Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what’s most disturbing is that in light of her serious actions she shouldn’t be allowed to take the lead and set the pace.

The police should move in and do what they have to do. Otherwise it sends the message that you can mess around with law enforcement protocol without swift consequences.

It should be very black and white and not a murky area.

I feel for her dilemma but that should be beside the point.

For example when someone is stopped and found to be driving under the influence, there may have been a legitimate crisis which caused them to do so, and we might have a lot of empathy and compassion— but it doesn’t effect law enforcement protocol on that particular issue. It should be no different here.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think her only option is to come clean, apologize, pay the piper, and work her butt off to do whatever she needs to do to be successful. With podcasts, YouTube, etc., there's always hope for her to reach an audience. Everyone loves a comeback, especially one grounded in humility! JMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

But Law Enforcement have it.
It's not like she is on the run.
None of us are perfect.
The laws of the state will punish her appropriately.
We trust that process or we do not.

<quoted reference was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the sense of outrage is because so many people feel betrayed. People who advocate for mental health thought they saw a poster child. So did busy, hard-working nurses. Women of color felt seen for once. Reproductive health was an issue some saw lurking in the background and were ready for a case-study in what's currently happening in our nation. Others saw human trafficking and felt the need to advocate and worry. Those concerned about young adults after lockdown thought they saw an example we need to learn from. She seemed like a young person to root for, studying and working toward a sunny future. And, many/most were attracted to her beauty.

And it was all fake. The let-down feels personal because so many people, from many walks of life, felt connected to her. She was relatable. For many people, she was "one of us." Until she wasn't.

JMO

I think what’s most disturbing is that in light of her serious actions she shouldn’t be allowed to take the lead and set the pace.

The police should move in and do what they have to do. Otherwise it sends the message that you can mess around with law enforcement protocol without swift consequences.

It should be very black and white and not a murky area.

I feel for her dilemma but that should be beside the point.

For example when someone is stopped and found to be driving under the influence, there may have been a legitimate crisis which caused them to do so, and we might have a lot of empathy and compassion— but it doesn’t effect law enforcement protocol on that particular issue. It should be no different here.
They will.
All they need is a warrant.
They will get it when they have completed their investigation.
She will be arrested and charged.
I do trust them in this case.
They have OFFERED her the opportunity to be interviewed but they don't require her acquiescence's.
They don't need her permission to arrest and charge her.

she won't be calling any shots for a very long time and if she's wise, which i doubt, she will realise that sooner rather than later.

There is probably no more difficult and painful emotion than shame. Shame involves complete self-condemnation. It’s a major attack against the self. She’s been found guilty of utterly unacceptable behavior by the court of public opinion. She probably feels she’s disgraced and dishonored her family. No wonder she’s hiding. Shame is so much more public than guilt. Someone who feels shame expects condemnation from everyone. I doubt she will feel guilt until she processes this overwhelming emotion. I don’t know how an immature adult will be able do do this without therapy. Only then will she be able to self criticize enough to feel guilty and want to make some kind of restoration to society, whatever that may or should look like. *Carlethia, I hope you will get the help you desperately need. Only then, you can then begin to financially and emotionally reimburse society. It’s possible to reinstate your dignity and reputation. You gotta pay your dues first!

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday..."

What does "honoring" mean in this context? I've never heard that term before. It kinda sounds like she was sucking up to the police there. Was she maybe there to pay a ticket and regaled them with all of knowledge and hard work to get out of a ticket...maybe?
I’m wondering who at HPD actually wrote that. Maybe CR has a friend there?
It just seems odd, imo.

The memes and posts that Im seeing on social media wow. Ppl are tearing her apart. At first I died out laughing, but then I realized- wow- she really did get all the attention- and still is. This is bad

She should have been careful what she wished for. We reap what we sow.

I don't feel bad for her. I'm angry she's acting so cowardly after her shenanigans didn't work. She hasn't made an apology to the public. She hasn't owned her actions with the police. She's lying in the bed she made. It's a snowball effect of.her.own.making.

They will.
All they need is a warrant.
They will get it when they have completed their investigation.
She will be arrested and charged.
I do trust them in this case.
They have OFFERED her the opportunity to be interviewed but they don't require her acquiescence's.
They don't need her permission to arrest and charge her.

she won't be calling any shots for a very long time and if she's wise, which i doubt, she will realise that sooner rather than later.
I’m hoping you’re proven right.

I’m just remembering the case years ago of a gay woman in Nebraska named Charlie Rogers, who staged a very serious hate crime involving abduction and sex assault in which perpetrators were being sought and vigils held.

It made national headlines in 2012. She never showed up for her jail term and I never heard anything further:

There is probably no more difficult and painful emotion than shame. Shame involves complete self-condemnation. It’s a major attack against the self. She’s been found guilty of utterly unacceptable behavior by the court of public opinion. She probably feels she’s disgraced and dishonored her family. No wonder she’s hiding. Shame is so much more public than guilt. Someone who feels shame expects condemnation from everyone. I doubt she will feel guilt until she processes this overwhelming emotion. I don’t know how an immature adult will be able do do this without therapy. Only then will she be able to self criticize enough to feel guilty and want to make some kind of restoration to society, whatever that may or should look like. *Carlethia, I hope you will get the help you desperately need. Only then, you can then begin to financially and emotionally reimburse society. It’s possible to reinstate your dignity and reputation. You gotta pay your dues first!
Shame is so destructive it is considered by this author to be almost akin to death.
Carlethia is not there yet, but that letter is in the mail, imo, speculation.rbbm

1689945769771.png
''It is by Dr David Hawkins whose most well-known book is “Power vs Force” and in that book he calibrated various emotions on an energetic scale of consciousness. Full Enlightenment is at the top at 1000; this is the energy of Jesus Christ, the Buddha, and Krishna. Peace is at 600. Joy at 540 and at the bottom is Shame. Shame is ranked at 20. It is barely survival and close to death.

Hawkins describes shame as: “Characterized by humiliation, as in ‘hanging your head in shame.’ It is traditionally accompanied by banishment. It is destructive to health and leads to cruelty toward self and others.”

Last edited:
I’m hoping you’re proven right.

I’m just remembering the case years ago of a gay woman in Nebraska named Charlie Rogers, who staged a very serious hate crime involving abduction and sex assault in which perpetrators were being sought and vigils held.

It made national headlines in 2012. She never showed up for her jail term and I never heard anything further:

this happens a lot. First time I c...t's a really dark time to be alive, methinks.

BE tweet from yesterday:

Police says police have “not been granted their request” to interview Carlee Russell a second time.

I have wondered if/how LE addressed Carlee and her parents before the press conference. Did they got to her family with all of the evidence they had discovered and give her a chance to come clean? Or do you think her parents were blindsided? And do you think Carlee had any idea the amount of evidence they discovered before they went public with the details?

What would the charge be?
Moral Turpitude
In criminal law, the law sorts criminal activity into categories of crime either involving or not involving moral turpitude. The phrase moral turpitude itself has not been clearly delineated by courts, owing in part to amorphous, relative, and various conceptions of morality. Courts however, such as in United States ex rel. Manzanella v. Zimmerman, have commonly quoted the following in order to describe conduct that involves moral turpitude: “An act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which a man owes to his fellow men, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man.”

this happens a lot. First time I c...t's a really dark time to be alive, methinks.
But do you think something similar could happen in Carlee’s case? Skipping out on sentencing as this woman apparently did, and then not another word ever being published on her again? That really wouldn’t be good.

This is why I emphasize her vulnerability and her fragility.
RSBM. Really? She wasn't fragile when she followed through with placing a call to 911 with a fabricated story.

Nor was she fragile when she gave police her story about alleged abductors.

She had the strength to follow through with her plan, let her face the full repercussions of her actions.

Lying to the police
Theft
Wasting police resources.
Abuse of the 911 system for emergencies.
Lying to the police again.
There's quite a bit there.
Maybe more that we don't know about.
This was an expensive investigation.
she could have called a halt to it at any time but she persisted..
She's in very hot water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member