Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

She has been fired.

“As the information came out that there were some questionable things, we’ve been a little pissed off, mainly because so many people took so much time out to search,” Rome said.

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said. “Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”
From your quoted article:

'She claimed she was abducted by a man who forced her into a car and then an 18-wheeler truck while she was blindfolded. Russell said she then held at a home where a female captor gave her cheese crackers, according to Dervis.
Russell told detectives she eventually managed to escape and run through woods back to her neighborhood."

So she was kidnapped, blindfolded, taken in a car, then a semi, held at an unknown home and then miraculously escaped. She then knew how to run right from the mystery home she was being held at, straight to her parent's home.....

The dog ate my homework.....

JMO

From your quoted article:

'She claimed she was abducted by a man who forced her into a car and then an 18-wheeler truck while she was blindfolded. Russell said she then held at a home where a female captor gave her cheese crackers, according to Dervis.
Russell told detectives she eventually managed to escape and run through woods back to her neighborhood."

So she was kidnapped, blindfolded, taken in a car, then a semi, held at an unknown home and then miraculously escaped. She then knew how to run right from the mystery home she was being held at, straight to her parent's home.....

The dog ate my homework.....

JMO
. . . and fed cheese crackers . . .. (Were these the verysame crackers she purchased at Target?)

Last edited:
Completely guessing here, but perhaps if the case involves two states or crossing state lines, a kidnapping falls under federal
So, she just dropped into the PD to chat them up? Like they have time for all that? and then they give her all those good props? Must be a very
re rumours about Carlee having flunked out of nursing studies.
This rumour is untrue.
This is the statement issued by Jefferson College on july 14 in relation to their student, Not their former student. not their failed student, their student.
Though as I write these words I'm fully aware that she may have now passed to one of the former categories.

anyways
IMO a college is not going to call out if a student is failing when she is currently missing.

She has been fired.

“As the information came out that there were some questionable things, we’ve been a little pissed off, mainly because so many people took so much time out to search,” Rome said.

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said. “Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”
I wonder if he was able to get in touch with her via phone or text to fire her. The article didn’t say but I’m wondering about that.

I wonder if he was able to get in touch with her via phone or text to fire her. The article didn’t say but I’m wondering about that.

Fire someone by text message, I’d hope not! More likely a termination letter along with her final pay cheque was couriered to her home address.

It’d be highly unlikely she showed up in person at the spa for one of her regularly scheduled shifts IMO

Snippet from msm: Carlee's mom, realtor Talitha Robinson Russell, told the TODAY show that she 'fought for her life'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721-204523.png
    Screenshot_20230721-204523.png
    473.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Had I had a bachelor's degree already, I would have fast tracked it too. I would do anything I could to use what credits I could towards a BSN or MSN. It's rare that anyone with a degree already is going downgrade to an associates when they can use their degree already earned to get a second bachelors or an MSN.
At 25 she hasn't been floundering-She already had a prior degree and changed her mind and wanted a different degree. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life until in my 40s. There's nothing to be criticized about any of this here IMO.
I’ve been following along and although I haven’t quite reached the end of the thread, I thought I would pop in and reply specifically to the discussion about the nursing program. I’m a professor in a BSN program and thought I might add to the conversation. I’ve also taught in ADN and MSN programs.

In the US, there are several pathways to becoming eligible to take the NCLEX-RN, which is the national licensure exam. There are traditional ADN/ASN programs that are typically referred to as associate degrees and generally take 4 semesters to complete (based on full-time enrollment, a minimum of 60 credits). There are BSN programs, which typically take 8 semesters of full-time enrollment (minimum of 120 credits). There are accelerated BSN programs for applicants who have a BA/BS is another field. These can be as short as a year in length or up to 5 semesters. There are direct entry MSN degrees where an applicant has a degree in another field and earns a graduate degree while they also complete the prelicensure education to sit for the NCLEX. There are also direct entry doctoral programs (PhD or DNP) where you sit for the NCLEX mid-way through the program. Education requirements for programs are set forth by state boards of nursing. Because nursing programs are quite competitive, we often see students who have degrees in other fields entering programs. I once had a student with a PhD in literature who was seeking an ADN (her papers were exceptional). There are a couple of other program types but these are the major ones.

It sounds like Carlee was enrolled in an accelerated degree program where she would earn both the ADN and BSN in 5 semesters. However, my first thought when I started to wonder about the veracity of the story was whether she had learned that she failed (a course, the program). I have had a good many students who thought they were not going to progress in the program tell me that they “have no other options.” I’ve had a student drive her car off the road after learning she wasn’t going to progress/graduate (intentionally, I believe, but I don’t know).

Whatever the case, I am so very disappointed by what has likely happened in this case. So many things wrong and I have appreciated reading your perspectives.

she was still a student according to her college.
Thanks for posting this. This isn’t a criticism of your post and am hoping to point out a couple things the statement doesn’t say. While it says she is a student, technically, in colleges, students are students until the official end of the semester unless they withdraw. If she learned about a failing grade before the end of the semester, she would still technically be a student. I tried to click on the dual enrollment academic calendar for Jeff State CC and I received an error so I can’t say if this was the end of a semester or summer term. I don’t think they said what her major was (and likely shouldn’t), just confirmed that she is a student.

No doubt CR is in a no win situation now. LE has thoroughly investigated her allegations and found that none can be substantiated by facts. IMO, she has made up the whole story.

IMO, her only hope of future redemption is to come clean.

Tell the truth and take responsibility for your actions.
Accept the consequences of your actions
Make amends for your actions.

JMO

2. CR may have been working toward a nursing career ATM.
W no factual basis (linked) about her nursing school progress/status, I'm not commenting on whether "her nursing career is over."
AFAIK, she was not licensed or registered or accredited to practice nursing in the state of AL.*
License)
Snipped for focus.

While I think that Carlee can rehabilitate herself enough to have a career, I for one hope that it is not nursing. It is likely that if she is arrested and convicted of a felony, that she will be ineligible for a nursing license. Crimes of moral turpitude can ruin career aspirations.

If we take what happened here and loosely translate it into a professional nursing position, can we trust that she won’t steal from a hospital (her employer?). Can we trust that when things are going poorly for her that she wouldn’t make up stories, or worse, endanger patients to look the hero and save them?

I understand it is quite a leap to make and no one has a crystal ball, but why take that chance? I hope her nursing career is over for the sake of protecting public/patient safety.

Rome said that, if her story is confirmed as a hoax, it is deeply damaging because people will not believe the next person who is abducted.

'I think it erodes faith for the next time, it erodes faith when people see somebody who's been abducted and they've been put through this,' he said.

'They're just not going to respond like they did, which is the worst part.'

Not surprised Carlee was fired from her place of employment !

This apparent fabrication is an insult to those who have been truly kidnapped and terrorized, in my estimation.
If she came clean with her story, people would prob. forget about this as time passes and she could resume her life.
But this doesn't appear to be happening....
Omo.

What exactly was she hoping to accomplish? Financial gain or media attention? Did she really think she could pull this off?

It was surprising to hear she left her phone and other personal information in the car.

There is a reason that Carlee hasn't deleted, or made private, her social media accounts. If she had any shame, or was bothered by the bullying, she would delete them. Instead she is keeping them up and collecting followers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje