AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone,

IDK if yall heard yet but they lowered WWH's bond to $25,000. And I would just like to say how utterly disgusted I am by this! :please: I would like to apologize ahead of time. I am trying to keep the level head but I'm about to explode and sound like Wally usually does in his FB rants about the wood clan.

:stormingmad:

I think we are ready to join you in those Wally rants!

Re my bold... Wanted to note the 12th was the day before Mother's Day. Not that its significant, but it does make me wonder about something. Those FB pm's between Britt & one of the victims, weren't they from around the 28th? If so, the 28th that year was Memorial Day. No mention of a BBQ or anything? Isn't that odd considering this is a family that seems to enjoy partying?

The message was on May 27th that was a Sunday. And you are correct about them celebrating EVERY holiday. Chessie had a big family bbq and swim day May 28th. I can tell you that they even shot fireworks on July 4th 2012 claiming to be shooting some of Brittney's favorites. SMDH.

On July 4th 2012 Wally and I spent the morning in the woods I believe it was in Grand Bay I would have to look at my notes to be exact but we were searching. Then we spent the afternoon and evening with Payton missing Brittney and crying. My own children went to their dads for the day as I couldn't bring myself to celebrate anything. As a matter of fact that's how we spent Father's day also. I can tell you we were in area they call hippie beach that day.

Hey, is it possible LE will wait until WWH raises bail, then rearrest her on the jailhouse steps, for witness tampering?

Hey, is it possible LE will wait until WWH raises bail, then rearrest her on the jailhouse steps, for witness tampering?

Oh that would be beautiful!! I think we should ALL wish (pray) for that!!!
:please:

Maybe she never bonded with these 3 children. She sure acts like she didn't!

btw...how old was she when she had her first child?

I believe she was 16 yrs old when she had Derek then Brittney 16 months later.

The time here is now 7:56pm I don't think she is getting out tonight :rockon:

The Gps monitoring office closed at 4:30pm and if she can't get that she can't leave!!! How sad...NOT!!!

Makes me think differently about all those condo weekends! The condo belongs to DK's family. I'd either sell it...or sterilize it!

The word on the street is the Kent's did sell it! Hope it's true.

So in going back to the basics, I'm sorting through all of the early media reports...came across something that can only make a person wonder even more about WWH. I can't find where it was mentioned that WWH dropped Donnie off & in hindsight it doesn't matter anyway bc I think it was already verified fairly early on that Donnie is the one that dropped her & the kids off after spending the evening with them, so I was wrong to even remember that bit of info as it was wrong. However, one thing I do remember that was right is that WWH went shopping or something (maybe a pharmacy) either with MWK or a friend. Does anyone remember this or have this info bc I'm looking for it now?

Here's why... Donnie was supposed to meet with investigators a half hour after he shot himself. So how freaking convenient that WWH wasn't there with him! Now somebody please give me a logical explanation why a wife & her kids would spend an entire evening with her husband but not stay with him right up until the time he's supposed to meet with investigators over sexual molestation allegations!

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers

Officials: Gun uncle used in suicide was Brittney's
Wood has been missing since May 30, 2012
Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 9:55 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 5:38 PM CDT
Andrew Perez
Photojournalist: Michael Reedy

Snipped:
Investigators confirm the Raven .25-caliber handgun Holland used in the suicide belonged to Wood.

We spoke with Wood’s mother about the discovery.

Chessie Wood said she felt her daughter's disappearance was mysterious since the beginning. However, she is unsure how Holland may have gotten Brittney’s gun.

"We believe we have missed something that is hollering our name, and maybe it was so obvious,” said Chessie.

Snipped:
A source close to the investigation said Holland was a suspect in that same family sex abuse case and was expected to meet with authorities June 1, about half an hour after he shot himself.

There is no logical reasoning IMO as to why leave him to face the music alone.

But yes I remember she made that post about the sick child on 5/30 early 5/31 then yes the pharm on 5/31. Also I remember CW telling me that LE wouldn't let her get the child's medicine out of the truck the evening of 6/1 after he shot himself.

9:00 local news from Andrew Perez....hasn't been posted on Fox10TV yet...
The DA, H. Dixon, has filed a motion for the judge to reconsider the lowering of the bond.

Good evening everyone,

IDK if yall heard yet but they lowered WWH's bond to $25,000. And I would just like to say how utterly disgusted I am by this! :please: I would like to apologize ahead of time. I am trying to keep the level head but I'm about to explode and sound like Wally usually does in his FB rants about the wood clan.

I don't know how you guys are handling this. I am so sorry you are going through all this.

Maybe you need to write a book about all this to get some of the stress out. The title could be, Out of the Woods.

I don't know how you guys are handling this. I am so sorry you are going through all this.

Maybe you need to write a book about all this to get some of the stress out. The title could be, Out of the Woods.

Brilliant idea! LOVE the name!!!!!

Good evening everyone,

Absolutely every right to be disgusted and absolutely no need to apologize for anything.

In all honesty, as I previously posted, it really doesn't surprise me and I do hope she can't afford to raise the bond. I was hoping to soften the blow when it was reduced, but wrong is wrong and there is no cushioning it. The positive? It sounds like the DA is still fighting it, filing a motion of their own. Just as I wasn't surprised that the Judge reduced bond this go around, I wouldn't be surprised if he raises it in light of the DA's motion. It won't be back to $200,000 but it will hopefully be more. Maybe $35,000 to $50,000 if I had to guess.

My experience is that a DA almost always opposes a bond reduction. A DA doesn't always continue to fight the reduction after it has been granted. The fact they are is going to give the Judge a clearer idea as to the risk posed by the Defendant and will hopefully/likely lead to an increase from the current amount.

I don't know that it would be any higher than that though if the prosecution is not going to be ready by August. I know it's hard, but if we remove ourselves from the instant situation and think about it in broader terms, we have to remember that our system is based upon the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. No matter how much evidence there is of guilt and no matter how sure we are of that guilt, that person is still provided that presumption and therefore the Court must operate under the position that an innocent person (as of now) is currently incarcerated until trial and if the prosecution causes a delay in that Court date because they are not ready, the Judge still has to work under the fact that a person presumed innocent will remain incarcerated for a longer period of time without having been convicted because of the prosecution's delay. A long way of saying that I doubt the bond would have been reduced, or at least that much, had the prosecution announced ready.

Hold out hope though, I know I am, that the Judge does reconsider the risks she poses, along with the fact that I believe only DK maybe faces as serious of charges as WWH, and ultimately does raise the bond amount. Just don't expect it to be $200,000.

The bond reduction is unbelievable, especially if she has been contacting a witness, and threatening the caregiver. How much would Wendy actually have to cough up, it's a percentage of the 20K isn't it?
Steph, you and Wally must be beyond frustration. Sometimes a good vent is very therapeutic!

That's a good one!

Good Morning.
As of this moment 5:54am WWH is still in jail. :rockon:
I know it's just a matter of time but at least she had to stay another night.:jail:

Here is another report that was done last night this is the one Chattywoman referred to that wasn't on the website at the time.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/da-misunderstanding-led-to-lower-bond

snip-District Attorney Hallie Dixon, however, said her office is ready to move forward with the case and believe Judge Bishop misunderstood her prosecutor.

“We have more than sufficient evidence at this point in time to proceed on to trial that is ready and can be prepared for august. So it was just - I think a misunderstanding,” said Dixon.

Dixon said her prosecutor was referring to the mountain of information in the case and had referenced her work load for the month of August.

BBM-She maintains, however, that they are ready to go to trial.

I thought that was because he wasn't allowed be with them? or live with them? If so, do not ask me why that would have made any difference whatsoever when no other law seemed to matter to any of them.

I thought the same thing but was then told he only wasn't allowed around his daughter, wasn't told he had to stay away from all kids. I assumed this same thing as you but some people I think in the last thread corrected me. I was floored.

The message was on May 27th that was a Sunday. And you are correct about them celebrating EVERY holiday. Chessie had a big family bbq and swim day May 28th. I can tell you that they even shot fireworks on July 4th 2012 claiming to be shooting some of Brittney's favorites. SMDH.

On July 4th 2012 Wally and I spent the morning in the woods I believe it was in Grand Bay I would have to look at my notes to be exact but we were searching. Then we spent the afternoon and evening with Payton missing Brittney and crying. My own children went to their dads for the day as I couldn't bring myself to celebrate anything. As a matter of fact that's how we spent Father's day also. I can tell you we were in area they call hippie beach that day.

Wow, only a month into her disappearance & they're shooting off fireworks? Wonder how much $$ was spent on fireworks that could have been spent on a search... Interesting Steph. I wonder who all was in attendance. Honestly, I'd question anyone Britt was close with that stopped searching at such an early date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz