Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Reaction score
Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.(Source: Hoover Police)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Hoover Police say on July 13, around 9:30 p.m., the Hoover 911 Center received a call from a 25-year-old woman on I-459 South near mile marker 11 who reported she saw a toddler walking on the side of the interstate.

After calling 911, the woman stopped to check on the child and called a family member to report the same details. The family member lost contact with her, but the line remained open.

Police say officers who were already en route to the location of the initial 911 call located the female’s vehicle and some of her belongings nearby, but were unable to find her or a child in the area. Hoover Police have not received any other calls of someone missing a small child.

Detectives are currently investigating this incident and are requesting the public’s assistance to help locate the missing person. She is identified as Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, a 25-year-old black female who is 5′4, 150-160 pounds.

Authorities say Russell was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and white Nike shoes.

Anyone who believes they may have seen Russell or may have any information about this case is asked to call Detective Brad Fountain at 205-444-7562.

According to Hoover Police, Carlethia “Carlee” Russell called police to report a toddler walking on the side of I-459 near Exit 10 around 9:30 pm on Thursday. Russell then called a family member to tell them she was stopping to check on the child.

When police arrived in the area they located Russell’s car and some of her belongings nearby, but did not find her or a child.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
STOP with the bickering, personalizing, victim blaming and speculation grounded in facts not known at this point in the case. ETA: Bringing race, politics, religion or sexual orientation into a discussion that has nothing to do with any one of these things turns into an argument very quickly. You will receive 2 warning points that remain on your user account indefinitely.

Thanks!

Everyone wondering why LE doesn't haul her in to the station and question her or force her to answer questions? They can arrest her if they are ready to arrest her for a crime. Otherwise, they can't force her to come to the station. And whether she is arrested or not, she cannot, in no way shape or form, be forced to answer questions. This is the US. We have 5th amendment rights.

I did believe Carlee was missing at first, and felt worried for her and her family.

But very quickly, things did not add up. Then the traffic cam came out and it didn’t make sense with her story.

A badly crafted narrative has fallen apart in the face of the facts.

I feel for her parents. Imo it’s entirely possible that they completely believed her.

My own child lied about some things as an adult, and I believed her because she was my child and it didn’t occur to me that she was lying, for her own reasons.

That is a very, very difficult thing to endure. I had to face facts when they became glaring and I imagine her parents are in the same situation now. However, since they are in the public eye, (something which I suspect Carlee did not intend), they may well choose to avoid answering or choose to say they still believe her.

I do think that she stole and filed a false report, so maybe the law will come for her.

IMO the google searches that LE won’t reveal, out of respect for Carlee’s privacy, are the answer to the “why“ of it all.

JMO

ETA: thanks, @CamilleBSP, I edited to fix.

Last edited:
Replying to a post in the last thread from @LaLaw2000

They have the right to detain her for questioning if she’s actually under arrest. But up until that point, she has the right to stay quiet. (ETA: she has the right not to talk regardless, but they can’t try to compel her to if she’s not being detained) IMO, I think they are handling this very professionally and want to finish their investigation and make 100% sure they have probable cause for an arrest before making one. Carlee isn’t a danger to the public and it doesn’t seem like she’s a flight risk either, given that she ultimately returned home and is reliant on her family for support. They may be keeping tabs on her current whereabouts.

As for stealing from her job, I would imagine any charges related to theft likely depends on whether or not her employer wants to press charges. I am not a lawyer so someone correct me if I’m wrong on that. They may also want to wait until the investigation is over. I doubt they are enjoying the notoriety they’re getting from a former employee being involved in a scandal like this.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member