Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
False report to police is a Class A misdemeanor. 2012 Code of Alabama :: Title 13A - CRIMINAL CODE. :: Chapter 10 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. :: Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities..

Arguably she could have two charges there (call to 911 and her statement to police about her kidnapping)

Any theft charge would be based on how much the items are valued at that she took and any cash if she took some
She's looking at another misdeameanor there if less than $500.. if more than $500 then it goes up to a felony.

It will be interesting to see what charges, if any, are brought.

Why in the fresh hell would someone do this. How humiliating for her parents. I'm wondering if they raised her this way.

Looking forward to the 911 call transcript, i cannot hear it well
I think my comments on why someone would do this were deleted, but having had a brother with a certain condition who behaved exactly this way including stealing toiletries and amenities it fits his behavior to a T. After my brother died I’ve been gradually donating a lot of his things and I’ve made the grim joke after donating a bunch of glassware that all the local restaurants and bars can go to the thrift store and get back a lot of their glassware now, plus cloth napkins, an apron, salt and pepper shakers, etc. My brother had three spa robes, towels from hotels and his private club that he got kicked out of, etc. He had a storage unit with a lot of things like motel soap. He loved that kind of stuff. I can’t explain it other than he had a certain condition and did this kind of stuff for years.

Especially after she googled it wanting to know about the age limit for one. Just makes no sense at all that she still went down that road. And for what?
That's the reason a toddler was brought into this tale. She googled and learned she was too old for an Amber Alert, but a 3-4 year old is perfect.

I've been following along with this case from the beginning but haven't commented much because after viewing all her social media, the highway video and learning about the theft at work I didn't have much to say that fit in with the victim friendly TOS. My opinions only.

She stole from her job. She made a false report. She wasted lots of money in city services and resources. She wasted 49 hours of her neighbors in the community's precious time and lives searching for her!

She deserves jail time.
IMO I’d be satisfied if they just took her to jail, arrested/booked her, held her there for a minimum of at least the typical few hours someone needs to wait before bonding out and then slapped her with a ton of community service and maybe a required mental health evaluation, classes, therapy etc.

I have personally been arrested before. (misdemeanor possession of marijuana; this happened 8 years ago when I was 18) I can say for a fact that being arrested and booked absolutely terrified me and clearly communicated that I was in trouble, even though I was only in jail for 4 hours. (Later had to do community service, pay a fine, etc)

I think Carlee needs to be scared straight, for lack of a better word, but I don’t want to see her rot in jail. I would like to see her realize the severity of her actions and get help to change her behavior, as well as he required to give back directly to the community.

JMO

IMO there was no "lady".
Oh I agree. I don’t think there was a baby or semi trailer either IMO I’m afraid to say what I really think. I already had people coming at me for saying this made no sense and that the boyfriend just randomly inserted himself IMO. I don’t have the energy to deal with those people right now

She did say that the lady fed her cheez itz. But she also said she never saw the lady. So maybe she fed them to her while she was blindfolded, but not tied up, I’m the car after her escape attempt? IMO

And the lady played with her hair too? Must be why the wig got tossed.

The abductor didn’t use restraints on her so it wouldn’t leave marks on her wrist. Absolutely absurd, as if it’s okay to kidnap someone as long as you don’t mark up their wrists.

If they had a lawyer, the lawyer would not have told them to go on the Today show. If they had a lawyer who okay'd it, he or she would've been sitting there with them.
Oh I would bet money that they have an advisor telling them what to do. Probably with a law degree but definitely a PR person. Just my Opinion. They probably were with them off camera. They are just not an honest advisor.

Her mom already knew she was picking that food up. Nobody knew she was getting snacks from target. She wanted everyone to believe she was kidnapped. A kidnapper is not going to let you grab your food first IMO
I was joking about taking the Cheezits and not the good food. I'm well aware that kidnappers don't let you grab food, that is one of the many reasons I called this BS to begin with. I've been here awhile. I didn't just fall off of the 18 wheeler.

I was joking about taking the Cheezits and not the good food. I'm well aware that kidnappers don't let you grab food, that is one of the many reasons I called this BS to begin with. I've been here awhile. I didn't just fall off of the 18 wheeler.
I knew what you meant. I was just pointing out how she thought she could outsmart everyone IMO

For those of you who believed and defended her, don’t feel badly. You just have a good heart. I have a naturally skeptical, thickened heart and I have a tendency to look for inaccuracies and fault from the get go.

But it’s a healthy balance. It takes all kinds of people to make the world to ‘round and good hearted, kind people are needed to balance people like me out. ❤️

Was there some report of her being allowed to grab food after she was allegedly kidnapped otherwise, I don't understand your point of being able to call BS about that.

False report to police is a Class A misdemeanor. 2012 Code of Alabama :: Title 13A - CRIMINAL CODE. :: Chapter 10 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. :: Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities..

Arguably she could have two charges there (call to 911 and her statement to police about her kidnapping)

Any theft charge would be based on how much the items are valued at that she took and any cash if she took some
She's looking at another misdeameanor there if less than $500.. if more than $500 then it goes up to a felony.

It will be interesting to see what charges, if any, are brought.
Don't forget that something else may have happened that may or may not have direct LE involvement. Remember the brief enounter?

For those of you who believed and defended her, don’t feel badly. You just have a good heart. I have a naturally skeptical, thickened heart and I have a tendency to look for inaccuracies and fault from the get go.

But it’s a healthy balance. It takes all kinds of people to make the world to ‘round and good hearted, kind people are needed to balance people like me out. ❤️

The part about the missing toddler was odd, but I thought it possible she was abducted, now it seems less likely to do true after all. Weird case!

I wondered what Carrot Top had been up to lately.

Anyone catch who was that comical character GH referred to with the orange face and white smock and why he though Carlee more or less had a lightbulb moment and simply repeated the description to police, except switched the colour of the face and hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—