Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Since learning there was no abduction and this was all just a big hoax, there's a comment by Mrs. Russell replaying in my head that's very disturbing to me.

It was very early when Mrs. Russell shared that before her daughter vanished on Thursday night, July 13, she'd made a mental note to herself to honor CR when she got home that evening because CR had told her mother she was going to give her the take-out entre because the order got messed up and she only received a single entre.

Occupying her mother's mind was to remember to make a fuss over CR for giving up her meal when all along, CR knew she wasn't making any sacrificial gesture that evening because she had no plans to go home that night.

CR knew that soon her mother was going to be on her knees, sick with worry over CR, and throwing in the story about the food shortage was like giving a dog a bone.

I dunno -- maybe it's just me but I find this especially cruel and manipulative. This act was no misunderstanding -- it was intentional. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they lawyered up by now.
I agree. Solicited advice or not, I'm sure by now it's been impressed on CR (and the parents) that there is no crime in remaining silent but it is illegal to lie to the police. IMO, every day of silence represents another day CR cannot be honest about the situation. Still playing the victim --

Since learning there was no abduction and this was all just a big hoax, there's a comment by Mrs. Russell replaying in my head that's very disturbing to me.

It was very early when Mrs. Russell shared that before her daughter vanished on Thursday night, July 13, she'd made a mental note to herself to honor CR when she got home that evening because CR had told her mother she was going to give her the take-out entre because the order got messed up and she only received a single entre.

Occupying her mother's mind was to remember to make a fuss over CR for giving up her meal when all along, CR knew she wasn't making any sacrificial gesture that evening because she had no plans to go home that night.

CR knew that soon her mother was going to be on her knees, sick with worry over CR, and throwing in the story about the food shortage was like giving a dog a bone.

I dunno -- maybe it's just me but I find this especially cruel and manipulative. This act was no misunderstanding -- it was intentional. JMO

From what you have written, I can also say that I can imagine CR at home now, trying to come clean ( unsuccessfully)...and able to manage a sincere apology to her Momma...for NOT being able to bring her the dinner she was promised, and another one to Daddeee...because she abandoned the car and left it running.

:rolleyes:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the car is still in possession of the LE? They are still investigating this alleged abduction, right?

Since learning there was no abduction and this was all just a big hoax, there's a comment by Mrs. Russell replaying in my head that's very disturbing to me.

There were various camera angles of that same video. One in particular captured a wider angle of the people around them. There is a man to the right of the screen (looks like the BF but I'm not sure) who laughs and shakes his head as the mom makes the food comments you are mentioning.

Made me wonder if he thought her comments were funny or if he was shaking his head in disapproval of the mom.

If there is evidence that she stole from her place of work, then I really do hope charges are brought and she is convicted.

Why? Because future employers (or even volunteer agencies) that run background checks should know that a person stole.

I can relate several stories of people I know who did the right thing and ran background checks on employees, only to have that employee steal and find out later that the person had done it before. Companies don't want the fuss or to spend the time in litigation, I guess, but it stinks when the person goes to volunteer at a nonprofit and steal the donated funds of a youth organization (which has also happened).

From what you have written, I can also say that I can imagine CR at home now, trying to come clean ( unsuccessfully)...and able to manage a sincere apology to her Momma...for NOT being able to bring her the dinner she was promised, and another one to Daddeee...because she abandoned the car and left it running.

:rolleyes:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the car is still in possession of the LE? They are still investigating this alleged abduction, right?
Good question. I've not heard anything about the car's whereabouts.

What could drive Carlethia Russell to do this?
To get back at her exbf or to get back with him

Surely he'd run to her and comfort her after her "ordeal".

Small police force, bet she never expected to draw SS or the FBI. She'd just wait a while.... then re-emerge and everyone would fall to their knees and shower her with great reserves of attention which she'd take straightaway to social media....

I'll bet she holed up in the nearest RRI, not the one her family rushed.

JMO

Last edited:
There were various camera angles of that same video. One in particular captured a wider angle of the people around them. There is a man to the right of the screen (looks like the BF but I'm not sure) who laughs and shakes his head as the mom makes the food comments you are mentioning.

Made me wonder if he thought her comments were funny or if he was shaking his head in disapproval of the mom.
And I have no doubt if at this very moment, you asked Momma if she understands there was no problem with the take-out order or realized CR went to Target after leaving Taziki's and sat in the parking lot Tweeting-- and was not on her way home with the deficit order, she'd go to the mat defending CR that she was indeed sacrificing her meal for Mamma. .... "And anybody that knows CR knows she loves her food"... (I think the male is probably laughing about the latter part of the statement). JMO

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I am late returning to these boards so I missed lots of earlier discussion.
I just listened to the 911 call that Carlee made to report that she saw a child on the side of the road. What stood out to me was what sounded to me like a total lack of emotion or "involvement" on Carlee's part. I could only imagine if I saw a small child on the side of the road, I think I'd be yapping at the dispatcher to get someone quick, and I think my words would be tumbling out during the report. Carlee is calm, composed, and almost "thoughtful" in every answer to the questions she's asked.
MOO

What do you think she was doing for the 49 hours she was gone? She got to some kind of decent shelter, what with the bathrobe and nice TP. I don't think she knew what was going on to find her until she got home. Now she is making everything worse by not talking. (I hope she wasn't watching the news or knew what people were going thru to find her. If she did, that's a new kind of evil!)

It really is bad. As po’d as I am at what she tried to pull off, this could drive her too far mentally. She’s already not thinking like a rational person IMO
One way for her not to be driven too far mentally from the horrible social media and online posts is to……. stop looking at it!!! It’s sad how many people derive their value from “the online community”.

Don‘t get me wrong Websleuthers - I love this platform and the discussions, but when I feel myself getting overly emotional, I walk away For awhile and focus on other things that don’t involve a screen.

What do you think she was doing for the 49 hours she was gone? She got to some kind of decent shelter, what with the bathrobe and nice TP. I don't think she knew what was going on to find her until she got home. Now she is making everything worse by not talking. (I hope she wasn't watching the news or knew what people were going thru to find her. If she did, that's a new kind of evil!)
There has to be an accomplice.

One way for her not to be driven too far mentally from the horrible social media and online posts is to……. stop looking at it!!! It’s sad how many people derive their value from “the online community”.

Don‘t get me wrong Websleuthers - I love this platform and the discussions, but when I feel myself getting overly emotional, I walk away For awhile and focus on other things that don’t involve a screen.
I agree with you. But we both know that’s not going to happen. Young ones today pretty much live on social media. And from looking at her posts, she loves the attention IMO

How much does one person control the peace in a home if offering up one's own meal and taking the lesser one is worthy of honor? Honor? Really? How self absorbed and touchy were they so used to her being that any gesture of sharing invited honor????

Family dynamics can take a second forever to unpack, right after the first forever, to recognize them. I suspect CR has been controlling the family unit for a very long time...

JMO

One of her online searches was "how to take cash from a resister without someone noticing it's missing"
so let’s say the robe was $100 and the $107 was a portion of cash stolen. what other items would equal the difference.

View attachment 436194

Aniah Blanchard was last seen on October 23, 2019, at a gas station in Auburn, Alabama, before she was kidnapped and murdered by Ibraheem Yazeed, 32

Aniah's father, Elijah also said his wounds had been reopened, and it wasn't OK to bring his family into the search. [..]

' My daughter was kidnapped and she was really fighting for her life. People don't want this type of hurt.'

Aniah's Parents Speak Out

This father's words hurt. Unlike CR, his daughter truly fought for her life. :(
My heart breaks for this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads