Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama Law: theft of property between $500 and $1,499 constitutes theft of property in the third degree. Theft of property in the third degree is a Class D felony, punishable by up to 5 years of incarceration.

Wonder how much the robe was and the other items she took? where’d the cash come
from?

i’ve Been in the (k-12) education filed for many, many years. Several years ago, I worked with this amazing school psych (she had her PhD) who was VERY interested in how social media and texting have negatively impacted the communication skills of older teens and young adults. She worked out of our HS guidance counselors’ office and had a front row seat to hundreds of students socializing while waiting for their appointment. Phones weren’t allowed to be used in our department. She was dismayed by how many kids just didn’t have basic communication skills. Conflict resolution skills were also sorely lacking. She felt that the use of SM and text to communicate has severely and negatively impacted our young adults’ communication and social skills. if you get into a disagreement via text, you can just shut off your phone. Same thing with the computer. You don’t need to work through it. If you say something offensive, you can delete it. You don’t have to take accountability. I’m wondering if CR just keeps hoping it’ll all blow over.

i’ve Been in the (k-12) education filed for many, many years. Several years ago, I worked with this amazing school psych (she had her PhD) who was VERY interested in how social media and texting have negatively impacted the communication skills of older teens and young adults. She worked out of our HS guidance counselors’ office and had a front row seat to hundreds of students socializing while waiting for their appointment. Phones weren’t allowed to be used in our department. She was dismayed by how many kids just didn’t have basic communication skills. Conflict resolution skills were also sorely lacking. She felt that the use of SM and text to communicate has severely and negatively impacted our young adults’ communication and social skills. if you get into a disagreement via text, you can just shut off your phone. Same thing with the computer. You don’t need to work through it. If you say something offensive, you can delete it. You don’t have to take accountability. I’m wondering if CR just keeps hoping it’ll all blow over.
it will take time but yes it will “blow over”

I'm all for her facing the repercussions.
Healthy people do not contrive such situations.
Fragile ones do.

We'll have to agree to disagree on our individual interpretation of 'fragile'. I see see it as evil and conniving, among other things ... But that's neither here nor there and I appreciate your posts and insight.

The memes and posts that Im seeing on social media wow. Ppl are tearing her apart. At first I died out laughing, but then I realized- wow- she really did get all the attention- and still is. This is bad imo.
It really is bad. As po’d as I am at what she tried to pull off, this could drive her too far mentally. She’s already not thinking like a rational person IMO

It really is bad. As po’d as I am at what she tried to pull off, this could drive her too far mentally. She’s already not thinking like a rational person IMO
I quite agree. It is the modern version of people below on a sidewalk screaming "jump". I don't care who you are, it's just wrong. I think she needs to be held accountable for her actions to whatever extent the laws allows, but I've seen murderers get better treatment.

IMO social media is a double-edged sword.

I am not on any SM sites, but my news feed is filling up with all the memes about Carlee.

IMO she used Social Media to her full advantage, based on everything I’ve seen at WS and the news, and now the inevitable has happened to her—-social media is kicking back at her.

From what I’ve seen, so -called “Black Twitter” has had some very pointed responses to her hoax. Along with very mocking memes are some truly hurt and sincerely angry people who feel she has done them a particular injustice. They are not pulling their punches and I understand that.

Carlee wanted to paint a particular image of herself on social media and now she’s getting the thorns that IMO she deserves. I mean that just in those rightfully angry posts; thank God I haven’t seen anything racist.

All JMO

Alabama Law: theft of property between $500 and $1,499 constitutes theft of property in the third degree. Theft of property in the third degree is a Class D felony, punishable by up to 5 years of incarceration.

Wonder how much the robe was and the other items she took? where’d the cash come
from?
One of her online searches was "how to take cash from a resister without someone noticing it's missing"

She is another Cayce Anthony as far as telling lies. Just shameful.

IMO social media is a double-edged sword.

I am not on any SM sites, but my news feed is filling up with all the memes about Carlee.

IMO she used Social Media to her full advantage, based on everything I’ve seen at WS and the news, and now the inevitable has happened to her—-social media is kicking back at her.

From what I’ve seen, so -called “Black Twitter” has had some very pointed responses to her hoax. Along with very mocking memes are some truly hurt and sincerely angry people who feel she has done them a particular injustice. They are not pulling their punches and I understand that.

Carlee wanted to paint a particular image of herself on social media and now she’s getting the thorns that IMO she deserves. I mean that just in those rightfully angry posts; thank God I haven’t seen anything racist.

All JMO
<modsnip: personalizing/profanity> Time to move on to real missing family members that need the kind of LE action and attention that she got. Get the drones ready, we have real people/children missing in GA, maybe LE in AL can lend a hand. Just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:

from?
I think I read, iirc the owner of the salon said, he wondered if the cash came from his drawer.

We'll have to agree to disagree on our individual interpretation of 'fragile'. I see see it as evil and conniving, among other things ... But that's neither here nor there and I appreciate your posts and insight.
Thing is, we're not the executioners.
LE got this.
They can handle it.
I wish her the best and I bear her no malice.
i never moved further than my keyboard.
I'm not personally inconvenienced by her shortcomings, nor do I deny them.
I have no power to stop internet hate waves but I can choose not to feed them.

She’s in this predicament this far from lying and then telling more lies to cover her lies. I don’t think encouraging her to tell even more lies is a good idea. IMO. How about tell the truth and apologize for all the trouble she’s caused?
I think they should absolutely speak to her again. And it should be the FBI with no holding back. I guarantee you they will get some useful info from her.

The story gives some insight into what some young people envision as human trafficking.
If it involves CheezZits, painted nails, glamour shots, and 48 hours away from our family- there would be a line!

Just saying
JMO
This crazy situation could be turned into something positive by stepping forward with initiative for creating awareness of sex trafficking by presenting facts. Especially being the I-20 Interstate between Atlanta and Birmingham had highest rate of sex trafficking in the nation. She needs to do a Hugh Grant, admit she’s an idiot and then act responsibly to repair the damage from her parents ill informed comment that likely originated from social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt