AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 6:24 pm central time. And WWH is still in jail the GPS monitoring office is closed for the weekend so she will have to at least spend 3 more nights in jail.:rockon:

On the booking site her bond is still listed as $25,000 :jail:

Nothing so far from local news if the judge has ruled on reinstating the $200,000 bond.

The bond reduction is unbelievable, especially if she has been contacting a witness, and threatening the caregiver. How much would Wendy actually have to cough up, it's a percentage of the 20K isn't it?
Steph, you and Wally must be beyond frustration. Sometimes a good vent is very therapeutic!

Here it is 10% in most cases but if you can find a bonds man to work with you they have been known to take 5% up front get the person out then you can make payments for the other 5%. As was done with Derek. We also have a $36 state fee on each bond that can not and will not be waived. It also cost for the ankle monitor (monitoring fee) to the tune of $75 a week. I can't remember but I think it was either $175 or $300 down before Derek could leave.

I read in the media her attorney was asking for it to be lowered to $10,000 so $536 to $1036 to bond then the money for the monitor. IMO the $25,000 bond might been the reason she is still there. The extra $750 to $1500 might have been more than they can scrap up.

Steph, can you help with WWH's and Donnie's timeline from 5/30 through 6/1?

I am trying to understand when WWH was last with Donnie before he picked Britt up. Were WWH and Donnie together at all on 5/30, like earlier in the day? Where did Donnie stay after he returned to Fairhope the morning of 5/31, did he stay in Fairhope or return to Styx River? How did WWH get her sick child's medicine on 5/31? Donnie and WWH had to meet up at some point on 5/31 if the child's medicine was found in their vehicle on 6/1. I'm just trying to figure out their whereabouts and the transportation they used. TIA

IDK much at all about their comings and goings on those days. The things I do know I found from my own snooping no help from LE as they felt she ran off to us they wouldn't give us the hollands timeline.

I will work on a time line it will take some time but I will get what I can.

Its really not far fetched for WWH to get out on bail, thru a bail bondsman, and then be rearrested immediately. Bond would be revoked and she would go right back to her cell. And no.. she wouldnt get her 10% back either.

"What Happened to Brittney Wood?" BlogTalkRadio on August 2:

Join me as I talk with the mother of missing Brittney Wood, Chessie Wood, about her the disappearance of her daughter. Brittney was just 19 years old and the mother of a 2-year-old little girl when she went missing on May 30, 2012.

There is scandal involved with some of Brittney’s family members and things were starting to come to light. Five members of Brittney’s family were arrested and when you hear the story of what Brittney was doing up to the day she disappeared, you will definitely come to your own sad conclusion. That Brittney might have been taken away, or murdered to keep her quiet.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missingandexploited/2013/08/03/what-happened-to-brittney-wood
Call in to speak with the host: (714) 333-3301

So it was a mistake that her bond was lowered? I guess we could just add this too the list of "mistakes" they have made so far in this case. I know the court system is not perfect but, it's just one thing after another down there. WTH is wrong with all these ppl?

In fairness, I don't think it's just down there. I would imagine this goes on across the country. I know it does where I am.

It was definitely a mistake from a human point of view if you ask me. From a legal point of view, I don't know if it was a mistake. It is an adversarial system and it sounds to me that the defense attorney was more convincing on this occasion (sounds to me like the prosecuting attorney may have taken it too lightly and sent a less seasoned attorney based on the earlier comments about whether they would be ready for trial by August).

I do believe it woke the lead prosecutor up and I would bet they are more convincing with this go around, though I doubt it gets back to $200,000. So I don't know if from a legal point any of it would be a mistake legally, just a matter of who is more convincing on a given point at a given time.

It's 6:24 pm central time. And WWH is still in jail the GPS monitoring office is closed for the weekend so she will have to at least spend 3 more nights in jail.:rockon:

On the booking site her bond is still listed as $25,000 :jail:

Nothing so far from local news if the judge has ruled on reinstating the $200,000 bond.

I would imagine the Judge did, but do we know for a fact that the monitoring device is required if released on bond?

I can not understand the reasoning behind granting her bond.
She has a list of charges and had been caught tying to get to the witness,

This woman has on her Charges TORTURE which I find totally sick.

This said Im beginning to believe WWH is the ringleader of this clan.
I believe she was able to get into their phones because the phones were in her name
she was able to delete many things on both phnes, She knew exactly what she was doing.

I think she killed her husband I think she was with Brittney when she went missing,
Now where was Mendy when al this was going on... Mendy was talking on FB when Wendy was deleting all the VM,,,. The more I find out about these women the more disgusted I become.

Wendy and Chessie definitely need to take polygraphs, These two I believe hold the key!
And lets toss Mendy in there too.

torture law, defines the crime as: inflicting great bodily harm on another person with the specific intent to cause cruel or extreme pain.1 Despite the fact that the victim must suffer a serious injury, the crime of "torture" is more concerned with the intent of the defendant than on the pain of the victim

I would imagine the Judge did, but do we know for a fact that the monitoring device is required if released on bond?

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/bond_reduced_from_200000_to_25.html

snip-The judge also ordered Holland not to contact the victim or the victim's family. Bishop also wrote that she can't have any contact with any children under the age of 18.

If Holland gets out of jail on bond, she must wear an electronic monitor.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/da-misunderstanding-led-to-lower-bond

Snip-As for Holland's current bond agreement, she must wear an ankle monitoring device and have no contact with children under 18 or the victims.

Jumping off ...

Any proof it was actually medicine for a ?sick? child or was it DH's drugs that WWH was tying to get?

Was there a confirmed visit to the Dr. with a sick child?

Was there a script written for a sick child?

TIA

I have No proof to any of that. Don't know if LE confirmed or even tried to confirm any of that. The only reason I have any knowledge of said medicine is that is what CW told me.

IDK much at all about their comings and goings on those days. The things I do know I found from my own snooping no help from LE as they felt she ran off to us they wouldn't give us the hollands timeline.

I will work on a time line it will take some time but I will get what I can.

Thank you Steph! I appreciate everything you have shared with us. I admire your perseverance.

I can not understand the reasoning behind granting her bond.
She has a list of charges and had been caught tying to get to the witness,

This woman has on her Charges TORTURE which I find totally sick.

This said Im beginning to believe WWH is the ringleader of this clan.
I believe she was able to get into their phones because the phones were in her name
she was able to delete many things on both phnes, She knew exactly what she was doing.

I think she killed her husband I think she was with Brittney when she went missing,
Now where was Mendy when al this was going on... Mendy was talking on FB when Wendy was deleting all the VM,,,. The more I find out about these women the more disgusted I become.

Wendy and Chessie definitely need to take polygraphs, These two I believe hold the key!
And lets toss Mendy in there too.

BBM - Personally I would like to add RSW to the list. You have 3 siblings WWH, RSW and MWK all involved in the sex abuse in some way or another. I don't believe MWK (being a twin) was clueless to what her sister, husband and brother were doing. How far would 3 siblings go to protect each other? All 3 had a lot to lose and most likely were feeling desperate. Interesting that Donnie attempts suicide and Brittney disappears an hour before Donnie was to meet with investigators. Talk about timing! In my opinion, their sibling bond plays a big role here. I'm not sure Chessie was aware of the sex abuse. When did Derek tell Chessie about the abuse? I believe she engaged in the swinger action. I'm just not sure if she knew or how much she knew about the abuse. Whichever, I don't think Chessie had prison time looming in her future like the other 3 siblings. Now if Derek told her about the abuse before all of this, then of course I would have a different opinion of Chessie. I have a strong feeling 3 of the siblings were working together.

"What Happened to Brittney Wood?" BlogTalkRadio on August 2:

Join me as I talk with the mother of missing Brittney Wood, Chessie Wood, about her the disappearance of her daughter. Brittney was just 19 years old and the mother of a 2-year-old little girl when she went missing on May 30, 2012.

There is scandal involved with some of Brittney’s family members and things were starting to come to light. Five members of Brittney’s family were arrested and when you hear the story of what Brittney was doing up to the day she disappeared, you will definitely come to your own sad conclusion. That Brittney might have been taken away, or murdered to keep her quiet.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missingandexploited/2013/08/03/what-happened-to-brittney-wood
Call in to speak with the host: (714) 333-3301

Chatty, where did you find the snip from above? I looked on the site and cannot find it. TIA

I am interested to hear what Chessie has to say about the days leading up to Britt's disappearance. Something new or is she referring to the messages on Facebook?

BBM - Personally I would like to add RSW to the list. You have 3 siblings WWH, RSW and MWK all involved in the sex abuse in some way or another. I don't believe MWK (being a twin) was clueless to what her sister, husband and brother were doing. How far would 3 siblings go to protect each other? All 3 had a lot to lose and most likely were feeling desperate. Interesting that Donnie attempts suicide and Brittney disappears an hour before Donnie was to meet with investigators. Talk about timing! In my opinion, their sibling bond plays a big role here. I'm not sure Chessie was aware of the sex abuse. When did Derek tell Chessie about the abuse? I believe she engaged in the swinger action. I'm just not sure if she knew or how much she knew about the abuse. Whichever, I don't think Chessie had prison time looming in her future like the other 3 siblings. Now if Derek told her about the abuse before all of this, then of course I would have a different opinion of Chessie. I have a strong feeling 3 of the siblings were working together.

Derek didn't share any of the abuse with us or Chessie until after he was arrested. When he went for question we (the 4 of us) talked to him, asking if he needed to tell us anything? he responded "No, IDK why they want to talk to me?" Chessie and Paul drove him to that meeting.

The link worked...Thank you Steph!

Whoa...what is she trying to say here? It is a little confusing. Is she suggesting Donnie committed suicide because he killed Brittney or had knowledge of what happened to her?

The last time Brittney was seen, she was with her Uncle Donnie Holland, who committed suicide on June 1 … just 2 days after she disappeared. And you will probably feel as I do … it was so he did not go to jail. Not for the crimes everyone else is charged with and not for the disappearance or worse or Brittney.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missin...tney-wood-and-jeffrey-holloman-separate-cases

The link worked...Thank you Steph!

Whoa...what is she trying to say here? It is a little confusing. Is she suggesting Donnie committed suicide because he killed Brittney or had knowledge of what happened to her?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missin...tney-wood-and-jeffrey-holloman-separate-cases

I have read that comment more than once and I still don't know what she's trying to say. I will be listening to that show for sure and I hope all of y'all will be as well. And I hope y'all have some good questions for her.

torture law, defines the crime as: inflicting great bodily harm on another person with the specific intent to cause cruel or extreme pain.1 Despite the fact that the victim must suffer a serious injury, the crime of "torture" is more concerned with the intent of the defendant than on the pain of the victim

(a) A person commits the crime of sexual torture:

(1) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of another person with an inanimate object by forcible compulsion with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(2) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of a person who is incapable of consent by reason of physical helplessness or mental incapacity with an inanimate object, with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(3) By penetrating the vagina or anus or mouth of a person who is less than 12 years old with an inanimate object, by a person who is 16 years old or older with the intent to sexually torture or to sexually abuse.

(b) The crime of sexual torture is a Class A felony.

That is the actual definition or elements to her crime. I don't want to minimize how horrible it is, but don't be thinking torture chambers necessarily. I haven't read Appellate decisions that interpret the statute, but by my reading of it, it sounds like using a sex toy by force(either against their will or with someone who isn't old enough to give consent) on another person would satisfy the elements. That is still horrible, but while it may have been involved, it is not necessary that electrodes and pliers were being used to inflict cruel and extreme pain.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/bond_reduced_from_200000_to_25.html

snip-The judge also ordered Holland not to contact the victim or the victim's family. Bishop also wrote that she can't have any contact with any children under the age of 18.

If Holland gets out of jail on bond, she must wear an electronic monitor.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/da-misunderstanding-led-to-lower-bond

Snip-As for Holland's current bond agreement, she must wear an ankle monitoring device and have no contact with children under 18 or the victims.

Good. At least they got that part right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member