AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone else out there with a tablet who can point me to part 2 of the video? I can't find it in the video gallery and the videos won't play for me from the news page about Brittney.

Part 1 was eye-opening. Just from that I'm finding it very hard to reconcile what LE first said about Brittney's disappearance and what they are saying now. It just seems a complete contradiction to me.

'Despite all the connections - the relatives, the messages, and Brittney's involvement - the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office maintained her disappearance and the sex crimes investigation were not connected....'

'...Sources told Fox10 it was impossible to investigate one case without looking at the other..'

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney#

I just don't see how Brittney could have been LE's 'golden nugget' and yet when she disappears off the face of the earth in the company of their prime suspect, they think it's not connected?

So are they saying it is connected now, or not?

I heard the ages of some victims mentioned as three and seven? Did I hear right?

Zwiebal- the detective said that the abuse started on at least one victim aged three, and then went on almost to adulthood. (I could vomit!)
Brittney must have been incredibly brave, if she did go to have it out with her uncle, alone.
IIRC- Chessie didn't mention anything about Brittney seeming upset in the day or two before she was last seen, or when she left the house? Surely, if she left to confront DW, she would have been visably agitated?
I feel more confident now that there will be answers, eventually.
Why would Chessie have continued to have anything to do with her sister if she thought that DW was responsible for this? (For months?)
So sad for Brittney, who never really had a chance in life. I so hope things are different for her daughter. And for Chessie's infant children.

OT- the families speech is so musical! Tonight I feel a little bit ashamed of my broad, (flat) Australian accent!

Is there anyone else out there with a tablet who can point me to part 2 of the video? I can't find it in the video gallery and the videos won't play for me from the news page about Brittney.

Part 1 was eye-opening. Just from that I'm finding it very hard to reconcile what LE first said about Brittney's disappearance and what they are saying now. It just seems a complete contradiction to me.

Zwiebel ~ reading your last few posts, it sounds like you found both parts -
If not, this post by gliving has the link to both Part 1 and 2. Thanks gliving!

I think Andrew Perez, from Fox10TV, did a great job putting this together.
Thank you Andrew!!

I was going to say that about the accent! It's just lovely.

I do recall someone in the family saying that Brittney wouldn't back down from anyone, or something similar. I think being brought up in the school of hard knocks had made her tough and I'm very afraid she would have spoken her mind. But she was only tiny. There was only so much she could do, physically, to defend herself. Heartbreakingly, I just don't think it was enough.

Zwiebel ~ reading your last few posts, it sounds like you found both parts -
If not, this post by gliving has the link to both Part 1 and 2. Thanks gliving!

I think Andrew Perez, from Fox10TV, did a great job putting this together.
Thank you Andrew!!

I know, but it's so frustrating, my stupid, stupid tablet will only let me open the first part - when I click on the second video, it disappears! I've tried going through their tablet app, but that takes me to the video gallery where I can't find part two.

My other computer's free now so I'm going to try with that.

Regardless, thanks gliving too! I stayed up late last night waiting to see this, but I just couldn't last out. I was so pleased to see someone had summarised the shows this morning for us 'out of the time zoners'. Thanks again!

These are Facebook screenshots from the video on Fox10. The content is between Brittney and an alleged victim beginning May 27, 2012.

#1 - from Brittney.
image.jpg

Good question! I can see a pocket-dial voice call to a number on her contacts, but an accidental text message? Is it even possible? And then the battery falls out? Where is the phone? Anyone else having a hard time with this?

If someone finds a link to the news video, please share. TIA!!

Do you mean about the phone pings? If you go to http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/news/brittney-wood-donald-holland-cell-phone-pings and click on each...what are those thingies even called?? LOL! Markers? When you click on them, a blurb appears in the corner...I have no idea they came to the conclusion that there was a struggle.

Tablets won't let the phone pings map work either. I don't know who would want to invent a computer with such built in awkwardness, I really don't.

I wonder if LE would have considered the scratches on the battery to be signs of a struggle - perhaps someone snatching the phone and prising it out roughly? Otherwise, I don't really understand how DH's death could have been so definitively classed as a suicide if there were very obvious signs of a struggle (his clothing ripped, scratches on his face etc). Surely anything like that would have flagged there could have been foul play?

I'm really struggling to make anything make sense in this case you know. Except the fact that Brittney's been missing long enough and needs to be brought home now.

I don't post much, more of a lurker but have followed brittneys case. This is so heartbreaking. I did not read this anywhere so if it has been said I apologize but did they follow DH pings to where he went after brittneys stopped? If he did something he would have to dispose of the evidence. I think they should look at all the people's cell records the days she disappeared to see where they lead to. I am hoping for a miracle and she comes home safe.

why in the heck have we always been told that she left on foot? and wasnt abnormal for Britt to do that? Now they are saying they know she left with DH?

Was there something new released that I missed? This is one of the first cases I have faithfully followed since joining ws----and I do not recall anyone saying she left with DH. Only that she left on foot.

I don't post much, more of a lurker but have followed brittneys case. This is so heartbreaking. I did not read this anywhere so if it has been said I apologize but did they follow DH pings to where he went after brittneys stopped? If he did something he would have to dispose of the evidence. I think they should look at all the people's cell records the days she disappeared to see where they lead to. I am hoping for a miracle and she comes home safe.

Glad you posted!
Yes, there have been searches of areas that DH's phone pinged after Brittney's phone stopped pinging. I TOTALLY agree that they should look at all the people's cell records that are closely involved in the sex crimes case. This has not been done :banghead:(sorry I don't have a link for that so take it or leave it)

Thank you to everyone who posted the updates and links. I am stunned by the new info and need to go back and re-read everything slowly. Like really slowly. Like I am so disgusted by what I am reading that's it's hard to absorb.

I'm deleting the rest of my thoughts to save the Mods the trouble.

why in the heck have we always been told that she left on foot? and wasnt abnormal for Britt to do that? Now they are saying they know she left with DH?

Was there something new released that I missed? This is one of the first cases I have faithfully followed since joining ws----and I do not recall anyone saying she left with DH. Only that she left on foot.

http://www.fox10tv.com//dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney
Here is a link to some of the newest info released.
Very early on in the disappearance it was stated that Brittney left on foot...(per Chessie) to visit DH. Then it was stated that DH picked Brittney up just down the road from Chessie's house.

I love how LE kept saying her disappearance had nothing to do with the sex ring. I dont think anyone here ever believed it either. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717