Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True she may be guilty of those things but I didn’t ask about a hoax or her ignorance or attention getting ideas. I think premeditation takes some intelligence and planning. I don’t think she thought any of it through. She is quite disturbed and the only thing she gets out of it all is that she may be arrested.
She clearly planned it. Her internet searches tell the story, imo.

LOL. Did the Chief say that they were found in the car? I can't remember. I think that the Cheez-Its were gone. I think that the Chief said that Carlee said that the lady kidnapper fed her Cheese crackers on Saturday morning. If so, at last, it was probably something that she liked.

I want to know where the robe and the toilet paper are. If they can't find the robe, I suspect that there has to be someone else that helped her.

JMO.
She did say that the lady fed her cheez itz. But she also said she never saw the lady. So maybe she fed them to her while she was blindfolded, but not tied up, I’m the car after her escape attempt? IMO

Every case should be taken seriously, and caring about those cases makes you a human being. You should never have to apologize for that. But situations like this infuriate me because they only waste law enforcement resources and take the spotlight away from legitimate cases where families are desperate for help and attention for their missing loved ones. That's what angers me.

I didn't say she is too traumatized to speak. I said she is a 25 year old adult. How are her parents going to FORCE her to speak with anyone?

That’s the stated reason she hasn’t spoken to the police dept again - she was too traumatized.

Ironically I thought she came across as quite flippant in the recorded 911 call, not at all traumatized in the way one might be after observing a toddler on the side of a heavily trafficked freeway. JMO

whelp, after that presser I have zero doubt this was a hoax perpetrated for some reason known only to Ms. Russell. I hope she gets the help for whatever is troubling her and caused her to go to such extreme lengths as this.

I don't think there is much more I can add to this conversation so I will see y'all on another thread.

I wonder if she left the wig purposely so people wouldn't recognize her. She very well might have been cruising around town in broad daylight with someone or on foot and thought no one would know it was her right off the bat. I also wonder if she had any idea she was all over the news or if she was hiding out thinking it wouldn't have been that big of a story so quickly.

N
I'll always give a victim the benefit of the doubt like I did at first in this case until obvious proof it was fake came out.
and this is how it should always be. Believe unless there’s no reason to
I am sure Carlee didn’t mean for this story to get as big as it did, but I am also sure that any reasonable parent would have had serious questions these last couple of days when the parents have still been vocally referring to abductors etc and saying they won’t tolerate attacks.

By all means support your daughter, but you can surely see something is not right with her story, so go away and privately help her to move on from whatever has happened.

This case is a reminder for me why most missing adult stories don’t become big news unless there is some serious reason to suspect foul play or other harm. This is nothing to do with people not caring but simply basic facts about life. Most missing adults in any demographic you care to name have left voluntarily, and will return voluntarily, within a few days or a couple of weeks. I think the only reason this got so much attention was the detail about the missing child by the side of the road, which unfortunately doesn’t seem to have been correct for whatever reason — it played into fears a lot of the public have.
and maybe that’s happening now, esp with today’s details. We aren’t privy into their lives. They aren’t going to tell us everything necessarily.

Literally the facts are that she planned this. She did it. She is an adult who chose this. So why are people Blaming the parents who had nothing to do with this?

Again, adult children can do many things as adult children, whether we like to admit that or not. Teenagers can do the same. We do not know how she was raised, and all we’ve seen on tv are parents who believed their daughter-as many of us did here to some extent. No one here knows them by just what they see on TV-so there shouldn’t be any comments making assumptions about their parenting. People do many things without being brought up “entitled,” “enabled,” or “spoiled.”

that’s too close to victim blaming. IMO. For all we know, the parents were conned by their own daughter. Leave the blame on her, where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn