AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are her charges from the same county or a different one. She seems surprised in one of this videos says something about Mobile. Ill have to go watch again.

Chessie has been charged in Mobile County, Judge Hardesty. Where the rest have been charged in Baldwin County. Except DK who is facing charges in two counties.

It seems weird to me, Eileen, bc Chessie was charged in Mobile Cty BUT the alleged molestation happened in Baldwin Cty. The victim seeks therapy in Mobile Cty, & it was through this therapy that the issue of molestation from 4 years ago surfaced.

Who reported the stuff against Chessie? Was it the therapist or the child that reported it?

Jersey - I must have missed the information on the crime Chessie is charged with occurred in Baldwin County, do you have a link?

ETA - Link was found, crime was committed in Baldwin County.

Jersey - I must have missed the information on the crime Chessie is charged with occurred in Baldwin County, do you have a link?

Rsbm

Hi Lash! I think I read it on here. Several people were talking about it either yesterday or evening before. I'll look, unless you find it first. ;) Maybe I misunderstood & I'm wrong. If so, I apologize for any confusion. Gimme a few to search the convo pls...

I think I might be wrong & have it all backwards. I was confused bc I thought since she lives in Baldwin Cty that they should have arrested her instead. Still looking...

http://www.mobileso.com/press-release/mother-of-brittney-woods-arrested-on-sodomy-and-sex-abuse/

MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

JUN 28 2013
MOTHER OF BRITTNEY WOODS ARRESTED ON SODOMY AND SEX ABUSE

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE arrested CHESSIE LYNNE WOOD Yesterday, June 27, 2013, and charged her with Two Counts of Sodomy and Sex Abuse of child under 12. This has been an ongoing investigation with BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE. The Victim, who is known to CHESSIE LYNNE WOOD, revealed the abuse and details during therapy at the CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER. The investigation is ongoing. CHESSIE WOOD is the mother of BRITTNEY WOOD who was reported missing from BALDWIN COUNTY.

2zic7yf.gif

I can't stand when a victim's name is misspelled, especially by authorities involved in the investigation..

good morning everyone. i'm still curious why chessie was arrested by mobile co le when her crime was committed in baldwin co. Even if the victim now resides in mobile co, wouldn't the arrest warrant come from baldwin co?

i wonder if we could have one of our ws lawyers chime in with their opinion.

It's leading me to believe there may be child *advertiser censored* distribution. Or perhaps wendy made jail house buddies and le fears for chessie's safety? Or because derek is in baldwin co? But surely baldwin co jail has a way to secure a prisoner. Something is hinky about her arrest. The whole sex ring crime is baldwin co's case.

ATTN LASH - quoting this for you. Is this a fact? I'm going to look for media releases now.

FOUND IT (HAT TIP TO GLIVING)

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/06/brittney_woods_mother_arrested.html

Brittney Wood's mother arrested, accused of sexually abusing a 10-year-old girl (updated, video)By Theresa Seiger | tseiger@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM, updated June 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Snipped:
The abuse is believed to have happened only one time, according to investigators.

Hall said the victim came forward while getting help in Mobile and Baldwin counties. The alleged abuse took place in Baldwin County.

"Our victim is extremely, extremely matter-of-fact," Hall said. "She's just very courageous in this whole thing, and I know she's telling the truth."

Thanks reedus. Chessie's crime did occur in Baldwin Co.

"Hall said the victim came forward while getting help in Mobile and Baldwin counties. The alleged abuse took place in Baldwin County."

Unusual to say the least.

Jersey - Thank you for your help. I found this post by gliving with an MSM link attached. The crime was committed in Baldwin County. I knew we had determined Chessie was charged in Mobile, but I did not think we had established where the crime occurred.

This stands out to me as its an investigator putting it right out there...

"Our victim is extremely, extremely matter-of-fact," Hall said. "She's just very courageous in this whole thing, and I know she's telling the truth."

I believe her. LE must have to walk on eggshells with the victims and they must be very careful. One false accusation could send whatever case they are building right down the toilet.

Me too Eileen. I give it a 50/50 chance she took off. I just don't see her as one to accept consequences. She's too young and too stubborn. Plus there's no motive for someone to kill only her. The crimes are too far reaching.

And I wouldn't blame her one bit. :seeya:

I agree.

It seems weird to me, Eileen, bc Chessie was charged in Mobile Cty BUT the alleged molestation happened in Baldwin Cty. The victim seeks therapy in Mobile Cty, & it was through this therapy that the issue of molestation from 4 years ago surfaced.

Who reported the stuff against Chessie? Was it the therapist or the child that reported it?

My thinking is the therapist after all this came out about the Wood Clan!
She put 1 and 1 together and got 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member