AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were/are people in the family not supporting Brittney though. Brittney may have had her support because she was DH's favorite, not because the family all stick together. It seems to me it is the sisters and their husbands who stick together and the children don't get the same loyalty.

I think it is entirely possible Brittney was harmed by someone other than DH, myself. I don't think he would have trafficked her - I can't see him handing over one of 'his' females to anyone else. I keep thinking about who else she may have had information about, and who was desperate enough to disappear her. Who might have felt they were not close enough to Brittney to control what she might or might not say about them.

Yes ... I have a lot of big question marks around uncle DK. JMO

I do remember that Derrick's Myspace contained some photos of Brittney and her brother and brother's girlfriend -- photos that were incredibly risque and sexual in tone. It baffled all of us at the time...no one could imagine taking photos of their sibling acting provocatively with fruit, etc...as soon as I saw them, I wondered what on earth was going on.

I saw those pictures also and wondered the same thing!

@BrittsStepMom
It may have been said already but I can't find it and I'm wondering if you know what kind of pills DH and Brittney were selling? Oxy? LT? or what? Also, if you can, and I know you may not be able to say publicly, but I wondered you opinion on something. Do you think it's at all possible that Brittney isn't really missing at all? What I mean is, do you think some of her family may actually be covering for her as missing so she can avoid being arrested or being a witness? That might explain some of the other family members being less than helpful and also making themselves available for polygraph. I'm not really suggesting this is what I think is going on necessarily, I'm just curious if you think it is a possibility knowing all the personalities involved and how you would have expected them to react in this situation vs. how they have actually reacted.

RSW was the Geocacher, wasn't he? And physically fit and strong because he was in the territorial army or something?

Bob's search and rescue thread has just taken off with the geocaching thing and the number of caches are amazing. I guess if you did this on a regular basis you would get to know the landscape around you pretty well, and all the best places for hiding things.

Just trying to get a better idea of the quiet one...

Well my mom always told me then quiet ones are who you need too watch out for. They keep silent because they have the most too hide!

@BrittsStepMom
It may have been said already but I can't find it and I'm wondering if you know what kind of pills DH and Brittney were selling? Oxy? LT? or what? Also, if you can, and I know you may not be able to say publicly, but I wondered you opinion on something. Do you think it's at all possible that Brittney isn't really missing at all? What I mean is, do you think some of her family may actually be covering for her as missing so she can avoid being arrested or being a witness? That might explain some of the other family members being less than helpful and also making themselves available for polygraph. I'm not really suggesting this is what I think is going on necessarily, I'm just curious if you think it is a possibility knowing all the personalities involved and how you would have expected them to react in this situation vs. how they have actually reacted.

I heard LT's and oxy's.

I don't believe they would have the ability to hide her out. They can't barely pay their own bills much less have money to hide and feed a person. Plus I truly do not believe that Britt wouldn't try to contact someone to check about Payton. And I'm sorry to say but I believe that if Chessie knew where she was (alive) she would be all over the media saying "Look I found her". And that would get the focus off of why she wouldn't take the LD. JMO

I heard LT's and oxy's.

I don't believe they would have the ability to hide her out. They can't barely pay their own bills much less have money to hide and feed a person. Plus I truly do not believe that Britt wouldn't try to contact someone to check about Payton. And I'm sorry to say but I believe that if Chessie knew where she was (alive) she would be all over the media saying "Look I found her". And that would get the focus off of why she wouldn't take the LD. JMO

Thanks- I kind of thought that's what you would say about that but I figured it worth asking.

I asked about the pills because selling LT's isn't the kind of drug that would likely be putting them into situations or amounts of money that would put either of them in too much danger, getting arrested would probably have been the biggest danger for them selling LT's. HOWEVER, with Oxy's, well, that's a whole different story. A decent quantity of Oxy's is definitely something a person can get killed for. Without knowing the milligram and quantity of the Rx (or Rx's) that he was selling I wouldn't be able to say what kind of money we're talking about, but a lot of people may not be aware of how much money he would be into if he was selling Oxy's. It could be a very significant amount. The standard street price for oxy's is $1 per milligram, and that is a minimum price, it could go higher depending upon the local availability. So, for example: 1 month Rx written for a qty. of 2 each 40mg pills per day would bring $2,400 at a minimum and for all I know his Rx could've been for 80mg 3x a day which would bump up the price tag exponentially to $7,200. every 30 days.- If he was only acquiring one Rx a month, which is highly unlikely for someone that is in the business of selling pills.
Now knowing that he was selling Oxy's, I think the drug angle can't be dismissed. Also, knowing that both of them were on their phones for hours that night and they were on the road too tells me that it was very likely they were together that night for the purpose of doing business. His death and her disappearance could very likely not have one single thing at all to do with all the sexual abuse. It could be very important to know if his supply was found and if not then how much $$ was in it's place. If there was no $$ and no drugs accounted for, then there is a big problem.

Thanks- I kind of thought that's what you would say about that but I figured it worth asking.

I asked about the pills because selling LT's isn't the kind of drug that would likely be putting them into situations or amounts of money that would put either of them in too much danger, getting arrested would probably have been the biggest danger for them selling LT's. HOWEVER, with Oxy's, well, that's a whole different story. A decent quantity of Oxy's is definitely something a person can get killed for. Without knowing the milligram and quantity of the Rx (or Rx's) that he was selling I wouldn't be able to say what kind of money we're talking about, but a lot of people may not be aware of how much money he would be into if he was selling Oxy's. It could be a very significant amount. The standard street price for oxy's is $1 per milligram, and that is a minimum price, it could go higher depending upon the local availability. So, for example: 1 month Rx written for a qty. of 2 each 40mg pills per day would bring $2,400 at a minimum and for all I know his Rx could've been for 80mg 3x a day which would bump up the price tag exponentially to $7,200. every 30 days.- If he was only acquiring one Rx a month, which is highly unlikely for someone that is in the business of selling pills.
Now knowing that he was selling Oxy's, I think the drug angle can't be dismissed. Also, knowing that both of them were on their phones for hours that night and they were on the road too tells me that it was very likely they were together that night for the purpose of doing business. His death and her disappearance could very likely not have one single thing at all to do with all the sexual abuse. It could be very important to know if his supply was found and if not then how much $$ was in it's place. If there was no $$ and no drugs accounted for, then there is a big problem.

Good points and you may be right. I think the drug angle has been discussed as a possibility for quite some time. In my mind, whether it is a rape case angle or a drug angle, everything keeps coming back to that same circle of people. At this point, the rape charges are the only things pending and if those can be leveraged to get answers about Brittney, then you use them as leverage, even if the ultimate answers deal with drugs. That doesn't mean you let someone walk free, just that the terms of the deal be something the victims/family can accept.

Lortabs and Oxys might not get them in dangerous situations, BUT: there are a lot of characters in this drama. Plenty of people to put together a meth operation. BW and her usage of meth has been discussed previously, and she was deemed a "heavy user" -- we all know how Derrick was found in a meth house. I'm sure they were involved heavily in pills, but I wonder if it goes deeper than that. It wouldn't be easy to hide meth operations since many are mobile now.

Lortabs and Oxys might not get them in dangerous situations, BUT: there are a lot of characters in this drama. Plenty of people to put together a meth operation. BW and her usage of meth has been discussed previously, and she was deemed a "heavy user" -- we all know how Derrick was found in a meth house. I'm sure they were involved heavily in pills, but I wonder if it goes deeper than that. It would be easy to hide meth operations since many are mobile now.

ETA: WOULD be easy to hide

@BrittsStepMom

Didn't some family members help hide Derek when he was on the run?

Didn't some family members help hide Derek when he was on the run?

WHAT? Are you saying they have a history of this? Holy Cow. That would be the best case scenario and nothing would make me happier, even with some jail time at least she would have a chance at life.

ETA: WOULD be easy to hide

I don't know....I'm not so sure it would be that easy to hide. Especially with one bust in the family already. LE has cracked down even harder than normal on the purchase of pseudo-ephedrine in the last few years, so much so that a lot of the "immediate use/small time" mobile type cooks get busted just from their efforts to acquire that alone. Out in these rural areas they've already pried all the reflectors off the roads for the phosphorous. So a lot of the bottom of barrel ingredients are not as readily available as they were several years ago when we saw a lot more mobile busts down here. BUT that doesn't mean they weren't involved in the cooking or distribution on a larger level than mobile. Around here (not sure if you're local) LE is very much on top of the meth situation, to the point I'm willing to say that very few people that are deeply involved (or maybe even not so deeply) are off LE's radar. They have deeply implanted narcs in this meth world and they work with the bail bonds guys to track who is associating with who and they surveil the most well known players. All I'm saying is that I'd be surprised that if it's connected to a meth operation that LE wouldn't have a much better lead on Brittney. IF she is hiding, but not necessarily if she was killed by one of them. But then again at the end of day drugs are drugs and being involved in that lifestyle to any degree puts a person at heightened risk for all manner of unholy things happening to them.

I do want to ask you though, just out of curiosity, why do you think selling Oxy wouldn't put them in much danger? My information leads me to the exact opposite conclusion, in fact, I believe dealing Oxy is just as dangerous, as far as the people and more so the money than it would be with meth.

Speaking again of Oxy, does anyone know if DH or Brittney traveled into Florida on a routine basis? Not that they would have had to, there are several Dr's./Pain clinics right nearby DH that 'specialize' in writing Oxy and other opiate Rx's and people in the drug culture here all know exactly where to go to get what. BUT, it might point in a direction if either of them were going into Florida to acquire some of these Rx's.

I kind of hate to say this, and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Brittney, but one thing that may be clouding our (my) vision in this case may be that so many us (I) feel such a deep sympathy for her and the seemingly unfair hand life dealt her, and justifiably so. In doing so we (I) may be painting an unrealistic picture of her in our (my) minds. The fact is, she's a real person with very real faults, flaws and issues, who has been raised, for the most part, outside of her fathers family, without the benefit of solid role models. In truth she really wasn't all that innocent, and may in fact have been involved in multiple shady things. Does that mean she deserved to have bad things happen to her? Absolutely not! Does that mean we shouldn't acknowledge that she deserved better in life and that she is a beautiful soul with whom we are all fundamentally connected to? Absolutely not! It does, however, mean that if we're looking for a different person then we aren't going to find Brittney.

I don't know....I'm not so sure it would be that easy to hide. Especially with one bust in the family already. LE has cracked down even harder than normal on the purchase of pseudo-ephedrine in the last few years, so much so that a lot of the "immediate use/small time" mobile type cooks get busted just from their efforts to acquire that alone. Out in these rural areas they've already pried all the reflectors off the roads for the phosphorous. So a lot of the bottom of barrel ingredients are not as readily available as they were several years ago when we saw a lot more mobile busts down here. BUT that doesn't mean they weren't involved in the cooking or distribution on a larger level than mobile. Around here (not sure if you're local) LE is very much on top of the meth situation, to the point I'm willing to say that very few people that are deeply involved (or maybe even not so deeply) are off LE's radar. They have deeply implanted narcs in this meth world and they work with the bail bonds guys to track who is associating with who and they surveil the most well known players. All I'm saying is that I'd be surprised that if it's connected to a meth operation that LE wouldn't have a much better lead on Brittney. IF she is hiding, but not necessarily if she was killed by one of them. But then again at the end of day drugs are drugs and being involved in that lifestyle to any degree puts a person at heightened risk for all manner of unholy things happening to them.

I do want to ask you though, just out of curiosity, why do you think selling Oxy wouldn't put them in much danger? My information leads me to the exact opposite conclusion, in fact, I believe dealing Oxy is just as dangerous, as far as the people and more so the money than it would be with meth.

Speaking again of Oxy, does anyone know if DH or Brittney traveled into Florida on a routine basis? Not that they would have had to, there are several Dr's./Pain clinics right nearby DH that 'specialize' in writing Oxy and other opiate Rx's and people in the drug culture here all know exactly where to go to get what. BUT, it might point in a direction if either of them were going into Florida to acquire some of these Rx's.

I kind of hate to say this, and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Brittney, but one thing that may be clouding our (my) vision in this case may be that so many us (I) feel such a deep sympathy for her and the seemingly unfair hand life dealt her, and justifiably so. In doing so we (I) may be painting an unrealistic picture of her in our (my) minds. The fact is, she's a real person with very real faults, flaws and issues, who has been raised, for the most part, outside of her fathers family, without the benefit of solid role models. In truth she really wasn't all that innocent, and may in fact have been involved in multiple shady things. Does that mean she deserved to have bad things happen to her? Absolutely not! Does that mean we shouldn't acknowledge that she deserved better in life and that she is a beautiful soul with whom we are all fundamentally connected to? Absolutely not! It does, however, mean that if we're looking for a different person then we aren't going to find Brittney.

I have no idea if DH traveled to FL but I can say I never heard tell of Brittney traveling to FL. And we have no real way of knowing what pills they truly were, everyone said she sold LT's for him once a month. Only a small few said oxy. So IDK?

No, sadly I can not remember her Myspace name. I was friends with her on Myspace way back when I can't even remember my sign on or password or the email I was using then. I wish I could find it. There are pictures there I'm sure I would like to copy.
:banghead:

Hi Steph, here's the cached link. There's a default pic of Brit holding P that is so cute, shows P in a ponytail ontop of her head sticking straight up. :D So precious!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+myspace&nomo=1&biw=320&bih=416&hl=en&ct=clnk

If you click on pics, then on that pic again, you should be able to get the full version to save to your computer. Since you were friends with her on MS, you may be able to view more. From my standpoint, it appears stuff was deleted (comments, pics, friends) but maybe that's bc its protected? Idk but I sort of remember more stuff on there...

Hi Steph, here's the cached link. There's a default pic of Brit holding P that is so cute, shows P in a ponytail ontop of her head sticking straight up. :D So precious!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+myspace&nomo=1&biw=320&bih=416&hl=en&ct=clnk

If you click on pics, then on that pic again, you should be able to get the full version to save to your computer. Since you were friends with her on MS, you may be able to view more. From my standpoint, it appears stuff was deleted (comments, pics, friends) but maybe that's bc its protected? Idk but I sort of remember more stuff on there...

Thanks, Jersey*Girl :gthanks:

I was actually able to get back into my myspace acct the other day after some serious brain picking and got the pictures from there.

Side note for those that haven't followed since the beginning... Milkman is slang for drug dealer (among other things). Milkmall may coincide with the prior, however I think its possible she may have misspelled "maw". If you look up milk maw in the urban dictionary, some of the definitions could fit, especially in lieu of what's been made public now.

Also note that urban dictionary ISN'T Merriam-Webster by no means, so please keep that in mind.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

* NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART *

I believe that possibly she could've been arrested also. Look at Derek and Lil Paul (DHjr) they are victims that are being charged for something that they were made to do from a very young age by family members. There is no telling what EVILS this family put those children through and what they made them do. I don't see DH warning Brittney and not warning Derek or Lil Paul as they could spill just as much.

But you ask what I think she would do. I think if she thought running was the answer then she would've taken Payton. I think she would've hit up me and every friend she had for money and way out. Which she did not. That's the problem that we are all having there are SO many what if's and with DH dead and no one talking that's all we have is the what if's. :banghead:

I'm skimming over everything I've missed & this post popped out to me. I'm just an outsider looking in & these were my thoughts exactly. I thought right away when le &/or family said in the beginning "just come home you're not in trouble" that it was just the opposite...that it could have been a possibility.

However, I still think Donnie killed her & that's how he got her gun.

I'm skimming over everything I've missed & this post popped out to me. I'm just an outsider looking in & these were my thoughts exactly. I thought right away when le &/or family said in the beginning "just come home you're not in trouble" that it was just the opposite...that it could have been a possibility.

However, I still think Donnie killed her & that's how he got her gun.

Ok, I'm sorry I thought I already covered that. The reason that Chessie and I believe Derek said on the interviews that she wouldn't be in any trouble. Chessie was thinking that Brittney might have been hiding because of the gun DH used was hers and she wasn't(isn't) old enough to own a gun. And just in case that was it, they were letting her know to come out of hiding that was also was the reasoning for putting Derek on the news with that phone # for her to call. We still don't know for sure who if anybody that gun was registered to. All we have is CW told us that WWH told her that it was an unregistered gun. And also Brittney's traffic warrants. Remember in the beginning LE was pushing the issue that she's 19 and if she wanted to leave thats her right. They treated her as she went to party and would just pop back up. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth