AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am coming out of lurking so I can post on this case. I have spent the last week or so reading everything public on here about Brittney. This mess boggles my mind and makes me so, so angry!! I pray for her to be found soon (whatever the circumstances may be, but hopefully safe and alive). Her dad and stepmom need some closure about what has happened to this young woman. Her daughter should not have to grow up with questions surrounding her mom's disappearance and the sex abuse crimes.

Anyway. This is my very first post and I just want to say that you all are so encouraging and I am happy to be a part of this forum. There are some incredible people with HUGE hearts behind your screen names!!
Welcome 1HogFan! We are happy to have you here!:seeya:

Ök I remember all that stuff but.....
I do remember the stories changing ,,,didn't she call and Wendy told her DH wasn't there that he was at styx and she would have to get her own ride there?

I am just remembering s many different versions of this story!

Am I just remembering things wrong?

That story was said by WWH. But it was Brittney wanted to come there and WWH told her she either had to come up with gas or her own ride. I believe NOTHING that has come out of that mouth (WWH) and never will!

Hello everyone. I am coming out of lurking so I can post on this case. I have spent the last week or so reading everything public on here about Brittney. This mess boggles my mind and makes me so, so angry!! I pray for her to be found soon (whatever the circumstances may be, but hopefully safe and alive). Her dad and stepmom need some closure about what has happened to this young woman. Her daughter should not have to grow up with questions surrounding her mom's disappearance and the sex abuse crimes.

Anyway. This is my very first post and I just want to say that you all are so encouraging and I am happy to be a part of this forum. There are some incredible people with HUGE hearts behind your screen names!!

:welcome: :seeya:

Sorry for all the posts tonight, but I sure wish we could talk to this lady again about the person she saw that night:

From Seeking the Lost:

"Neighbor Laura Payne says she saw Brittney at the house sitting in a tree swing. 'She had the same body type, the same hair and she just sat there. She didn't move or nothing. She looked over at me and I waved at her and she didn't wave back.'"

I personally think that that WAS Brittney. ETA: I wonder what time she saw her?

I think it was too.... but they said it was just a girl that looked like Brittney!
Yea right!

That woman CLAIMED to the media she saw Brittney or a girl fitting the description on Saturday 6/2/12. But once questioned by BCSO said she couldn't be sure of the day or time. LE said to me/us that they way she was flip flopping her story it leads them to believe that she just wanted to be on TV..SMH

If I'm reading this right DH and Britt's phones were not together in grand bay!!! With DH texting and calling the day after she was last seen makes me think he had nothing to do directly with her disappearance!!! The thought that someone would disappear a family member to save their own disgusting doings makes me feel I'll!!!!

That woman CLAIMED to the media she saw Brittney or a girl fitting the description on Saturday 6/2/12. But once questioned by BCSO said she couldn't be sure of the day or time. LE said to me/us that they way she was flip flopping her story it leads them to believe that she just wanted to be on TV..SMH

Well what if she did see her and was persuaded to say otherwise?

Have U spoken to her Steph?
I just think it might be worth ruling her out personally! Just a thought!

It really is a pain in the you know what that her story had too change. If it would have stayed the same then she would have been a great witness. But now even if she is telling the truth I don't think LE would believe her.

That is TERRIBLE!! This case is murky and convoluted enough without the mess of perfect strangers making up sightings of Brittney.

It's strange that she chose that scenario, still. She was sitting on a tire swing and I waved and she didn't wave back. Pretty detailed; this girl could've just said, "Yes, I saw her that night over at the house." I guess they must have pressed her for details and she made up that junk. Can't she be charged with hindering an investigation? That little tidbit about the tire swing definitely made it through the media rounds.

Stephanie, I hope you're holding up as best as you can. So many of us here have you in our daily thoughts and prayers.

If I'm reading this right DH and Britt's phones were not together in grand bay!!! With DH texting and calling the day after she was last seen makes me think he had nothing to do directly with her disappearance!!! The thought that someone would disappear a family member to save their own disgusting doings makes me feel I'll!!!!

But his phone DID ping in Tillman's Corner with hers, and the next pings show her in Grand Bay (very close to Tillman's Corner) and him somewhere in Baldwin County. Very confusing.

ETA: so their phones did make it back from Styx River together to Tillman's Corner. The mystery is how did Brittney's phone ping near a truck stop in Grand Bay?
You'd think that info would make me believe more that she disappeared out of her own will, but I don't think that she did. I don't think she could stay away from her daughter for that long...and her family and her hometown are all she knows. I doubt she's been out of Alabama except for the bordering states, perhaps. I just can't imagine that she would stay gone this long, unless she -- God forbid, and I really don't think she was -- was one of the abusers. Being a victim who told on her predator and who went to court (and submitted herself to invasive vaginal exams) to convict him...I just can't see her abusing children.

I don't think she cared!
She knew the problems that were on the horizon1

Maybe she felt relief as well? I read that Chessie has known DH since she was 6. My gut feeling is that he has had control over this entire family for a very, very long time...and there may be a great sense of "Thank God he's gone." She also may have thought that there couldn't be a huge court case with him dead.

I also think she was lying about staying the night with Donnie and the kids the night BW went missing, and lying about most everything afterwards. So is she covering her own butt or covering Donnie's?

I wouldn't be posting on facebook if my husband died suddenly. I wouldn't be changing profile pictures and playing games, etc. I would be utterly bereft; my head would be GONE. I think she's a life-long victim, though, and I know that their actions don't tend to sync with their feelings.

Welcome to you, and Winnie the Pooh. And thank you for joining Brittney's thread - it is lovely to see new posters here, because this young lady really needs to come home and the more help, the better.

Do you have any ideas? If so, please share. Sometimes fresh eyes are really enlightening.

IMO, and I think Brittney would feel the same way, just because LE says you are not wanted for any crime, it does not necessarily mean it's true. And isn't Chessie the one that claimed she wasn't in any trouble? Has LE actually said she wasn't?

Someone bumped a post much earlier for me, quoting LE saying Brittney was not wanted for any crime. I think it was Steph.There's no hope I'll find it in the next week, but I absolutely remember the quote, because I hadn't seen it before and it seemed very clear.

Does anyone else recall it?

Someone bumped a post much earlier for me, quoting LE saying Brittney was not wanted for any crime. I think it was Steph.There's no hope I'll find it in the next week, but I absolutely remember the quote, because I hadn't seen it before and it seemed very clear.

Does anyone else recall it?

It was Chessie. I went over all the old news reports the other night and there is video of Chessie saying that she "done checked and you're not in any trouble." I recall that she started by saying, "Brittney, honey --" and I thought "ugh." After reading what I have about BW's upbringing, I'm sure she's just "honey" for the media.

ETA -- Whoops, you meant "who bumped the post." I'm more brain dead than usual this evening. I wish I could find that video again.

One person I've wondered about a lot in all of this is MWK. Seems she got temp. custody of Chessie's youngest kids after they were born with drugs in their systems, and hasn't been implicated in any of the crimes yet...could she be the lone innocent one in all of this?

PH Jr.'s fb is public and he seems to be getting on just fine. Hanging out with friends, posting things often...it's odd but not surprising to me slomehow.

I just wonder often how the ones out of jail are faring. What could RSW be thinking these days? He seemed like the only clear voice of reason...and he's the one who reported the abuse, yet he was arrested for being a part of it. No details have been released about his specific crimes, have they?

I also want to bring something else up again: I wish we could get a copy of DH's autopsy report. I'm dying to know if there were cuts, scratches or bruises on him, and if there was gun powder residue on his hand.
I'm still shocked that MWK has not been charged with anything. She had to have known something! MWK and her husband were with too tight with WWH and DH for her to not know. I'm thinking some other friends knew also.:stormingmad:

I'm still shocked that MWK has not been charged with anything. She had to have known something! MWK and her husband were with too tight with WWH and DH for her to not know. I'm thinking some other friends knew also.:stormingmad:

I totally agree with you! Instead, she seems to be getting temporary custody of all the kids every time DHR gets involved -- where is DK living? (When he was re-arrested for tampering with his ankle band -- which I believe he did; I think the "neighbor in the trailer" who vouched for him that he didn't go over there in the middle of the night was the "friend" who appears in many photos with all of them -- it said that his wife testified that he has Muscular Dystrophy and couldn't get out of bed??? He sure managed to rape children and make court appearances.) On the other hand, social media suggests that MWK's child (I thought there was more than one?) is not with her.

Thank you. It wasn't that one though. It was a direct quote from Police, saying Brittney wasn't wanted for any crime. I'll try and find it.

No, I have not spoken to her personally. But your right might be worth a shot.

Thank you. It wasn't that one though. It was a direct quote from Police, saying Brittney wasn't wanted for any crime. I'll try and find it.

Yes, when we had our first meeting with LE about the case. CW asked was Brittney wanted for anything? I assumed she was talking about having said gun being under age and they said "they" didn't have any warrants for her on traffic division did. But who knows they might have been blowing smoke to see if we were hiding Britt.

Steph, I passed through on I-10 going to Destin last week. Driving across the bay, I couldn't help but think of your family & Brittney. It's been way too long that that sweet baby has been without her mommy. I hope she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx