AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I wonder if the victim kept quiet about Chessie's role to avoid hurting Brittney,(she seemed to be very fond of her) but once she was sure Brittney had disappeared, felt free to reveal everything?

I'm more inclined to think the reason would be so she doesn't end up like Brittney. She may just now be mature enough to handle the legal confrontation of her abusers, too.

"It's related. That's the defense in the case. The murder of Brittney Wood and all these sex abuse allegations are related because as they well know, my client isn't going to rest until the body of her daughter is found," said McDuffie.

Did I miss the fact that Brittney was indeed murdered?

Her phone pinging in GB 1:47am 5/31/12 the official LE report says donnie shot himself around 2pm 6/1/12. times do NOT match!! lagniappe miss reported!

Steph, I certainly don't mean to be argumentative, but MPD Cpl. Chris Levy doesn't say it was phone pings. He says it was "information through our investigation". Whatever that information is, it appears it's enough to continue classifying Brittney as a missing person. :fence:

JUNE 22, 2012

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Brittney Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

"It's related. That's the defense in the case. The murder of Brittney Wood and all these sex abuse allegations are related because as they well know, my client isn't going to rest until the body of her daughter is found," said McDuffie.

Did I miss the fact that Brittney was indeed murdered?

Unfortunately, I think this is basically confirmation from CW that Britt was murdered (I'm so sorry to write that Steph). When I think about CW's lawyers statements plus that memorial rock that looks like a tombstone, I'm 99.9% certain that CW doesn't just think but knows that Britt was murdered. How much more about it she knows (exactly which family member did it versus covering it up, where Britt was hidden, etc) I'm not sure.

CW said her victim is not the same as the victim in other cases. However, from some of the news reports, this victims seems to me to be the same victim who thought she was going to get a pet hamster but was taken to have sex with another person who has been charged. It's almost like DH was bringing this poor victim around and loaning her out to family members & a family friend, as well as abusing her himself.

Almost a year after Brittney's disappearance...

April 24, 2013,

In this video clip, investigator Detective Eric Winberg, former lead investigator on the family sex abuse investigation in Baldwin County states he believes Brittney is no longer alive and her case is a 'recovery project'.

Video Clip-

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/special-report-missing-brittney

This is a quote from Brittney's story. I don't remember reading this quote until today. The detective is saying that Donnie knew he was looking for Brittney? What does this mean? In my opinion, it is a motive for anyone who did not one Brittney to speak with the lead investigator.

"He was a very smart, charismatic, and manipulative individual. So I truly believe that, again, yes, he knew I was actively searching for her," said Winberg.

?? Actively searching for her? But her Mom knew where she was - didn't they ask Chessie, or did they ask and Chessie said she didn't know?

This is the first I've realized that police might have regarded Brittney as a missing person, long before she went missing. That would explain a lot.

I thought at first Brittney might have been trying to elicit info from the victim on Donnie's behalf - now I'm wondering if Chessie asked Brittney to find out what the victim was saying, and who was being accused.

I just want to bring this forward and remind everyone that Chessie has had full access to Brittney's Facebook and has since deleted messages and things of that nature. That is not speculation, that is fact. Who even knows if Brittney was in fact the person corresponding with the victim and not Chessie (although I do think it was Brittney - but one could go back and view those messages shown on TV and be able to tell based on writing style!).

Always leave room for speculation that Chessie was going into Brittney's FB and reading the messages. Her and Wendy were hell bent into getting passwords for Brittney's phone, voicemail and other stuff.

Unfortunately, I think this is basically confirmation from CW that Britt was murdered (I'm so sorry to write that Steph). When I think about CW's lawyers statements plus that memorial rock that looks like a tombstone, I'm 99.9% certain that CW doesn't just think but knows that Britt was murdered. How much more about it she knows (exactly which family member did it versus covering it up, where Britt was hidden, etc) I'm not sure.

I agree with this completely. Chessie DOES know where Brittney is. If Brittney is no longer among the living, Chessie knows that. If Brittney ran off with the aide of Chessie and Wendy - She knows that too and would stop at nothing to make it seem as though Brittney is deceased.

This is a quote from Brittney's story. I don't remember reading this quote until today. The detective is saying that Donnie knew he was looking for Brittney? What does this mean? In my opinion, it is a motive for anyone who did not one Brittney to speak with the lead investigator.

"He was a very smart, charismatic, and manipulative individual. So I truly believe that, again, yes, he knew I was actively searching for her," said Winberg.

Or it could be enough reason for Brittney to go into hiding if she knew LE wanted to question her. The investigation began in February. Brittney disappeared the end of May. From the same article:

"The search continued as authorities arrested relative after relative in connection to an alleged child sex ring involving Brittney's family and friends. Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing."

"Chessie Wood believes her daughter Brittney knew arrests were coming in a sex crimes investigation before she disappeared."

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/baldwin-county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused

Did she know it was time to leave? Is that why she willingly turned over custody of her daughter?

Remember, the sex crime arrests began two weeks after Brittney disappeared.

My mouth is still hanging open. Suddenly the angle has switched just enough to give us a clearer vision. I knew CW knew something, but now it looks like she really knew.

Actually, I think I have some new hope that Brittney is out there alive.

Donnie didn't commit suicide is what I've believed all along. Who did him in to cover their own behinds? It almost feels like the answer may be in this latest arrest of CW.

Steph, I certainly don't mean to be argumentative, but MPD Cpl. Chris Levy doesn't say it was phone pings. He says it was "information through our investigation". Whatever that information is, it appears it's enough to continue classifying Brittney as a missing person. :fence:

JUNE 22, 2012

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Brittney Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

When Cpl Levy made that statement there was a young lady claiming that she saw Brittney in Grand bay around the time DH was shot. She was DISCREDITED as she was trying to get her ex in trouble with LE and claimed she saw Britt with druggy ex. All was proven false and she admitted she made it all up to try to get him arrested as she felt he would have drugs on him. Yet another statement made by LE not publicly cleared up after proven different.

MOO - I can understand why someone else might have killed Donnie, but I can't imagine they'd harm Brittney. Why would Donnie kill just Brittney then himself? She wasn't his only problem.

It seems like a clever plan to make it look like Donnie committed suicide a day after either killing his own niece or urging her to flee. Apparently, LE still believes the suicide story, but it doesn't make sense to me. Brittney hasn't been found all this time. CW has put on quite a show about it. That bad bad Donnie got all the blame.

My prayers go out to that brave victim, and all the victims of this bunch.

:moo:

When Cpl Levy made that statement there was a young lady claiming that she saw Brittney in Grand bay around the time DH was shot. She was DISCREDITED as she was trying to get her ex in trouble with LE and claimed she saw Britt with druggy ex. All was proven false and she admitted she made it all up to try to get him arrested as she felt he would have drugs on him. Yet another statement made by LE not publicly cleared up after proven different.

Thanks Steph. I'm sure you must shake your head sometimes wondering why we rehash and rehash. Don't let our endless speculation bother you one little bit. Everyone of us wants the same thing: Finding Brittney!!

Just curious, are this young lady's initials JD? There was a poster on a news station Facebook page saying Brittney was seen after Donnie got a bullet to the brain. Now that I think of it there were a few sightings, but IIRC they were also discredited.

If Brittney were to have disappeared voluntarily, I doubt she'd be out riding around in Grand Bay.

:seeya:

Now, here's a question: Where was Paul in all this?

I wonder how Paul fits too. He's paying for Chessie's attorney. I guess he believes in her innocence.

It's easy enough to view his public facebook page. It links right from Chessie's.

https://www.facebook.com/chessie.wood.7?fref=ts

Video of all of them at the beach having fun. Chessie in her bikini...

I see Paul's poor old dog is still hooked to a chain on a patch of dirt. I hate that so much.

What a thoughtless thing to do. Someone in England just got five months in jail for doing that, and boy did the judge tear him off a strip. The 'witness' said he saw a child murder victim walking down the street when in fact she was already dead. He wanted a share of the limelight around the case and his actions delayed police interviewing the killer for two days........unfathomable.

I wonder how Paul fits too. He's paying for Chessie's attorney. I guess he believes in her innocence.

It's easy enough to view his public facebook page. It links right from Chessie's.

https://www.facebook.com/chessie.wood.7?fref=ts

Video of all of them at the beach having fun. Chessie in her bikini...

I see Paul's poor old dog is still hooked to a chain on a patch of dirt. I hate that so much.

I'd no more leave a dog chained to a patch of dirt than I would a child. Dogs are sociable animals who need company and exercise to be happy. Is Paul so busy working he doesn't have time to fix a run for the poor thing?

So when Chessie was proclaiming herself an animal lover, Paul must have known they were both treating their own animal badly and it was an untruth. If he was willingly to stand silent while she put around one untruth, it makes me wonder if he'd do the same if saw her putting around other untruths - about Brittney's disappearance, for example.

ETA: I rescued my own mutt from that exact situation. I've made up for those first few miserable months of his life, but it still makes me mad when I think about his first owners.

Did they ever confiscate or check CW's computer or anyone else's computer to see if anyone had ongoing contact with Brittney now. Someone sending her money to stay hidden or anything? Any relatives she could have been forced to go stay with? Do it for Mom or be framed kind of thing is what I had on my mind.

I get the impression from Steph and what Mr Klaas said, that there just isn't any money to spare in the family, to support someone in hiding.

Though having said that, some members have been able to post large amounts of bail.....

The thing I can't see, is why Brittney would stay in hiding when police have clearly stated she is not wanted for any crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne