AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I stumbled on this case this morning on the front page and read as much as I could in an hour over previous threads. Can someone tell me if I'm close to caught up ? What I see is the missing 19 yr old. At about the same time she disappears most of the males in her family, excluding her father, are arrested and charged with loads of disgusting sex crimes. So the thinking is that she may have been victim to one or more of these family members and they disappeared her OR she may have had knowledge of their crimes and they disappeared her to keep her quiet? Any indication that she might have been the reason they got arrested , like she called in a tip ? and they disappeared her for revenge? If that has been covered I'm sorry but it's a lot of info to absorb in one morning. Thanks in advance for someone just telling me I've got the gist of it enough to continue following.

There are so many cases here, sadly (before and since I found WS and joined for Autumn) and it seems I always find these cases very late! I never heard about this one, but saw the Missing FB page sent out a flyer recently, came here to search for the name and was completely taken aback that I never heard about this! One of the downfalls to joining this discussion late is that I missed a lot of things that were deleted, FB pages are gone or cleaned up. As "inadmissible" as most of it may have been, it does, at times, give much more insight to the case and it's harder to put things together sometimes. But it also gives me the opportunity to see all your theories and debates about what is important and what isn't, when it comes to this case. I have read everything within the past week, instead of since May, so things stand out a little more sometimes. You are all AMAZING btw! As a "baby" sleuther, I hope one day to be able to put things together so well!! I have had many theories noted throughout reading, and it's awesome to me that I would see them unfold with you all as well. I have often wondered, as in other cases here, if LE is holding their cards close because of all the other charges involved with this family. I definitely think there is a strong connection here with Britt disappearing and the fam. But it may hurt the sex ring case to make those things known. I don't think they know WHERE she is, but I have a feeling they know WHO was involved and WHY. The lack of searching is disturbing to me, as it is to most everyone here, but I have to wonder if it's because they know there was foul play, but they can't say what they know without compromising the rest of the cases. It infuriates me that these folks are out on bail, but again, it may be calculated. I do think more arrests will be made. And I do think they will be closer to home than lots of people think. Facts don't change. Stories do. And I believe that will be the downfall of everyone in this entire case. I have noticed that A LOT of statements released by LE, especially early on, were actually supposed witness testimony, which doesn't appear to be fact based at all. And most of what is released by MSM is complete poo, but it gives us all opportunity to discuss and theorize. I have no doubt, with this group, that waiting and watching will bring forth more actual evidence than arresting everyone at once. So in that respect, I do not think LE has dropped the ball at all.. I think they know exactly what kind of people they are dealing with.

All JMO!

Ok so I stumbled on this case this morning on the front page and read as much as I could in an hour over previous threads. Can someone tell me if I'm close to caught up ? What I see is the missing 19 yr old. At about the same time she disappears most of the males in her family, excluding her father, are arrested and charged with loads of disgusting sex crimes. So the thinking is that she may have been victim to one or more of these family members and they disappeared her OR she may have had knowledge of their crimes and they disappeared her to keep her quiet? Any indication that she might have been the reason they got arrested , like she called in a tip ? and they disappeared her for revenge? If that has been covered I'm sorry but it's a lot of info to absorb in one morning. Thanks in advance for someone just telling me I've got the gist of it enough to continue following.

You've got the general idea! There is LOTS of info here! It took me a week to read it all and get caught up. Most every possible theory has been mentioned at one time or another, but I think fresh eyes on all this are SO helpful. I just posted that sometimes it can be an advantage to read it all at once, rather than as it's happening. It helps to get an idea of the bigger picture.

Sorry but I don't see anything but snickering from WWH and DK. And crocodile tears from CW. I just don't buy it anymore.

When Chessie's image first flashed onto the screen, my brain immediately screeched, "METH!"

She's not in a good way.

When Chessie's image first flashed onto the screen, my brain immediately screeched, "METH!"

She's not in a good way.

I don't see meth, but I do see pills.. and that is only because I lived with a codeine addict for many years before I recognized it was even a problem.

I think the important thing to remember, is the person who she was last known to be with, was her uncle DH (who was facing serious sex crimes at the time). He committed suicide using Brittney's gun a day or so after her disappearance.

I don't see meth, but I do see pills.. and that is only because I lived with a codeine addict for many years before I recognized it was even a problem.

Yes, I thought it was probably both. Most people with substance abuse problems so bad that you can see it on them will do anything they can get their hands on. So I don't doubt that she does pills AND meth.

As harsh as I sound, I'm not being judgmental. I am making an observation. So many of my loved ones have substance abuse problems, and I would never make fun of them for it or treat them cruelly for having them. I felt terrible for Chessie when she choked up. I'm not sure how much she knows.

I agree with you. I wonder if they have given her a psychiatric evaluation. Her response to almost everything is totally off.

It's a child-like smile; a child-like looking laugh. I wondered if she had developmental problems of any sort from the first moment I saw her smiling in court during her first appearance.

I agree with you. I wonder if they have given her a psychiatric evaluation. Her response to almost everything is totally off.

Derek, though...what's up with Derek? How can this all possibly be funny to him?

It's a child-like smile; a child-like looking laugh. I wondered if she had developmental problems of any sort from the first moment I saw her smiling in court during her first appearance.

When I look at all of them, I get the feeling that illegal relationships have been in the family for at least a generation before this...if ya get my drift ;)

Billy Brownlee's bond has been reduced. :furious:

Attachments

• Brownlee.PNG
    Brownlee.PNG
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
Sorry but I don't see anything but snickering from WWH and DK. And crocodile tears from CW. I just don't buy it anymore.

Watching and listening to Chessie on the news video confirmed a few suspicions that have concerned me from the beginning. It's going to be very hard to keep up the public's interest for Brittney when her own mother seems so.. so... at variance; conflicted? with the reality of the situation.

It saddens me to think the only reason the public has any interest at all is the freak-show family that surrounds Brittney. :twocents:

Not all of her family, but the ones currently in the public's eye.

When I look at all of them, I get the feeling that illegal relationships have been in the family for at least a generation before this...if ya get my drift ;)

Agreed. And to whomever said it's "pills", that's been 100% my stance all along. It's easy to spot (it's all in the eyes and the tone of the flesh). Opiates are the obvious favorite IMO

I think the important thing to remember, is the person who she was last known to be with, was her uncle DH (who was facing serious sex crimes at the time). He committed suicide using Brittney's gun a day or so after her disappearance.

Yes, I caught that too, but didnt' realize it was just a day or two later. He would have been in jail with the rest on the sex crimes, correct?

And Randall Scott Wood goes quietly into the background yet again. I wonder if he's working out a deal in the background in exchange for testimony. Seen lots of the others but even on this occasion, not much.

Hello I'm new here but have been following this case over the months. May I ask... in the quote above it indicates that Donald Holland Sr was already facing serious sex crime charges before Brittney's disappearance. ??? I have not come across this discovery, nor could I find anything by searching. Do we know this to be true?

Please and thank you, a concerned mother from Idaho

Hello I'm new here but have been following this case over the months. May I ask... in the quote above it indicates that Donald Holland Sr was already facing serious sex crime charges before Brittney's disappearance. ??? I have not come across this discovery, nor could I find anything by searching. Do we know this to be true?

Please and thank you, a concerned mother from Idaho

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobile_county/klaaskids-searching-for-brittney-wood

Officials say Holland committed suicide on June 1, the same day they were to talk to him about a sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.

Thank you ChattyWoman, for the "welcome" and for the link. Certainly an oversight on my part. I suppose it also corroborates Chessie's alleged conversation with Brittney regarding sexual abuse before going to see her uncle, and that Brittney may have had prior knowledge of the investigation. And likewise... Donald Holland may have heard it thru the grapevine as well. This info may change the dynamic a bit. I originally thought she went there for drugs/money and he ended up probably raping her but definitely killing her. Did she go to warn him? Inform him? Bribe him? Threaten him? Kill him? This adds more possible scenarios. Especially if she felt her own daughter were being threatened.

Also... does anyone know if they've searched the area around the place where they (Donald, Wendy, and their children), drove back to sometime Friday morning? Wendy said they all drove back and she dropped Donald off at home, then the kids with someone else, then she alone went back home to find that Donald has shot himself. I think that's correct? Why not just everyone go straight home? Because they needed to dispose of a body? They needed to talk? They obviously needed to do something without kids. Certainly he had taken and transported Brittney's gun (proof that they made contact if she in fact carried it with her at all times), perhaps he or Wendy transported her body somewhere that's not within the normal search perimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech