Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of things have been said by friends and family (who may very well simply be saying what they genuinely think to be correct and may or may not have the relevant information), we will see where the police investigation lands.

True. IMO it’s to be expected that friends and family rally around Carlee and her immediate family, sort of an honour code that I’ve noticed in other instances.

Even if their deepest feelings are to the contrary, it’s as if it’s a display of loyalty for them to support the prevailing theory. That’s actually a good thing especially if there are any dark clouds on the horizon as a supportive social network can be crucial.

Adding to her stress, she also had a brief interaction ( cause unknown)with a Police Deparment earlier in the day.
In the beginning, it seemed that brief encounter could have been renewing her driver's license, tags & registration, etc. It may turn out to be more related to her disappearance after all. Wishing only the best for her. Seems she has a great family that will help her through this.

In the beginning, it seemed that brief encounter could have been renewing her driver's license, tags & registration, etc. It may turn out to be more related to her disappearance after all. Wishing only the best for her. Seems she has a great family that will help her through this.
I hope that the family will listen to both sides.

Which part was fake per the mother? That Carlee didn't call the family and say she was at RRI? Or did she say that a RRI employee calling 911 and reporting 6 cars of family members there looking for Carlee was fake? Did RRI deny calling in? Did LE also refute all of the above?

Honest questions, I am behind and haven't listened through the Today interview in its entirety.
"There is one terrible and heartless hoax we want to address out of several. I received a text at some point from someone claiming to be Carlee and that she was at the Red Roof Inn. However, when my family went there and knocked on doors and looked for her and there was no indication Carlee was there, nor that she had ever been there. Any further questions or comments about the case will need to be directed to Hoover Police or the ABI," the statement concludes.

"There is one terrible and heartless hoax we want to address out of several. I received a text at some point from someone claiming to be Carlee and that she was at the Red Roof Inn. However, when my family went there and knocked on doors and looked for her and there was no indication Carlee was there, nor that she had ever been there. Any further questions or comments about the case will need to be directed to Hoover Police or the ABI," the statement concludes.

Thank you! Well, that's interesting. How would someone be able to text from Carlee's phone (and not be Carlee)? Especially now that it was mentioned that her phone was not in the car. What about the actual dispatcher or scanner call discussing it? Definitely leads to more questions.

Reading this quote, I want to post a news story from Georgia, in the Atlanta area. Maybe something similar happened as far as the call from Red Roof Inn?

But, how could the family know if she was there or not by just knocking on doors? If she would've said the police did a thorough search of the hotel would make more sense. If CR was there with abductor, why would they open door?

Thank you! Well, that's interesting. How would someone be able to text from Carlee's phone (and not be Carlee)? Especially now that it was mentioned that her phone was not in the car. What about the actual dispatcher or scanner call discussing it? Definitely leads to more questions.
The mother said “a person claiming to be Carlee.” It could have been a message from any number saying “this is Carlee” — she could plausibly be using someone else’s phone or somehow acquired a new one.

It’s not clear how a random person would have the mother’s number to text, but as suggested upthread it may have been shared on social media or similar asking for updates.

There are of course other explanations for how this happened but I’ll wait and see.

All that would be needed is any random or burner phone and know the number you are texting. The mother didn't say it came from Carlee's phone, just that it was someone claiming to be her.

But, how could the family know if she was there or not by just knocking on doors? If she would've said the police did a thorough search of the hotel would make more sense. If CR was there with abductor, why would they open door?
Did the police go to the Red Roof Inn? I feel like so many things have happened and been said, I can't keep track.

I'm assuming the text came from the hoaxer's phone, or a "borrowed" one, or a computer at a library or wherever, or burner phone. Maybe so called "Carlee" also texted I lost my phone, or some such.
People take advantage and think it's a joke and a thrill to lead on those who are desperate.

(I remember when I helped a man look for his beloved lost dog for example, we received a call to meet at a corner, caller had the dog.......no one there, no dog, but we saw a couple of people watching us from an apartment window nearby....laughing)

The phone ownership was unspecified in her statement.

I'm assuming the text came from the hoaxer's phone, or a "borrowed" one, or a computer at a library or wherever, or burner phone. Maybe so called "Carlee" also texted I lost my phone, or some such.
People take advantage and think it's a joke and a thrill to lead on those who are desperate.

(I remember when I helped a man look for his beloved lost dog for example, we received a call to meet at a corner, caller had the dog.......no one there, no dog, but we saw a couple of people watching us from an apartment window nearby....laughing)
Cruelty is endemic.
I hope that caller is caught and prosecuted.

Reading this quote, I want to post a news story from Georgia, in the Atlanta area. Maybe something similar happened as far as the call from Red Roof Inn?

This exact same thing happened to a family I know. Son was in jail, needed bail money. The dad was scammed out of $30,000 !!

It's possible they hadn't yet investigated Carlee's activities or whereabouts BEFORE the interstate scene.
At the Target, did she speak with anyone besides personnel, was she with anyone, did she buy other things besides the snacks, did she use her phone..etc. Who knows, there COULD be a clue to something leading up to the disappearance.
If she went to Target I'm sure LE knows pretty much everything she did while there, what she purchased, etc. I think Target has a massive amount of security cameras. I always feel like if something is going to happen to you, hopefully it happens at a Target or Walmart cause it will most likely be on camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy