AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH?? If you google 'Alabama registered charities' or even 'Alabama Attorney General', you get up a load of useful links about charitable donations.

But they all lead to the Attorney General's Office, and he seems to have fallen off the web!

I am shaking my head at the Attorney General having his website down. Anyone know what's going on there?

WTH?? If you google 'Alabama registered charities' or even 'Alabama Attorney General', you get up a load of useful links about charitable donations.

But they all lead to the Attorney General's Office, and he seems to have fallen off the web!

I am shaking my head at the Attorney General having his website down. Anyone know what's going on there?

Works for me, Zwiebel.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/

BBM That's if they registered as to what they are doing and I'm assuming someone would have to call and complain (ask questions) about how they believe that the money was truly spent.
:twocents:

BBM That's if they registered as to what they are doing and I'm assuming someone would have to call and complain (ask questions) about how they believe that the money was truly spent.
:twocents:

But I didn't think anyone could just set up a charity and appeal for donations without registering first. I thought it was illegal and you could be reported to the Attorney general?

I take your point about someone having to call in a complaint first though. Perhaps all the donors liked that rock.....

I can say for a fact, Wally and I never heard mention of Brittney having a gun until the morning of June 2,2012 when Chessie told us she was waiting to hear what kinda of gun DH used since Brittney had a gun with 2 bullets. And the person that she supposedly bought the gun from denied it due to not his gun either. But AH told us & LE that said "guy" did have that gun or on identical like 2 weeks prior . AH told us & LE he saw it when guy put it in AH's face. But no report was filed. So I have NO idea who's gun that was.

You could go with the theory that Britt got it and sold it to DH or WWH for that matter. Or you could go with the story CW has said from the beginning that it was Britt's

:fence:

Thanks Steph. Seems awkward that Chessie was already asking what kind of gun Donnie used. Why would she have suspicions it might be Brittney's gun? Maybe something Wendy told her? What about said "guy"? Where was he during this time? I just don't know what to think. Because LE didn't start the rumor it was Brittney's gun, so someone close had to start the story.

Why would any family member tell a reporter, Oh by the way, it was Brittney's gun? Talk about throwing her under the bus.

CW should be ashamed of herself!

In God We Trust?

I know I live in Germany but.....I thought the USA worked the same kind of way that England and Germany does. That a person can't just say they are collecting for charity, take the money and that's the end of it.

I thought all monies have to be accounted for - what comes in, and what goes out. Otherwise, it might look like a person has made a profit, and then they would have to account for it to the IRS, or to any authority that pays any social security benefits, or anything like that.

I'm surprised it is so free and easy in the US - over here, you could get in serious trouble for failing to follow the rules, and you would be made to pay the money back, too!

Not so much for a simple fund raiser. It's like money earned from a bake sale or selling a few things on Ebay.

It's nice someone donated tee shirts.

Whattaya bet the gun and bullets were wiped free of fingerprints.

Chessie said Brittney had a gun just like the one Donnie used. Chessie said the cell phone battery found in Donnie's truck was Brittney's. Gee, thanks Mom. :twocents:

It's almost like she found prison religion:what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

:floorlaugh:

She got it off the dollar bill!
In god we trust!

Im serious I don't know what to say about those rocks.
I am never at a loss for words but this time........:stormingmad:

She. could have planted a tree!
Let all her friends plant flowers around it. Let them write little messages on the stones or leave a little mail box there for ppl to leave their thoughts!

I remember way back when we were reading her fb page.
CW always needed a ride somewhere asking for ppl to take her.
She needed money her phone was turned off.

They had the bucket brigade!
But no real fundraisers,

Why is that?

Thanks Steph. Seems awkward that Chessie was already asking what kind of gun Donnie used. Why would she have suspicions it might be Brittney's gun? Maybe something Wendy told her? What about said "guy"? Where was he during this time? I just don't know what to think. Because LE didn't start the rumor it was Brittney's gun, so someone close had to start the story.

Why would any family member tell a reporter, Oh by the way, it was Brittney's gun? Talk about throwing her under the bus.

Not only did CW tell the reporter about the gun but she's the one that told the reporter about the battery Not LE.

And I never thought of it in those terms. But YES why was she wanting to know about the type of gun? That was before we had heard back from the friend (girl) that she went with DH. Now that has me wondering did she already know that DH picked up Britt? Did she make up the story about her going to the friends house?

I know said guy was questioned multiple times and I did hear from LE he was cleared.

She. could have planted a tree!
Let all her friends plant flowers around it. Let them write little messages on the stones or leave a little mail box there for ppl to leave their thoughts!

I remember way back when we were reading her fb page.
CW always needed a ride somewhere asking for ppl to take her.
She needed money her phone was turned off.

They had the bucket brigade!
But no real fundraisers,

Why is that?

I think the dual baby shower with Brittney hurt me the most. It was Brittney's time to shine. Chessie was having her 4th baby, ya know? The whole thing was so AWKWARD!

But I didn't think anyone could just set up a charity and appeal for donations without registering first. I thought it was illegal and you could be reported to the Attorney general?

I take your point about someone having to call in a complaint first though. Perhaps all the donors liked that rock.....

I know that the one and only weekend bucket drive I was involved in that CW set up. There was no permit. I didn't even know that you had to have one till months later. She just picked the days and locations, called the media and told us to be there. So there we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne