Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we know about toilet paper, Google searches, wig, six footballs fields, movie Taken, amber alert search....... This was the most unorganized, slopy fake abduction...
At least her parents can rejoice with the fact that she isn't a criminal mastermind? Or maybe they're sad/mad that she had to be so careless?

"It's very hard for me to understand how a toddler can walk 6 football fields"
Faster than a car can drive.

This isn't Carlee's first rodeo. I can not imagine the type of dramatic behavior, flamboyant behavior, that she's been successful enough in the past to even think she could get away with this. Boundaries clearly do not exist for this woman.

LOL. Did the Chief say that they were found in the car? I can't remember. I think that the Cheez-Its were gone. I think that the Chief said that Carlee said that the lady kidnapper fed her Cheese crackers on Saturday morning. If so, at least, it was probably something that she liked.

I want to know where the robe and the toilet paper are. If they can't find the robe, I suspect that there has to be someone else that helped her.

JMO.
Question for y'all: If she wasn't in wrist restraints, why did the lady feed her the cheez-its?
Cheez-It cravings on the rise today, too. I gave up carbs a decade ago and those were my favorite.

She stole from her job. She made a false report. She wasted lots of money in city services and resources. She wasted 49 hours of her neighbors in the community's precious time and lives searching for her!

She deserves jail time.
I will be surprised if she gets jail time. If her parents are smart, they will get her into therapy and get her a lawyer to negotiate a plea deal that involves some sort of monetary restitution as well as community service and probation.

I don't know if any of you remember the case of the "runaway bride," Jennifer Wilbanks, who said that she was kidnapped.

"...Wilbanks repeated the false claims that fell apart under FBI interrogation resulting in a felony indictment of providing false information to law enforcement...As part of her plea bargain, she was sentenced to two years of probation and 120 hours of community service, and she was also ordered to pay $2,250 in restitution to the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department...a misdemeanor charge of filing a false police report was dismissed. Wilbanks's criminal record was expunged after her probation ended."

Runaway bride case - Wikipedia

JMO.

Last edited:
Detectives have asked to speak to Carlee again, but they have been denied. They say they have many questions remaining, but they say they do not believe there is any threat to the public at this time.

RIGHT NOW: #CarleeRussell press conference: "This investigation is not over." Surveillance video show Carlee concealed items from her business like toilet paper. She ordered food and then went to Target to buy more food. She stayed at the shopping center until driving to I-459. Investigators now playing the 911 call Carlee made to police on the night of her disappearance.

In the 911 call, you can hear Carlee speak to the dispatcher. Carlee tells the dispatcher that a toddler, around 3-4 years old, is walking southbound on the interstate. She says she can see them and the dispatcher says to keep an eye on them until police could arrive.

Dispatcher tells her to put her hazards on and Carlee tells dispatcher that toddler does not look injured. She says the toddler is a boy wearing a white t-shirt and a diaper with no pants on. Carlee discloses her full name to the dispatcher and the car she is driving.

Carlee says the Toddler is not wearing shoes. Dispatcher says to continue to keep eyes on the child and the phone call ends. Back at the presser, police officials say that Carlee calls her family before disappearing. Police say Carlee's 911 call is the only witness account of a toddler on the interstate.

Data from Carlee's phone shows she traveled approximately 600 yards while on the phone with 911. That is six football fields straight that the toddler would have had to walk.

The items #CarleeRussell purchased from Target nor the stuff she stole from her job were found near the vehicle. A drone unit, investigators all came in to assist in the search for Carlee. K9 teams came to check for signs of Carlee. Those searches, of course, turned up empty.

At 10:44pm on July 15, 911 dispatcher receives call saying she returned home on foot. Surveillance footage shows her walk up the sidewalk alone. She was conscious and speaking to paramedics when being transported. She told detectives that she saw a baby on the road when a man came out of the trees, picked her up and that's when she screamed. She says he forced her into the back of an 18-wheeler. She said she heard the voice of a female, but never saw her. She says she fled on foot before being captured again. She was blindfolded but not tied up as to not leave impressions on wrists. She says he was forced to take naked pictures but never had any sexual contact. She claims she was able to escape a moving vehicle when in the west Hoover area. Carlee has a small injury to her lip and she said her head was hurting. Carlee had $107 in her right sock. Detectives at this time did not press Carlee any further at this time to give her time to rest.

On July 11, the term "do you have to pay for an amber alert" were searched. Also the term, "how to take money from a register without being caught" were searched. On the day of her disappearance, "Birmingham bus station" was searched. Also, a one way bus ticket to Nashville was searched with a July 13 departure date.

Detectives have asked to speak to Carlee again, but they have been denied. They say they have many questions remaining, but they say they do not believe there is any threat to the public at this time.

"She is not ready to talk" is what detectives have been told.

Question for y'all: If she wasn't in wrist restraints, why did the lady feed her the cheez-its?
Cheez-It cravings on the rise today, too. I gave up carbs a decade ago and those were my favorite.
Maybe, because she had a blindfold over her eyes, and the lady was being compassionate. Also, the lady was probably also used to feeding her 4-year-old toddler. I wonder if he was still around. I didn't hear anything about him after he was used as bait to snag her??

JMO.

Pfft...If parents are believing what CR is selling, they'd admit her to a care facility to assist the fragile daughter with her recovery in an effort to prevent another Alabama daughter from being captured by ginger-haired Blinky.

Recall the mother also saying she couldn't hug/touch, talk to CR when she first arrived home (and sounds like she still can't). Yeah, these parents have been played multiple times before July 15. JMO
BBM: mother probably thinks she would not be able to restrain herself if she got too close to her.

At least her parents can rejoice with the fact that she isn't a criminal mastermind? Or maybe they're sad/mad that she had to be so careless?
Maybe both. My hope is both-mad and angry about how careless and reckless she was doing this to many people. By now they have to see everything

Nobody's saying trafficking is a myth. This scenario is just not how trafficking occurs, period. I'll post this link once again because I think it's very important for people to know what human trafficking looks like.

People think trafficking is like the movie TAKEN, where the victim is tied up and duct taped and put in the back of a van, driven to a remote location and...
RSBM

Still catching up but... you win the post of the day, hands down. :cool:

That's the reason a toddler was brought into this tale. She googled and learned she was too old for an Amber Alert, but a 3-4 year old is perfect.

I've been following along with this case from the beginning but haven't commented much because after viewing all her social media, the highway video and learning about the theft at work I didn't have much to say that fit in with the victim friendly TOS. My opinions only.
She wanted an Amber Alert because she wanted everyone to believe she had been abducted with the child!?
My God, she‘s in even worse shape than I was already thinking.

Can you imagine going to this length just to spin the story that you lost your job and failed/dropped school because of trauma?
That's brutal.

This is nothing. When Chandler Halderson's parents were finally figuring out he had no job and dropped out of school, he murdered them and burned their bodies in the fireplace.

For those of you who believed and defended her, don’t feel badly. You just have a good heart. I have a naturally skeptical, thickened heart and I have a tendency to look for inaccuracies and fault from the get go.

But it’s a healthy balance. It takes all kinds of people to make the world to ‘round and good hearted, kind people are needed to balance people like me out. ❤️
Glad we can all discuss our differing views and remain (for the most part) civil. It would 100% not go down that way on Reddit lol
I had come to the conclusion that (in my opinion) that she may have been pregnant and had gotten an abortion during that 48 hours.

I suppose it would be okay for me to make this statement because it has now been said (press conference) she took items from her work ie: the robe and toilet paper.

She is not ready to talk? She shouldn't be given that option.
In all fairness, they can’t and shouldn’t try to force her to talk. She has the right not to say anything to further incriminate herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321