AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She. could have planted a tree!
Let all her friends plant flowers around it. Let them write little messages on the stones or leave a little mail box there for ppl to leave their thoughts!

I remember way back when we were reading her fb page.
CW always needed a ride somewhere asking for ppl to take her.
She needed money her phone was turned off.

They had the bucket brigade!
But no real fundraisers,

Why is that?

BBM - Planting a tree would have been a nice idea. Maybe even a weeping willow. It would have been a beautiful idea to place stones under the tree with written messages to Brittney from her friends and family. I personally don't care for the rock memorial at all. The message on the rock gives me goosebumps. In my opinion, it would have been more appropriate to write "until you come home" instead of using words that are reminiscent of death. I think planting a tree would have been a better use of the money raised.

Whattaya bet the gun and bullets were wiped free of fingerprints.

Chessie said Brittney had a gun just like the one Donnie used. Chessie said the cell phone battery found in Donnie's truck was Brittney's. Gee, thanks Mom. :twocents:

The gun should have had Donnie's fingerprints and GSR should have been present on Donnie. Something in my gut tells me LE did not do a thorough investigation into Donnie's COD. With the looming sex abuse investigation, I tend to believe LE assumed Donnie did not want to face charges and committed suicide. At the time this was happening, LE did not know Brittney was missing. I don't believe LE searched his vehicle with Brittney's disappearance in mind. Heck, even after Brittney was reported missing LE continued to say there was no connection. I guess unless LE ever shares this info, I will always doubt their thoroughness. The two people who found Donnie, WWH and her friend, should have been tested for GSR. This would be normal protocol if LE completed a thorough investigation.

Chessie doesn't have the know-how to do much. 2 kids in jail and one missing, her own mother is a piece of work. She didn't think to research how to do a memorial or write a statement for the press. On one hand I feel sorry for her and the other I hope she can make an effort to learn how to make life better for herself and kids.

Ignorance is no excuse. Since I personally feel she is up to her neck in this crap too, I don't feel for her at all. :twocents:

That memorial is pretty sad. So is the shared baby shower- I didn't know about that, it makes me feel like weeping, poor Brittney!
How much would her gun have been worth, to sell to another person? How many young women would carry guns, is it a common thing? (It's not here) Steph, would you have been shocked if you had know Britt had a gun?

BBM - the gun used was a Raven .25 caliber gun. A cheap gun. Gun prices have drastically inflated since President Obama took on gun control in December. Currently this gun can be purchased used for $95. In my opinion, the price likely (at the least) would have been 20% cheaper at the time Brittney disappeared. I can easily see an Oxy user trading this gun for their fix. If you consider in early 2012 Oxy's had a going rate of $1 per milligram. Two 60mg Oxy's would cost $120. In my opinion, the 2 bullets were probably already loaded in the gun when it was traded. I don't believe the reason Chessie gave for the 2 bullets. I personally believe the gun was traded with the 2 bullets already intact.

Donnie allegedly owned guns and hunted. I don't know if he owned a handgun or his knowledge of guns, but he had some knowledge. What I do know is this particular gun is known for its weak penetration, not reliable in penetrating through the bone. This is one of the reasons I have found Donnie's suicide suspicious. This alleged suicide, did not cause immediate death. I tend to believe Donnie would have chosen a gun of much higher capacity to commit suicide. Just my opinion, but some people had a lot to gain by Donnie's death, including SS benefits and silencing his voice in the sex investigation.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11338495/pistols-for-sale/raven-arms-25-auto

The gun should have had Donnie's fingerprints and GSR should have been present on Donnie. Something in my gut tells me LE did not do a thorough investigation into Donnie's COD. With the looming sex abuse investigation, I tend to believe LE assumed Donnie did not want to face charges and committed suicide. At the time this was happening, LE did not know Brittney was missing. I don't believe LE searched his vehicle with Brittney's disappearance in mind. Heck, even after Brittney was reported missing LE continued to say there was no connection. I guess unless LE ever shares this info, I will always doubt their thoroughness. The two people who found Donnie, WWH and her friend, should have been tested for GSR. This would be normal protocol if LE completed a thorough investigation.

I agree that the suicide was not investigated thoroughly. It was yet another (different) set of detectives that handled that case not the same as sex crimes or Britt's case. I'm almost certain BCSO did not know Brittney was missing until after DH expired! The officer that took the report on 6/2 (Saturday) was a regular patrol officer not a dect and MPD did not contact the family about the report until early morning Tues 6/6. Still SMH!!!

:banghead:

LE are also saying she is most likely dead.

I'm trying to find that quote from LE but no luck so far. It could be Chessie feeding the reporters info again, like with the gun. Still, when you have Klaas Kids looking in the brush for your daughter, it doesn't instill hope.

OTOH, Chessie knew before LE that one of the bodies found wasn't Brittney. What does she know? Does she know Brittney took off scared, like she said in the beginning?

"At first, some relatives thought Brittney may have skipped town.

'We as a family do not see how she had the means to run. We’ve covered every friend, every one of them are accounted for,' Mrs Woods said.

'I mean if she had to run because she's that scared, I would really believe that she would have [taken] her daughter with her.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...months-charges-rape-sodomy.html#ixzz22ayPA4tV

Umm, I don't think Brittney would have taken her daughter if she thought she was in danger.

I think the dual baby shower with Brittney hurt me the most. It was Brittney's time to shine. Chessie was having her 4th baby, ya know? The whole thing was so AWKWARD!
I agree. I can't imagine sharing a baby shower with my mom! CW was suppose to be the "excited" grandma.

Just seen on fb a "possible" body found in mobile! Stay strong steph I know it's hard!!

Was CW's mom at the "shared baby shower"?

Prayers for Britt's family. I cannot imagine the anxiety they must be feeling.

Just seen on fb a "possible" body found in mobile! Stay strong steph I know it's hard!!

Thanks. :)
I have talked to Andrew perez the Fox 10 reporter and he's checking on it.
I hate to say it but I think I'm getting numb to the bodies/remains that have been found around this area since 5/30/12 I think this puts us up to 8 now.
:facepalm:

:wave: Skimmed over the latest posts – doesn’t sound like much, if any, progress in this case. :(

A few on-going and new questions, maybe for Steph [welcome!]:

1. What did BW and CW argue about before BW left to meet DH that fateful night?
  2. How would you describe the relationship between BW and DK?
  3. What about that obsessive ex-bf who moved to TX? Don't know what to ask but my hinky meter registered weird on him.
  4. Who did BW telephone that night beside BW's girlfriend (fake story) and DH?
  5. Who did BW telephone for a ride late in the evening/early morning?
  6. Why do you think BW was disappeared? Planned or accidental?
  7. What do you think CW is most afraid of?
TIA

I'm trying to find that quote from LE but no luck so far. It could be Chessie feeding the reporters info again, like with the gun. Still, when you have Klaas Kids looking in the brush for your daughter, it doesn't instill hope.

OTOH, Chessie knew before LE that one of the bodies found wasn't Brittney. What does she know? Does she know Brittney took off scared, like she said in the beginning?

"At first, some relatives thought Brittney may have skipped town.

'We as a family do not see how she had the means to run. We’ve covered every friend, every one of them are accounted for,' Mrs Woods said.

'I mean if she had to run because she's that scared, I would really believe that she would have [taken] her daughter with her.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...months-charges-rape-sodomy.html#ixzz22ayPA4tV

Umm, I don't think Brittney would have taken her daughter if she thought she was in danger.

Hi Gliving!

Here's the MSM quote you're looking for regarding the investigators thoughts about Brittney. It is about 40 seconds into Part 1 of the video. Investigator Eric Winberg says in the video, "I do believe at this point and time it is a recovery project. I do not believe she is still alive."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

I agree that the suicide was not investigated thoroughly. It was yet another (different) set of detectives that handled that case not the same as sex crimes or Britt's case. I'm almost certain BCSO did not know Brittney was missing until after DH expired! The officer that took the report on 6/2 (Saturday) was a regular patrol officer not a dect and MPD did not contact the family about the report until early morning Tues 6/6. Still SMH!!!

:banghead:

Wow, one family was facing 3 tragic events. Britt's disappearance, Donnie's alleged suicide and the sex investigation. Not to mention multiple counties were involved. I can understand to a point why there were 3 different case managers, but I would hope the 3 would have come together and reviewed their cases. How could they not? It is possible WWH also received the gun. If LE believed the gun belonged to Donnie, his property would be returned to WWH. Because it was not ruled a murder, the gun used could be given back to the family if requested. I wonder when LE learned who the gun allegedly belonged to? It just seems there were so many missed opportunities to build a case in Brittney's disappearance. I wish LE would establish one person for the family to contact with questions. I'm sorry Steph, you're literally dealing with a 3 ring circus.

Hi Gliving!

Here's the MSM quote you're looking for regarding the investigators thoughts about Brittney. It is about 40 seconds into Part 1 of the video. Investigator Eric Winberg says in the video, "I do believe at this point and time it is a recovery project. I do not believe she is still alive."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/special_reports/special-report-missing-brittney

Something we could have told him three days into it. It still infuriates me how LE did not bother having any serious searches for her or treat her like a valid missing person who may have come to harm when it was screaming in their faces.

I hope Wally starts making some noise, the suggestion to check out Mark Lunsford and his history when his daughter went missing is a good one. He kept LE square in his sights and the media too. Daily pressers, visits to LE daily and slow but surely they got results...results that showed they missed the little girl being held in the trailer right next to his but they did find her at least so she could be laid to rest. He never accepted no i can't talk, he made it difficult for them not to.

ETA perhaps reach out to Mark for some advice, he is always willing to talk to parents of missing children and offer advice. Wally is not some gawker he is her father and does have some rights with that.

This is exactly what im getting at.

I remember on her Fb the night before her saying her son was sick with a fever (this was late at night I believe) and was taking him to the drs next day. then I think she said her and the boys were with DH that night ...

Im so confused!

but I do think DH was murdered! I think DH Loved BW and possibly sent her out of harms way.. Crazy I know! But I honestly think that! Unless Wendy got to her.

wasn't he holding all P's birthday presents at that house

I'd like to see a time line of WWH comments. I think she is the key. Also the last time Brittneys phone pinged at the truck stop.

She would not need to hack Britney's phone if she had her hands on it. Which makes me think she didn't have physical access to the phone. Or she ditched it and then realized that she should have deleted stuff later.

I'm wondering if Brittney died, and DH disposed of her body and brought back her gun and phone. Wendy was going to help him cover up. Perhaps took the phone out to have it ping in another location?

Then he got cold feet at the last moment and killed himself, or they argued and she killed him.

Were her Facebook posts sent from a certain location? Does anyone have SS of that?

If Brittney is alive, I think she would have kept her gun and phone, or bought a new phone, but surely she would have contacted someone.

This is and continues to be such a twisted, depraved case … that being said …

Given the sexual assault investigation into DH was known to some of the perps and/or spouses, could this be a case where one of the perps was furious with DH and took it out on his pet, BW, as a revenge tactic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx