Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute respect for Hoover AL PD.
Sad and concerned for Carlee.
i think she is extraordinarily vulnerable and I hope a close eye is being kept upon her.

Public humiliation at this level is likely to drive her deeper into whatever problem she has.
Her nursing career is over, she will be unable to find any kind of work now.

I think for her own sake and the sake of the resources she has abused that it would be best if she received a custodial sentence with appropriate psychiatric care and a rehab programme geared for former prisoners will be her best chance to restart her life.

She's still a victim, a victim of her own delusions and cruel words won't do anything except add to her problems.

I feel utter compassion for her parents.
I do believe they believed her.
I hope they, too, get the love and support that they need.

There are no winners and Carlee is the biggest loser.
Even though she created this situation.

I'm also concerned about all the others who never get a thread or a mention on MSM, the victims who are not believed and all the unfound.
Calling her a victim is gross at this point. It diminishes people who are actually victims. She did this to herself

The timestamps are in the timezone of the person that's seeing the tweets.
Thank you and I'm aware of this but I didn't expect the time zone to be adjusted for the viewer when I post on WS using my laptop, and when the tweets were posted via copy/paste (no Twitter app), whereas posting on WS from my phone, also using the Twitter app, I just link the tweet and it's embedded in my post. However, if my actual post was adjusted to viewer's time zone on the WS thread, then this is a new development! :)

Seeing some of her tweets posted in this thread, I hope she gets the help she needs with mental health. I agree this is someone who felt ignored/didn't feel valued enough, and acted out in an extraordinary manner to generate that attention/value. Hopefully this reorients her into the most helpful direction and she goes on to live a satisfying, fulfilling life.

Huge props to the Hoover PD in the professionalism and thoroughness of their investigation. They went above and beyond and that inspires confidence in investigators and police forces.

This makes me so sad. She was having some Serious mental health crisis. I hope that she gets the help she needs. Poor woman.

Until there are more facts released, I'm going to continue to believe that mental health crisis is NOT an excuse for bad behavior. This was premeditated and there is no indication that she was in any kind of true crisis. JMO

Maybe it's already been posted, but if the 911 call is 2 minutes long (??), then the car was covering 15 FEET per SECOND while she was on the phone with dispatch. That seems an unlikely walking pace for a toddler to keep up for so long, even if she and the child were separated by a gap that was closing, and the child wasn't (of course) walking at a fixed pace compared to her.
That's 10.2 miles per hour. That's a 6 minute mile pace. Pretty good for toddler in diaper, even if "they" are as big as a four year old.

We finally see a national response for a woman of color and we get this nonsense. What a shame.

This is an excellent, yet a sad, point. I will say, though, that she was also young and gorgeous. Wake me up when we care about people who aren't. Though by "we," I absolutely do not mean people on this site, who are lovely and caring about people of all races, ages, genders, etc. It's a special place here.

Until there are more facts released, I'm going to continue to believe that mental health crisis is NOT an excuse for bad behavior. This was premeditated and there is no indication that she was in any kind of true crisis. JMO

Are personality disorders mental illness? I mean, clearly something is going on with this woman. Normal people do't do this.

Anyone who messes with children, in any way, needs to have the book thrown at them my opinion. If this woman has indeed misreported a child abduction whatever it is...they should throw the book at her.

Is there a punishment for precipitating a false amber alert? Maybe she should have been googling that??? And is she saying a white man and woman with a kid held her? I think I read that...

I'm not victim bashing LE has said her story doesn't add up.

Last edited:
I just hope it wasn't to become a SM influencer.
I doubt it.
i do think she was seeking attention though but I'm not sure who her target was.
She could have brought a robe from her own home, saved up money, parked up her vehicle safely and taken a plane..
Instead she chose the most convoluted possible mechanism.
This is disordered thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member