AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add - unless you count suicide as fleeing. But I'm not certain about that, either.

I do not think she killed herself nor do I think DH killed her.
I think she left on her own!

Personally I think this case could be closed if they just gave Chessie Wood a polygraph!

This may be a little harsh, but until the day Brittney's Mom is cleared of those charges, I am going to disregard anything she ever said about her daughter's disappearance. In addition, she has everything to gain now, by exploiting her role as a victim (with a missing family member) so I think there is even less reason to listen to her.

Eileen730, I love the way you are so sure Brittney is alive out there - that somehow she was caught up in this mess and is hiding out. I wish I could believe it, but I just can't. Not a single other member of this family fled, though they all knew what was coming. I just don't think they were equipped to take off and start anew.

Their world was horrible, I think, but it was the only world they knew, so they stayed and risked 20/30 year prison sentences. Because it was easier than venturing out into the big, wide world where you might encounter a lot of questions if you start posting photos of a young female relative's feet, for example. You can see how CW and WWH have struggled to cope with how outsiders view some of their behaviour. They have no idea - really, no idea.

That was Brittney's world too. I don't believe she ever considered leaving it, sadly for her. Someone took her out of it, I think.

Hey!

None of the other family members are 20 something years old lol Her brother tried to escape and I believe chessie was trying to HELP him out tooo....
but they were caught!
I think DH gave her some money and took her to the truck stop and told her to never look back....What was going on between these two we will never know I still have that nagging thought he was her father... It would not surprise me one bit.

Like I said All it would take to solve this is for Chessie to take a polygraph I think she knows exactly what happened to her.

Hey!

None of the other family members are 20 something years old lol Her brother tried to escape and I believe chessie was trying to HELP him out tooo....
but they were caught!

I think DH gave her some money and took her to the truck stop and told her to never look back....What was going on between these two we will never know I still have that nagging thought he was her father... It would not surprise me one bit.

Like I said All it would take to solve this is for Chessie to take a polygraph I think she knows exactly what happened to her.

BBM: Oh ... you didn't believe CW's story that DW courageously turned himself in? Hahaha

With this despicable crew and length of time, I don't believe BW is still living but,
since DW apparently hid out at Grandmama Wood's house and apparently with CW's knowledge, ...

have LE checked Grandmama's basement/attic/trailer for BW?

My mind has drawn a blank here but who said Britney was with DH? Was she actually seen with him? Someone besides Chessie Wood.

Brittney is an attractive girl - if she met the right man with the right amount or money, she could totally have a new life. That is what I am hoping for, anyway.

Brittney is an attractive girl - if she met the right man with the right amount or money, she could totally have a new life. That is what I am hoping for, anyway.

What would she have lose?
She already lost custody of her daughter.
No home to speak of.
Crummy sleezy family?
Jail ?

Just to name a few!

Why not start over?

Everyone says she loves her daughter she would not leave her daughter and im sorry Im not buying that.
sure she loves her daughter but did she love her enuff?
She could have changed a lot of things in her life like getting a job school etc etc yet she elected to hang out with Uncle DH. The baby was handed over to the babys father and im sure after this case is totally exposed do u think any children are going to around anyone in this family? I do not think so.

I think BW knew the troubles that were coming they didn't just start the day she went missing these peeps were being investigated for a time so she gave P to her father...and grandparents. Then she knew she had to get out.

She is out there! JMO

What- mathematically- are the chances that Brittney was going to face charges? What are the chances that she would be able- if she so chose- to run away, and stay away all this time? No one else in the family ran.
To me, the probability of either of these things is low, and the probability of both occurring- she was going to face charges and managed to get out of town, and stay out of town- are just tiny.(Well under a single percent, surely?)

To give up custody of a minor child is one thing, (and this is more likely to be ultra responsible/reasonable/even heroic on Brittney's part, given the family), but to run away, not having any contact with the child is quite another. If Brittney did run away, (which I really, really hope she did, but don't believe), surely she would be aware that there was a suspicion around her hometown that she had been murdered, (being internet savvy, even if she ran a long way away), surely then she would drop a postcard in the mail saying she was ok, if only for P's sake? I accept, and embrace, the fact that Brittney wasn't perfect, but she would pretty much have to be a monster to have sexually abused children, then run from LE, abandoning her beloved daughter, and the rest of her family, and then left them thinking she had been a victim of homicide.
I think that Brittney knew monsters, and had been the victim of monsters, but I do not think she was a monster. (Is a monster I guess)

I think her hanging out with DH tells me many things he is after all her favorite uncle. All others in this gang have been arrested what makes bW any different?
She hung out with them she was talking to the victim and I feel she was fishing for info and found out she needed to get away. Jmo.

I get the impression from Steph and other stories that Brittney and P's dad had a very on-again/off-again relationship and she could never really stay away from him for long. He was likely her first real love and the father of her child. I doubt that she'd stay away from P, but I also doubt that she'd be able to go this long without contacting P's daddy.

My mind has drawn a blank here but who said Britney was with DH? Was she actually seen with him? Someone besides Chessie Wood.

IIRC ...

CW said Kourtney said BW told Kourtney that BW was going to visit with DH that night. Hahahaha!

Who actually saw BW and DH together that night? -> I don't believe we have heard anyone state/prove they saw them together that night.

I'd like to see WWH hooked up to a lie detector/cattle prod/thumb screws to see if she saw them together that night due to her unbelievable, middle of the night, FB(!) post about a sick child. JMO

Please, anyone, correct any of the above if wrong. TIA

Granted, this is very early in the case, but after a week of questioning LE can not place Brittney at Styx River. Her phone possibly.

June 09, 2012
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/mobile_police_continue_search.html

Maj. Anthony Lowery, spokesman for the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office, said Friday that deputies checked the area around Waterworld Road on Wednesday and Thursday, but found nothing.

“The road runs parallel to Interstate 10 and is a few hundred yards, at best, off the interstate,” he said. “We don’t know if she was with her cell phone or if she passing through on the interstate.”

Lowery said that deputies have not found any witnesses who recall seeing Wood in Baldwin County.

“We don’t have anything to lead us to believe that she’s in Baldwin County,” Lowery said.

Please refresh my memory, TIA, ...

Who exactly told CW that DH picked up BW at the end of her block or down the road from CW's house?

How was that definitively confirmed?

Ugh! Wish we could be certain about any of the "facts" we've been told/read in this case.

@ Steph: Any chance you have a most reliable/corroborated/definitive facts list in this case you could post? TIA

Please refresh my memory, TIA, ...

Who exactly told CW that DH picked up BW at the end of her block or down the road from CW's house?

How was that definitively confirmed?

Ugh! Wish we could be certain about any of the "facts" we've been told/read in this case.

@ Steph: Any chance you have a most reliable/corroborated/definitive facts list in this case you could post? TIA

I just don't know anymore Quester. It depends on Chessie's version du jour. Here's what she said June 11, 2012

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m going to throw that same question out to Chessie Wood, because you`re Brittany Wood`s mom. We were having audio problems. Chessie, what`s going on here?

WOOD: Well, I do not believe they have a relationship. He was married to my sister. And he was -- he was -- my son has even went to their house a lot.

My sister was at that house with Donnie the Thursday night, that would be June 1st. So we don`t know if she even made it to Don`s. She was not actually seen with Donnie. The reason we`re searching that area is because her phone was pinged there."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

I almost want to ask which one of Brittney's phone pinged at Styx River. Was it the phone that pinged at Grand Bay while's it battery was in Donnie's truck at Fairhope? :banghead:

How could he DH know he the directive was actively searching for he if he was shot in the head? Unless they're looking for her before she went missing g

LE was looking for Brittney, but we don't know why. LE said she was the golden nugget. I should have included this from the same article:

"Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing."

LE was looking for Brittney, but we don't know why. LE said she was the golden nugget. I should have included this from the same article:

"Investigators said they had been looking to talk to Brittney about the sex crimes before she even went missing."

Ah ha!
So her moving around and not staying at Cheissie makes perfect sense.

I read the article thanks!
She knew they were looking to talk to her...
Sorry this young lady left on her own...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member