Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They ask for license plates if you're gonna use their parking spots. Nothing weird here.
Okay. We have used valet parking and self parking; and I don't recall them asking for our license plate numbers?? We normally fly to our destination and have rental cars. I know that my husband would not know the license plate of any rental car!

In any case, I believe the posters who say that they have had to give their license plate numbers and the ones who said that they have had to use the same credit cards as the ones used to reserve the room. We just haven't had those same experiences. :)

JMO.

Last edited:
I did get a Computer Science degree. It was back in the IBM Mainframe/COBOL days. Without that degree, I would not have had the ability to work for big telecommunications companies in that field. I later earned my MBA which taught me quite a bit about business and finance. So, I feel that education is the key to success if you apply yourself when you are in school.

My recommendation to kids of today is to work on degrees that can be used in the business world (i.e., business, computer science, engineering, medical). Unless you are going to get a doctorate in Psychology, it probably is hard to get a decent paying job. That's just my opinion.

I'm not sure Carlee really wanted to be a Nurse or if her Psychology degree may have had credits that pushed her in that direction. From her 2020 post, it sounded like she applied to several Nursing programs and was rejected. Do you get rejected because of your grades? What are the requirements for getting into Nursing school?

JMO.
O/T: My husband is retired and has a computer science degree and trained on the IBM/Mainframe and used COBOL & FORTRAN. His desktop had stacks of keypunch cards. He’s teaching our 14 y/o grandson to program.

Absolute respect for Hoover AL PD.
Sad and concerned for Carlee.
i think she is extraordinarily vulnerable and I hope a close eye is being kept upon her.

Public humiliation at this level is likely to drive her deeper into whatever problem she has.
Her nursing career is over, she will be unable to find any kind of work now.

I think for her own sake and the sake of the resources she has abused that it would be best if she received a custodial sentence with appropriate psychiatric care and a rehab programme geared for former prisoners will be her best chance to restart her life.

She's still a victim, a victim of her own delusions and cruel words won't do anything except add to her problems.

I feel utter compassion for her parents.
I do believe they believed her.
I hope they, too, get the love and support that they need.

There are no winners and Carlee is the biggest loser.
Even though she created this situation.

I'm also concerned about all the others who never get a thread or a mention on MSM, the victims who are not believed and all the unfound.
She's most certainly not a victim. IMOO Even if she's struggling with mental health, which we have no idea if she actually is, she's still completely responsible for her choices. Her employer is a victim of her theft. There are other victims in this story, but, no, she's not one of them. AMOO

This makes me so sad. She was having some Serious mental health crisis. I hope that she gets the help she needs. Poor woman.
Criminal activity doesn't at all necessarily mean mental health crisis. We don't do this for drunk drivers or murderers. To me, the search terms equate to dishonest thief who may or may not have mental illness in addition to being dishonest and a thief.

I doubt it.
i do think she was seeking attention though but I'm not sure who her target was.
She could have brought a robe from her own home, saved up money, parked up her vehicle safely and taken a plane..
Instead she chose the most convoluted possible mechanism.
This is disordered thinking.
She wasn't disordered when she remembered to purchase snacks to take with her to sustain her for 2 days. This is criminal thinking. MOO

Maybe it's already been posted, but if the 911 call is 2 minutes long (??), then the car was covering 15 FEET per SECOND while she was on the phone with dispatch. That seems an unlikely walking pace for a toddler to keep up for so long, even if she and the child were separated by a gap that was closing, and the child wasn't (of course) walking at a fixed pace compared to her.
idk, nutritionists are always making big strides, and babies are said to be more comfortable running before they can properly walk. Who's to say this baby wasn't fed entirely on super soldier serum?

If I ever go missing, y’all can just leave my Twitter and google search history alone, I’ll stay missing please I
My searches are only related to cases. If they are taken out of context, I am sure people would label me a NUTCASE!

I actually don't see how anyone can intentionally break the law. I am a very nervous person, by nature, and I would have a nervous breakdown if police were to knock at my door!

JMO.

Last edited:
She wasn't disordered when she remembered to purchase snacks to take with her to sustain her for 2 days. This is criminal thinking. MOO
I wonder why she didn't buy the ticket to Nashville and go. Is it because this "kidnapping" blew up so quickly and the police responded so fast? She should have purchased that ticket in advance. Maybe, she didn't have the money to buy the ticket in advance, though??

For some reason, I think "some event" happened that week that triggered her over-the-top behavior. What Carlee thought the ultimate outcome would be is anyone's guess. I don't think that she logically thought it through.

JMO.

My searches are only related to cases. If they are taken out of context, I am sure people would label me a NUTCASE!

I actually don't see how anyone can intentionally break the law. I am a very nervous person, by nature, and I would have a nervous breakdown, if police were to knock at my door!

JMO.
Similarly, I am very conscious of how my actions affect others and inconveniencing other people is very upsetting for me and I try to avoid it if at all possible.

The thought of people wasting so much time and resources is so distressing for me I could literally never even fathom doing something like this. The anxiety from even thinking about it!

I got in a fairly bad car accident in my early 20s and I remember crying, not because of the broken bones, but because the responders had to stop traffic on the freeway to clear the scene and I was making thousands of people late!

MOO: future updates will reveal that she was indeed at the Red Roof with the Cheez-Its.
Clue: Alabama edition
I mean….. she didn’t leave them
in the car! Snacks are life!
Was her abductor an octopus? He carried her, had to wrangle the Usain Bolt of toddlers, and nicely grabbed her bag of snacks and comfort items.
~~~~~~
I wish the police had mentioned or been asked if they checked out the bus station.
~~~~~~
Someone in the last thread (sorry I didn’t get your name) said it best: “disappointed but not surprised” at the outcome of this. Well said and exactly how I feel.

In my earlier reference to ginger-haired Blinky, he was the longest-running television clown in history or 41 years.

View attachment 435924

Blinky's Fun Club
Fun Fact, My sister and myself were on Blinkys Fun Club, many times from 1964 to 1968 in Denver. We would get out of school early to do the show. Once you were about 10 years old they pretty much stopped inviting you. As a child they would give you a fishing pole to dangle in a pool full of toys, got my first Ken doll that way, and they would attach some type of prize behind the scenes. He was a very nice guy to all of the kids on the shows.

She's most certainly not a victim. IMOO Even if she's struggling with mental health, which we have no idea if she actually is, she's still completely responsible for her choices. Her employer is a victim of her theft. There are other victims in this story, but, no, she's not one of them. AMOO
Are people with mental health problems targets?

I don't think so.

I think they are victims and I explained that clearly in the post to which you are responding.

I'm not a target either and i will give the next victim the full benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise by LE.

That's the bottom line.
Nobody knew.
Nobody knew, for example that her slow driving was allegedly following the toddler.
LE knew.
They have chosen to respect her in their most recent presser.
They're an excellent police force and i will follow their example.

not my party, not my monkeys.

If she was actually by herself without phone or TV for the 49 hrs, she would have had no idea what she was stepping into when she came back [edit: or at least how big it had gotten].
Do not forget her iWatch that was in her purse. Who takes off their iWatch and puts in your purse before an abduction? I am sure that when LE saw that, they started to question the whole scenario. If it had been thrown on the ground they might have thought differently. When I read that statement I was like, hmmm really, who would do that. My iwatch is like a lifeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member