AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not afraid of the gators either. I guess you kinda get used to sharing space with them. Now if I'm skiing in a lake or river I'm gonna be as nervous as a house cat in a rocking chair factory waiting for the boat to come back... If I land near the bank I'm gonna be REALLY nervous. Also walking up on a clutch isn't gonna go over well with mama but it isn't mating season yet. If it is nice out they might be out of the water more to sun themselves.

I'm cool with the *snakes & spiders too BUT I don't feel the same way about palmetto bugs. I'm not sharing any space with them... ever. They totally freak me out.

*except moccasins... they scare the beejezuz outta me. They are mean & will chase you.

I was thinking u guys are crazy to live anywhere near alligators, then I started thinking how I live with bark scorpions, and I'd take gators over scorpions anyday. At least u can see gators. Scorpions are so tiny andthey blend in with everything and u always know they could be ANYWHERE. like in bed with u. or on the ceiling waiting to fall on u. or in your clothes you're putting on. or on the wall when u reach around the corner to turn the light on. yep, definitely rather live with alligators than bark scorpions!

All of you who are brave enough to search, please be very careful and don't post here where you are going until after you go. Remember there are dangerous criminals involved in this case. I applaud you all and wish I could go with you. Please be safe!!!!!

I live where there are gators, palmetto bugs, spiders, snakes and every kind of biting insect you can think of... and none of them scare me. Only people scare me... I would sit next to any of these critters any day over sitting next to DK.

:wave: Brave people, I will wait here for you. I have no experience with alligators, or even bigger roaches, or whatever a palmetto bug is. Bark scorpions where? I'm okay with spiders, so PM me if you need help with them.

Really, it's a big deal if you do it. One thing I do know, you all have caring hearts.

Please, be safe out there! The last thing I would want is to read a thread over the disappearance of Websleuths' members! Can't you take someone experienced with you? Like a hunter?
Thank you for taking the initiative!

Please, be safe out there! The last thing I would want is to read a thread over the disappearance of Websleuths' members! Can't you take someone experienced with you? Like a hunter?
Thank you for taking the initiative!
Some of us probably ARE hunters! But if you mean a male hunter, down here you can throw a rock and hit one. I don't think we'll have any problems in that department! :)

I was thinking u guys are crazy to live anywhere near alligators, then I started thinking how I live with bark scorpions, and I'd take gators over scorpions anyday. At least u can see gators. Scorpions are so tiny andthey blend in with everything and u always know they could be ANYWHERE. like in bed with u. or on the ceiling waiting to fall on u. or in your clothes you're putting on. or on the wall when u reach around the corner to turn the light on. yep, definitely rather live with alligators than bark scorpions!
Bark scorpions? In my house? No thank you, I don't want any part of that! Thank God we don't have those here...I am paranoid enough already!

For those of you who will be searching - Please be careful and thank you for your dedication!

Just to chime in...I am petrified of ROACHES! I would pet an alligator over a roach any day.

Some of us probably ARE hunters! But if you mean a male hunter, down here you can throw a rock and hit one. I don't think we'll have any problems in that department! :)

I don't specially mean that it should be a male hunter, only experienced. If some of you are a hunter, it's good enough to put my mind at ease. Thanks again for doing this for Brittney!

What weekend? If it is after Mardi Gras and not Feb 26-28, I'll gladly take a ride out to Mobile and help.

Do you think that if one of you contacted KlaasKids, they would help you guys? Or give you search info that would aid you?
That's a great idea. I don't really know what they'd be willing to do. Chatty and I met them when they came out and searched the Styx River area...I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact them.

Do you think that if one of you contacted KlaasKids, they would help you guys? Or give you search info that would aid you?
We are definitely going to try to get KK and pray they will be available to help. We sure could use the sniffers of their pooches.

Hey guys, by now you should all be aware of the rule against requesting pm's in the threads. You're free to pm all you like. Just keep it to yourself.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it.
Something to consider:

While members are always free to contact each other to meet in person, via telephone, or in other ways, Websleuths will in no way be responsible for any actions or events arising from such contact. Websleuths staff does not read or otherwise monitor Private Messages and has no way to monitor private emails, telephone calls or other such communications. It is up to each individual member to decide if they desire such contact and the resultant loss of anonymity. Websleuths neither condemns nor condones such meetings and it is up to the individual members to decide if they wish to get together.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hey guys, by now you should all be aware of the rule against requesting pm's in the threads. You're free to pm all you like. Just keep it to yourself.

Something to consider:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I sincerely apologize. I should have known that rule and I did not. I wasn't trying to hide anything from anyone except the time, date and location of the search. That is the only reason I suggested PM'ing, to keep the searchers safe. It won't happen again. I am honestly just trying to get a search together and I should have paid more attention to the TOS. Thanks for the reminder!

It's all good. I know y'all have good intentions.

BTW, I'm not afraid of gators, either. The bayou where my grandparents lived when I was a kid was full of them. Didn't bother me a bit. The humongous flying cockroaches on the other hand scared the wits out of me. Still do. :yow:

It's all good. I know y'all have good intentions.

BTW, I'm not afraid of gators, either. The bayou where my grandparents lived when I was a kid was full of them. Didn't bother me a bit. The humongous flying cockroaches on the other hand scared the wits out of me. Still do. :yow:

Those flying roaches are the worst! About the time you go to smash them they fly off and come straight at you then your ninja skills come out! They give me the heebie jeebies!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member