Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All MOO!
Faking a kidnapping is bad enough (looking up Amber Alerts, and do the parents have to pay for it was damning - that means you want ALL the attention). However, a story involving an endangered toddler is tweaking the Papini formula; attention, yes, whilst adding something guaranteed to make you look heroic, not just a damsel in distress. I think this facet of the case has caused a lot of the reaction, if not the one she wanted. Because she might just be a silly young person, but she might not. Many known (and how many more unknown) cases of nurses who create emergencies, not necessarily meaning to hurt or kill patients, but heroically save them, well, sometimes, at first, anyway. Except, emergency treatments don’t always work. It’s a scary bit of behaviour for a person in her line of study.
IMO!

The memes and posts that Im seeing on social media wow. Ppl are tearing her apart. At first I died out Bad enough to worry.
It's been bad from the outset, vast troll armies with less than 10 followers, many with no followers.
I've never seen such hatred and cruelty and I never want to see it again.
platforms should investigate but it is highly unlikely they will.
Nobody could take that amount of hatred.
It's quite alarming.

7/21/23

An Alabama attorney has said he cannot believe Carlee Russell has not been arrested amid doubts she was ever kidnapped after seeing a toddler on a highway.

Russell, 25, claims she was abducted and held captive for two days, but local police have said they cannot corroborate any of her claims.

Now lawyer Eric Guster has said the police are using every means possible to avoid saying she lied, but he believes it is clear Russell wasted police's time and money.

[..]

Guster says Police Chief Nick Derzis has outlined three crimes they believe Carlee committed: theft, lying to authorities and filing a false police report.

He says in light of that, he's shocked she hasn't already been arrested.

Guster also told the outlet he is worried this case could affect future missing persons cases, for African American women in particular.

'It's going to be much more difficult for African American women to be believed, and it may actually decrease the number of actual reports of things because people are already afraid that they won't be believed' he said.

Guster said he expects Carlee will be charged with filing a false police report, but says police are likely waiting to complete their investigation first.

'They cannot force her to give a statement or give a statement. What I think will happen is Hoover is going to continue investigating this case.

'I expect Carlee to be charged at some point, at minimum for making a false statement. But they have to make sure they finish the full investigation,' he said yesterday.

It comes after the mother of kidnapped and murdered Alabama teenager Aniah Blanchard has hit back at Russell.

It's been bad from the outset, vast troll armies with less than 10 followers, many with no followers.
I've never seen such hatred and cruelty and I never want to see it again.
platforms should investigate but it is highly unlikely they will.
Nobody could take that amount of hatred.
It's quite alarming.
I think shes being punished by the public. She enjoyed her social media it appears by the effort she put into the photos & posts on her socials etc, so I think the memes & posts about the situation is a form of emotional punishment for her. Really vicious & ppl can be terrible. If she was having a breakdown this amplified it
Its funny how it changed how i was feeling about her. I dont like bullying.

I think shes being punished by the public. She enjoyed her social media it appears by the effort she put into the photos & posts on her socials etc, so I think the memes & posts about the situation is a form of emotional punishment for her. Really vicious & ppl can be terrible. If she was having a breakdown this amplified it
Its funny how it changed how i was feeling about her. I dont like bullying.
It started immediately after she showed up. all bots and thousands of them. Remarkable.
They won't stop until she is dead IMO.
This is why I emphasize her vulnerability and her fragility.
It doesn't have to be like this.

1689934621060.png

Aniah Blanchard was last seen on October 23, 2019, at a gas station in Auburn, Alabama, before she was kidnapped and murdered by Ibraheem Yazeed, 32

Aniah's father, Elijah also said his wounds had been reopened, and it wasn't OK to bring his family into the search. [..]

' My daughter was kidnapped and she was really fighting for her life. People don't want this type of hurt.'

Aniah's Parents Speak Out

This father's words hurt. Unlike CR, his daughter truly fought for her life. :(

All MOO!
Faking a kidnapping is bad enough (looking up Amber Alerts, and do the parents have to pay for it was damning - that means you want ALL the attention). However, a story involving an endangered toddler is tweaking the Papini formula; attention, yes, whilst adding something guaranteed to make you look heroic, not just a damsel in distress. I think this facet of the case has caused a lot of the reaction, if not the one she wanted. Because she might just be a silly young person, but she might not. Many known (and how many more unknown) cases of nurses who create emergencies, not necessarily meaning to hurt or kill patients, but heroically save them, well, sometimes, at first, anyway. Except, emergency treatments don’t always work. It’s a scary bit of behaviour for a person in her line of study.
IMO!
You make an excellent point- I hadn't thought of- the nurse that needs attention- very scary to even consider

View attachment 436194

Aniah Blanchard was last seen on October 23, 2019, at a gas station in Auburn, Alabama, before she was kidnapped and murdered by Ibraheem Yazeed, 32

Aniah's father, Elijah also said his wounds had been reopened, and it wasn't OK to bring his family into the search. [..]

' My daughter was kidnapped and she was really fighting for her life. People don't want this type of hurt.'

Aniah's Parents Speak Out

This father's words hurt. Unlike CR, his daughter truly fought for her life. :(
The police themselves have stated that they will continue to investigate any missing persons case with professionalism and diligence. The Sherri Papini case didn’t make me doubt Gabby Petito was missing, or the many other young women who disappeared since. I did have doubts about this case, but those reasons stand on their own, as should each case.

This is only a reason to discredit future cases if we choose for that to happen. Why would we? The police say they won’t. We should always spread the word, help search if we can, etc.

ETA- Aniah‘s mother is saying in the article that she would help all over again. And her father may mean - leave us out of it by not using our daughter as a comparison for another woman. If so, I totally get that.

Last edited:
The memes and posts that Im seeing on social media wow. Ppl are tearing her apart. At first I died out laughing, but then I realized- wow- she really did get all the attention- and still is. This is bad imo.
I don’t think people want that kind of attention though… at least, not people smart enough to make a hoax of that length seem primarily plausible for any time.

I mean, I don’t think it will increase copycatting except amongst the dumb.

Agree wholeheartedly. It's a shame people are judged for not getting their Bachelor's until 23, working at a day spa at 25, or living at home at 25. No one should be judged for either of those 3 things. People progress at their own pace and change their mind on what direction they want to go in - society should be supporting that, not tearing those people down.

Rightfully criticize Carlee for this crime, but don't criticize people for those 3 things as they fit a lot of people in society, many of whom find their own path to success.
Absolutely nothing wrong with taking a different path at your own pace! In fact, I think it's better, tbh.

But that is not what happened here.

She faked an abduction on a huge scale. That act alone is "floundering" in life.

jmo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
The public ridicule could have been avoided if she came forward and apologized. Despite the mean-spiritedness that is prevalent these days, we tend to be forgiving when someone wants to make amends. Nobody would think it's okay to fake an abduction, but if she took responsibility and apologized, I do think people would be gentler.

None of this has been handled well, except by LE.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
The public ridicule could have been avoided if she came forward and apologized. Despite the mean-spiritedness that is prevalent these days, we tend to be forgiving when someone wants to make amends. Nobody would think it's okay to fake an abduction, but if she took responsibility and apologized, I do think people would be gentler.

jmo
Agreed! Get in front of this! Take responsibility.

jmo
Also, if she helped people understand how she got there, to the point of making those decisions, it might help some. Most people have been cheated on or otherwise had their heart broken. I think they'd relate to that, if that was a factor. But the longer this goes on, the less sympathy she'll get from social media; that's my guess anyway.

Also, if she helped people understand how she got there, to the point of making those decisions, it might help some. Most people have been cheated on or otherwise had their heart broken. I think they'd relate to that, if that was a factor. But the longer this goes on, the less sympathy she'll get from social media; that's my guess anyway.
Yep. The time to do that was days ago. But it's not easy and takes some grit and humility.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member