Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus.

While I think that Carlee can rehabilitate herself enough to have a career, I for one hope that it is not nursing. It is likely that if she is arrested and convicted of a felony, that she will be ineligible for a nursing license. Crimes of moral turpitude can ruin career aspirations.

If we take what happened here and loosely translate it into a professional nursing position, can we trust that she won’t steal from a hospital (her employer?). Can we trust that when things are going poorly for her that she wouldn’t make up stories, or worse, endanger patients to look the hero and save them?

I understand it is quite a leap to make and no one has a crystal ball, but why take that chance? I hope her nursing career is over for the sake of protecting public/patient safety.
Excellent post. I couldn't agree more. I'm worried she might actually use a living 'prop' the next time she creates one of these stories.

I wonder if there is new construction in that neighborhood behind the highway. Maybe a new home, almost completed.

Or a vacant house for sale?

That would explain the toilet paper.

If the electricity was on…and she did pick up two dinners…she’d be able to have dinner and enjoy her snacks.

I wonder if there is new construction in that neighborhood behind the highway. Maybe a new home, almost completed.

Or a vacant house for sale?

That would explain the toilet paper.

If the electricity was on…and she did pick up two dinners…she’d be able to have dinner and enjoy her snacks.
Take-out dinner, snacks, granola bars for breakfast, bathrobe for pajamas, TP for necessary business. She had enough to last, oh, about 48 hours.

She might not even have accessed the internet to know what blew up in her absence, but followed a plan to show up when she showed up.

jmo

A house that's for sale, maybe??
That would be risky if it wasn't already under contract. There could still be showings on available listings. If she had access to a vacant home under contract, that is very possible.

Im sure all homes on the market have electronic records of who enters the home for showings, inspections etc. LE would be wise to run records on her mom's keycard, or whatever is currently used to access homes on the market.

I wouldn't put it passed her to take her mom's keycard and use it to stay in a home she knows is vacant and under contract.

Any roll of TP is valuable when you need it and don't have it.

I wonder if she spent her time somewhere that didn't have TP and she was preparing (though she could've bought TP and a bathrobe at Target).

jmo
lol one of my first questions was “why didn’t she just by toilet paper at target?”

lol one of my first questions was “why didn’t she just by toilet paper at target?”

Same could be said for stealing money from the cash register - why do it? Had her parents cut her off any financial assistance, but then how was the take out being paid for if they knew she was broke? And did Carlee offer to bring take out home or did her mother ask?

Because as Carlee had obviously preplanned this escapade to some extent, I don’t get how bringing takeout home to her mom fit into it, other than it represented a obligation that she would be home after work. The one meal was apparently left in the car.

There has to be an accomplice.
I don't see her pulling this off without one and I also don't see her staying off social media while this is going on either. She's too invested to not want to keep up with it and how it's playing out.

No doubt CR is in a no win situation now. LE has thoroughly investigated her allegations and found that none can be substantiated by facts. IMO, she has made up the whole story.

IMO, her only hope of future redemption is to come clean.

Tell the truth and take responsibility for your actions.
Accept the consequences of your actions
Make amends for your actions.

JMO
She should have already done this but she hasn't. Unfortunately I think she'll continue to blow up her world and her parents over this antic she pulled.

All jmo

@thefragile7393, I appreciate your opinion.

CR is soon to be 26, earned a bachelor's degree around age 23, employed (formerly) at a day spa,
said to have flunked out of the community college nursing program, living with her parents, and allegedly pulled off a hoax reported around the world. Yes, IMO, that's floundering, and I stand by my post.
Carlee isn’t in the 18-24 age demographic.
And do we know the bachelor degree is real?

That would be risky if it wasn't already under contract. There could still be showings on available listings. If she had access to a vacant home under contract, that is very possible.

Im sure all homes on the market have electronic records of who enters the home for showings, inspections etc. LE would be wise to run records on her mom's keycard, or whatever is currently used to access homes on the market.

I wouldn't put it passed her to take her mom's keycard and use it to stay in a home she knows is vacant and under contract.
I am a realtor and locally we don't have key cards for MLS listings, we have an app on our phone that opens the lockboxes. Of course you can still use a private lockbox with a code, her mother could have something like that for a model home for a community but it is still risky. I have wondered if they owned rental property and one was vacant.

The cheeze-its don't fall far from the box, imo, speculation.

July 18, 2023 #alabama #police #missingpersons
''The parents of the Carlee Russell, the 25-year-old who vanished for more than 48 hours after calling police to report a toddler walking alone down a highway, are speaking out exclusively to NBC News about how they reacted seeing her on their doorstep again. “We tried to hug her as best we could, but I had to stand back because she was not in a good state. So we've had to stand back and let medical professionals work with her,” her mother says. NBC’s Priscilla Thompson reports for TODAY.''

Last edited:
i just don’t see this girl (or either of my daughters) spending two hot summer nights in the mosquito infested woods off the interstate. Nor do I see her imaging herself in those woods…without a bathroom…ahh…employing that toilet paper.

I CAN see a young woman who grew up with comfort and affluence, being picky about toilet paper and bringing her own to a non-luxurious motel.

I think she had to have had help. The pull-over spot seemed pre-planned. But if she had never been there before, and had no help, how would she know, AT NIGHT, how to traverse those woods or get to a road?

Her Insty is not filled with photos of her toughing it out at Survivalist camps.
I agree with you here and I'll go a step further with this: How do you know that the RRI has undesirable TP unless you have been there before? I do wonder if she had already experienced the RRI and it's coarse TP. JMO

I think the 911 call is key to her motivation. She wanted this to go BIG! She saw some kind of celebrity-victim status for herself, fawning attention, and financial gain.

Otherwise why make that 911 call? If she just wanted some time to herself, just go! Call your parents if you have some empathy, or don’t call…leaving it all a puzzle wherein they would need to figure out how to proceed.

Would LE have immediately blown this up for a 25 yr old that didn’t come home from work? Doubt it. She would have had the time she needed and could have come home and it all would have remained a family matter.

But she researched and made that call. So she WANTED it ‘blown up.’

Why involve a toddler child in her story? Because she would look like a hero…taken by a criminal while being a caring citizen protecting a child. Ego puff-up. She couldn’t let herself be kidnapped while exiting Target with her Cheetos.

There is no reason to blow this story up…just to punish a bf…or get time alone. There was a calculated planned BENEFIT, that Carlee saw for herself.

This Hoax had a business plan.

I have the complete opposite opinion. IMO she didn't want it to blow up. Otherwise she would have stayed on the 911 call when she screamed and faked the abduction. IMO she only called 911 as back up her phone call to her brother's girlfriend.

The real goal was attention for herself from her family. It seems to me that she wanted to drop out of college but her parents were pressuring her to stay in. She wanted to just live rent free and date her boyfriend. But her parents wouldn't let her do this. So creating a trauma situation gets her victim status and an excuse to "take time off" plus pity and attention from her parents.

She checked to make sure she was too old to qualify for an Amber Alert. I think she honestly thought she would fly under public attention because there have been so many stories in the news about Missing White Girl syndrome. And to be unfortunately honest, if she had not mentioned the toddler the truth is that it probably wouldn't have blown up. That was her mistake.

If she had just said she saw a woman walking along the side of the road with no pants on, we probably never would have heard of it.

The other reason I think she wasn't expecting it to blow up is that she came right home after 2 days. Once she saw it going viral she called her parents. And then she went home. She's in a huge mess because of an attention seeking stunt.

Let's not forget the search for a one way ticket to Nashville, did she do more than search that?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Her mother is a realtor <modsnip>. I used to dabble in this industry years ago. Nowadays they use lockboxes on the property so the agent can just show up and punch in a passcode to get into the property.

And it is very possible that Carlee helped her mother out with an open house in the past and knows the lockbox pass code for the property. This would totally jibe with her taking toilet paper. And it would be a clever move. An empty house in the summer is a perfect hide out. People showing up are not usually people just walking in with the agent. They come ahead of time and air out the place. It wouldn't be hard to slip out a back door.

I wonder if her mother had any properties scheduled for an open house the following week and so she knew it would be empty. They should look into any properties in close proximity to the 459 mile marker.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed fro speculation on social media>

How would’ve she gained access? I‘m doubting this theory as too risky, not knowing if any showings were scheduled. Modern lock boxes aren’t like the old style padlocks that were programmed with a single code. Now they require the realtor‘s ID card plus codes are changed/reprogrammed remotely from through the real estate office.

How would’ve she gained access? I‘m doubting this theory as too risky, not knowing if any showings were scheduled. Modern lock boxes aren’t like the old style padlocks that were programmed with a single code. Now they require the realtor‘s ID card plus codes are changed/reprogrammed remotely from through the real estate office.
That's what I was thinking at first. But it depends on the property. Digital ones probably use the Realtor's ID AND the passcode. But we recently bought property and pretty much all the lockboxes were just a punch in code to access the keys.
I really think this is what she did. I think they should look at her mother's property listings and see if there was an open house schedule the week AFTER she "disappeared". If she knew that she'd know that the house would be empty for a few days.

I researched the Birmingham Association of Realtors, they use a Supra Lockbox, just like my local MLS. You have access to the lockbox via an app that you pay for with your MLS membership. The app tracks the activity on the lockbox, if her mother opened a lockbox while Carlee was missing then there is tracking. Carlee would not be able to access the app unless she used her mom's phone and access code, which shows up as her mother accessing the lockbox. As I said earlier sometimes realtors use a private lockbox because they need to provide access to contractors, cleaners, etc...folks that would not have the app - there would be code to open that lockbox and no tracking at all about accessing it.

JMO

I researched the Birmingham Association of Realtors, they use a Supra Lockbox, just like my local MLS. You have access to the lockbox via an app that you pay for with your MLS membership. The app tracks the activity on the lockbox, if her mother opened a lockbox while Carlee was missing then there is tracking. Carlee would not be able to access the app unless she used her mom's phone and access code, which shows up as her mother accessing the lockbox. As I said earlier sometimes realtors use a private lockbox because they need to provide access to contractors, cleaners, etc...folks that would not have the app - there would be code to open that lockbox and no tracking at all about accessing it.

JMO

That's valuable information. I looked up something else as well in Alabama, it's illegal for a non licensed agent to even be present at an open house, let alone show it. So that scraps the idea that she was using a property she herself showed.

However, it IS ok for them to make keys and deal with keys. Not every single house is going to want to use the lockbox. I do think it would be very simple to eliminate this as a possibility. But if she snuck a set of keys from her mother's purse, they might not even have noticed they were missing. She hides in the house. Wipes her fingerprints off the keys and just drops them in the house in a kitchen drawer and leaves.

Here are some of the regulations for Alabama

Oh wow, I bet this is 100% what she did. Her mother is a realtor <modsnip>. I used to dabble in this industry years ago. Nowadays they use lockboxes on the property so the agent can just show up and punch in a passcode to get into the property.

And it is very possible that Carlee helped her mother out with an open house in the past and knows the lockbox pass code for the property. This would totally jibe with her taking toilet paper. And it would be a clever move. An empty house in the summer is a perfect hide out. People showing up are not usually people just walking in with the agent. They come ahead of time and air out the place. It wouldn't be hard to slip out a back door.

I wonder if her mother had any properties scheduled for an open house the following week and so she knew it would be empty. They should look into any properties in close proximity to the 459 mile marker.
I wonder what the other google searches were for.

jmo

I wonder what the other google searches were for.

jmo

Yeah but I’m sure LE will eventually figure it out if they haven‘t already. I’m divided if she was alone or with someone else during this time. Where she was for 48 hours may or may not pertain to her motive but I do strongly suspect the “personal” google searches not released to the public may hold the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*