) will bail the "house girls" (full time dancers) out of jail, the girls give each other a place to stay, share drugs.. Prostitution is also encouraged, though not directly (though the girls talkmfreely about it) I can't help but wonder if maybe Britt was given some cash and told to flee to a place such as these clubs. Will have to do some searching in the not-so-nice clubs this week. I'm sure it will make my bf even more grateful he has me to come home to LOL
The sad part is that these girls are often considered throwaways. Take Jaren Lockhart. She was working in a club like this (most of those run down clubs are run by the same owner and operate as brothels as much as actual clubs; "VIP rooms" are strongly encouraged w the dancer keeping only half) and living in a sleazy $50/night (or weekly rates) motel and her disappearance would've never raised an eyebrow if she hadn't been so gruesomely murdered. Girls I knew when I danced 8 years ago look 20 years older now, while I look better than ever bc of the differences in our lifestyles.
Despite the dangers however, if I was 20 and beautiful and had a limited amount of money, dancing/living on Bourbon in a place like that temporarily would be my pick. She can easily make enough to support herself and as we know she is an addict, she would appreciate that drugs of whatever your fancy is are readily available. Maybe that was DH's suggestion, instead of what we all pray he didn't do.
Still, I would rather Brittney be in a place like that than gone for good. At least she would have a chance to turn her life around when she is ready and would still be alive!

This is new information to me. Is DK disabled? It makes me wonder how much the selling and trading of prescription pain pills play a part in all of this.

Beck said his client&#8217;s wife was prepared to testify that her husband has muscular dystrophy and does not get up in the middle of the night. A woman who lives in a trailer home where the GPS device indicated that Kent went also would testify that he never was there, the attorney said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/10/judge_declines_to_revoke_bail.html#incart_river_default

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag