AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Mod bessie. I said it, too. I can't change it now either. Guess I never said it
before or I would have known about the rule. I got so carried away with all the alligators
and bugs. Humongous flying cockroaches! :what:

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this is allowed, tell me if it is not.

I have been reading through the threads and have not read everything but has LE checked into where Brittney's daughter's bio dad was the day her uncle died and Brittney disappeared? Brittney had previously had custody so it's likely her daughter was around her uncle. IMO If there was any doubt that something had possibly happened with Brittney's her daughter and Brittney's uncle, it would make sense that Brittney would lie to her mom about going to see him.

Just a thought.

I'm new to this so I'm not sure if this is allowed, tell me if it is not.

I have been reading through the threads and have not read everything but has LE checked into where Brittney's daughter's bio dad was the day her uncle died and Brittney disappeared? Brittney had previously had custody so it's likely her daughter was around her uncle. IMO If there was any doubt that something had possibly happened with Brittney's her daughter and Brittney's uncle, it would make sense that Brittney would lie to her mom about going to see him.

Just a thought.

If you're ever not sure, ask a mod, or click on the flag to report your post and a mod will assist. I am new-ish as well, not a vet ;) but as AH has been mentioned in the MSM I believe it is okay. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, PLEASE :)

Interesting theory though gosh I would hope and pray PH was not harmed and AH wasn't responsible. Poor little P does not need to lose both parents! I haven't seen anything referring to AH being any type of POI in the case. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I would assume LE would have covered that angle rather quickly: it is unfortunately too common for a parent to end up "disappeared" during custody disputes or children to end up kidnapped.

I hope LE has it covered but I have not heard this discussed before.

JMO, as always :)

If you're ever not sure, ask a mod, or click on the flag to report your post and a mod will assist. I am new-ish as well, not a vet ;) but as AH has been mentioned in the MSM I believe it is okay. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, PLEASE :)

Interesting theory though gosh I would hope and pray PH was not harmed and AH wasn't responsible. Poor little P does not need to lose both parents! I haven't seen anything referring to AH being any type of POI in the case. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I would assume LE would have covered that angle rather quickly: it is unfortunately too common for a parent to end up "disappeared" during custody disputes or children to end up kidnapped.

I hope LE has it covered but I have not heard this discussed before.

JMO, as always :)

I am hoping they checked into him and didn't get caught up in the suicide angle.

Thank you so much all you guys who are going out to physically search for Brittney. You are really wonderful.

I was just wondering - we have a SAR thread for Bob Harrod, and I know Oriah gives great advice, and WS has other SAR members too. Would it be a good idea to open a SAR thread for Brittney? Our SAR experts would be able to drop in and give good advice then; maybe work up some grids etc.

I know you are all local and are very aware of any dangers from the territory, but please make sure you are safe from any dangerous people, won't you? Nobody to search on their own or anything......I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted but I worry a lot.

Wish I could be there, at least to make sandwiches. I am sending you all my very best wishes and luck though. And thank you again. What an effort on Brittney's behalf. You are wonderful people.

I had to add this;
I'm in Europe, I don't know if this totally off geographically but....I had a young, female family member living alone in Louisanna right when hurricane Katrina struck. I think maybe it is not so far from Alabama, in US terms? Anyhow, you can imagine how we felt all those thousands of miles away for a while, not knowing what had happened.

Not only was she okay, but she told us about all the people who were looking after her, and all the people she was looking after (she took about ten people into her house). It was the opposite of what we were reading in the newspapers, and we were all amazed. I think that was the Cajun net in action? Anyhow, I don't know if it's the Cajun net here but what you guys are doing and the way you have worked for Brittney reminds me so much of that. Well done.

WHY the He!! would they lower his bond? This case is truly full of the most disgusting characters! Brittneys disturbing family members, LE's bulls***! investigation of her missing, Judges that can't seem to issue bonds that fit the crimes, then let these dangers to society bond out with monitors. Monitors that are then violated.

More time and your money spent for LE to look for them (who should be snug in jail) and yet no one looks for Brittney.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! SO sick of these sick perverts being let back into our world to hurt our children. So sick of seeing the powers that be deciding which of the missing are deemed worthy enough to find.

Thank you so much all you guys who are going out to physically search for Brittney. You are really wonderful.

I was just wondering - we have a SAR thread for Bob Harrod, and I know Oriah gives great advice, and WS has other SAR members too. Would it be a good idea to open a SAR thread for Brittney? Our SAR experts would be able to drop in and give good advice then; maybe work up some grids etc.

I know you are all local and are very aware of any dangers from the territory, but please make sure you are safe from any dangerous people, won't you? Nobody to search on their own or anything......I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted but I worry a lot.

Wish I could be there, at least to make sandwiches. I am sending you all my very best wishes and luck though. And thank you again. What an effort on Brittney's behalf. You are wonderful people.

I'm sorry but what is SAR? Also on a half related subject I haven't figured out what the scanner threads are either? I've read them but it almost seems like a chat?

TIA!!

SAR stands for Search and Rescue. Some amazing people, and their dogs, can be found there.

I may be wrong, but the scanner thread is where people post what they are hearing on ham radio, live. So if a big search or police operation is going on, the scanners are often the first to hear. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

SAR stands for Search and Rescue. Some amazing people, and their dogs, can be found there.

I may be wrong, but the scanner thread is where people post what they are hearing on ham radio, live. So if a big search or police operation is going on, the scanners are often the first to hear. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

You can also download and listen!

I had to add this;
I'm in Europe, I don't know if this totally off geographically but....I had a young, female family member living alone in Louisanna right when hurricane Katrina struck. I think maybe it is not so far from Alabama, in US terms? Anyhow, you can imagine how we felt all those thousands of miles away for a while, not knowing what had happened.

Not only was she okay, but she told us about all the people who were looking after her, and all the people she was looking after (she took about ten people into her house). It was the opposite of what we were reading in the newspapers, and we were all amazed. I think that was the Cajun net in action? Anyhow, I don't know if it's the Cajun net here but what you guys are doing and the way you have worked for Brittney reminds me so much of that. Well done.
this whole strip of coast from louisiana through alabama was hit by katrina. i was proud of how helpful most people were with each other ! thanks for sharing your thoughts !

You guys are famous in a little bit of England now, for what you did during that time. I WILL come and visit one day.

Eileen 730, thank you so much for the tip about downloading. Now I just have to figure out how to do it!

By the way, what's Brittney doing on page two? She and Bob belong on page one, I think....up we go.

Are there any updates on the 'Hunters lookout' campaign for Brittney?

I was wondering if this might help with Bob, but it would be good to get some feedback on how it's been received - or if many hunters in AL are aware of it. I was wondering if it could be targeted at hikers too, or is this not a hiking area?

Is it correct that klasskids have carried out more than 40 searches for Brittney, as per this article?

I'm shocked if so, because we don't seem to have heard about many of them on this thread?
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/01/vigil_planned_for_brittney_woo.html

40 seems a little high to me also. Another thing that makes me cringe is seeing in the article that CW has been working with KK. She might have once or twice but the main one that has been working with KK has been Britt's step mom. JMMO, CW is the main reason Britt has not been found:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk