AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WKRG Blake Brown
Brittany Wood's stepmom on the arrest of mother Chessie Wood...

"I was very shocked we've been told since November 29th that there were more arrests to come I was very shocked that it ended up being Chessie," said stepmom Stephanie Hanke.

Chessie was arrested late today on 2 charges of sodomy and sex abuse. Authorities say the victim was 10 years old at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5/posts/10151666994912500

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-mother-arrested

If you click on the link to the story about Chessie's arrest, you will see both video links under the pic of her.

I did that & it won't play the 2nd video for me. This same site showed the 2 part interviews with Perez & the 2nd part wouldn't play for me either. I had to find it on YouTube, remember? I just looked on YouTube but its not there yet so I have to wait til the morning to get on our computers.

WKRG Blake Brown
Brittany Wood's stepmom on the arrest of mother Chessie Wood...

"I was very shocked we've been told since November 29th that there were more arrests to come I was very shocked that it ended up being Chessie," said stepmom Stephanie Hanke.

Chessie was arrested late today on 2 charges of sodomy and sex abuse. Authorities say the victim was 10 years old at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5/posts/10151666994912500

I loved it when Steph pointed out facts and stuck to them. :rockon: Dates and stuff are vital.

But here's my question: BSO said that they began looking at Chessie in Jan. So who on earth were they looking at in Nov?! They said the victim didn't name Chessie till Jan.

I was worried this would be the decision but I just checked and for now she's still in jail.

Judge refuses to reverse his decision to lower the bond for Wendy Holland, a suspect in a child sex abuse case. | http://ow.ly/mk7M0

Ugh. As a Baldwin county voter, I will remember this judge at the apropriate time again in the future. I'm not the only one saying so either. Pretty sure he shot himself in the foot with this one.

Gasping for air, gosh, I hope that you are right, Astrokitty, about CW being about to blab...
It changes everything, doesn't it? All the information supplied by Chessie, her motivation in being at Wendy's court hearing, her support for her mother's stance on the child rapist, her less than helpful attitude to finding Brittney...
Steph, today you are my hero. Please know that I am thinking of you and yours. Madly.

I have a question that may seem off the wall, its pure speculation, but now I'm seriously wondering "what if"...

Ok, now its known by us that were here from the beginning that Zeaux told us about Britt's gun. Its proven, also, that Chessie was the first person to let people know about it, that she's the first to speak with the media. Chessie told Steph, Zeaux found out but I forget who told her, then she told us. The info was taken to police. Ok, b a c k...u p. Chessie was the first to let it out about the gun used in Donnie's suicide belonged to Britt, albeit illegally, rumored to have been obtained in a drug fight or trade, rumored to have its serial number scratched out. Is it possible the gun wasn't even in Brittney's possession but rather someone else's? Chessie knew about Donnie...right? She knew Britt was already raped when she was 9. It was a very brutal rape btw for those that haven't read the reports on it. It was done by her gmom's boyfriend, the same gmom that lives now with Chessie. I wonder now if everybody in that family is a victim of Donnie's. Chessie knew him when she was little, right? How come Chessie didn't care that Britt was still talking with Donnie knowing he was being investigated for child sex crimes? Or did she care but not let the media know that after the fact. Chessie said in an interview that Britt would never go anywhere without her gun. Really? I'm wondering if maybe she left it at her mom's... Is it possible? If Donnie didnt actually kill himself & somebody else did, who would have the most motive? Could protective instincts play a factor? Failed to protect her the first time, maybe found out about abuse from Donnie as well, then instinct sets in saying ain't gonna let it happen again to her or anyone else... Maybe she felt she owed it to her? Pure speculation...but what if?

I loved it when Steph pointed out facts and stuck to them. :rockon: Dates and stuff are vital.

But here's my question: BSO said that they began looking at Chessie in Jan. So who on earth were they looking at in Nov?! They said the victim didn't name Chessie till Jan.

Wendy was charged in November...

Chessie looked like she had her swimsuit on under her shirt & shorts. Did she have any idea she was under investigation? People in the family knew Donnie was being investigated, I'm assuming bc le spoke with people & had to do various intel interviews. Did they do the same during their investigation of Chessie?

Another question...

Is it possible Chessie was charged with sex crimes but wasn't the actual person to commit the crimes? Maybe was either there or otherwise knew about it, therefore was charged the same as what the actual perpetrator would have been charged? Idk, just wondering bc she looked really afraid & upset --- although I didn't see any tears (like some others pointed out).

The report says this is a different victim. The others, except Dustin Kent, were charged in Baldwin Co. Chessie is charged in Mobile Co. I think they are arrested in the county where the crimes occured. Can any legal eagles explain further why Chessie was arrested by Mobile Co? Tia

What county was investigating Donnie?

Can I just say - I love seeing the "crew" here :) Hello all!!! This is cause for celebration.

You know, we've all wondered why no one was talking and I think now we know why. The one who knows where Brittney is has been sitting free, having parties and spray painting dirt for the last year.

Her memorial bench and everything in between is making me think.

The report says this is a different victim. The others, except Dustin Kent, were charged in Baldwin Co. Chessie is charged in Mobile Co. I think they are arrested in the county where the crimes occured. Can any legal eagles explain further why Chessie was arrested by Mobile Co? Tia

What county was investigating Donnie?

They stated the victim was from Baldwin but is in Mobile receiving help (not sure what that means) and she chose to come forward in Jan. I do wonder what sparked her choice to come forward then? Glad she did!

I've been here since the beginning- I just hang in the shadows :) I never comment, occasionally "like", but always read. When the house is quiet and everyone else sleeps, my thoughts always drift to Brittney. You guys do an excellent job and I don't really feel like I have much to add. But I'm here, silently praying, lighting my candles and cheering knowing that you guys are going to help bring her home.

The whole interview http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...ed-on-Sex-Charges/xyKTCCw3j0OhJCW3n-ipRA.cspx

go to the 3:50 mark and listen close.....she's gonna spew!

While listening to the raw interview of the just arrested CW,
my mind kept wandering to the following dramatic statement
given a number of years ago by a young mother of two
and given with a dramatic delivery:
"I would like to say to whoever has my children, that they please,
I mean please bring 'em home to us where they belong."

-Susan Smith

Astrokitty, I feel the same way. It has been a long journey and so much better having such a great, caring team on the way. This has been one of the most frustrating and shocking cases. My heart breaks for those victims caught up in the most despicable of all acts. I wish Brittney was here, safe from all that pain she endured.

Bless all of you for your caring and candidness and for being here. Onward to some answers!

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member