Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What also stands out for me is how Carlee was presented as such a kind and considerate person. Bringing take out home to her mother, then being caring enough to risk her life by stopping for an endangered toddler on the side of the freeway. Almost a nominee for citizen of the day, an adult child any parent would be proud of, it all seemed at first. But the fact is it’s usually the kindness aspect that hooks people in scams, not wanting to believe that such a person could be deceptive and dishonest.
Classic traits of narcissism. The exterior appearance is extremely important. Even her former employer commented about CR getting on with her co-workers. CR had that mask on tight! This, while her parents probably walked on egg shells at home with her. JMO

She may surprise us all and take opportunity to take assessment of life and make positive changes.... while liars are sometimes repairable.
snipped for fo us @Dhighsmith Thanks for your response.

The teensy tiny optimistic part (approx'ly molecule size) of my brain says:
That's possible and I hope it happens.

OTOH the Magic 8 Ball part of my brain gives two answers:
"Cannot predict now"

"Don't count

There was a similar case where a woman named Chloe Stein staged a disappearance in a similar way. (Except she didn’t call 911; she merely texted her boyfriend as a part of the staging and then hid out) She was charged with felonies. This was in Pennsylvania though.

As soon as Carlee talked to the police and gave her statement, she did claim to the police that she had been abducted.

The mom influencer in California got 90 days for falsely claiming an attempted kidnapping of her children, identifying an innocent latino couple on CCTV were the culprits. IIRC her charges were based on her statements to LE as well. Probably why Carlee is currently unresponsive to LE’s request to talk with her.

Backfire, it reminds me of the woman who went "missing" in Zions National Park. Locals knew that she was faking it by Day 2. She was trying to emulate the same stunt pulled by a woman in Hawaii who was "missing".

Here's a little insight into 'being in nursing school'. A two year (or four year for that matter) program is seldom that. Two years is how long the clinical part takes - but to even get accepted it is generally at LEAST a couple semesters of prerequisites, standardized nursing school admission testing, etc. (I described this in a previous post)

Virtually no one goes from high school to RN in 2 years UNLESS they have taken a LOT of dual enrollment credits during high school.

ALSO (and this is big) - we used to get family members of patients in our all the time who told us they were 'in nursing school'. 99% of the time- they were enrolled in prerequisite courses only- and had not even qualified yet for the actual clinical nursing part. (No shame in that- just not what one would generally describe as 'in nursing school')

My point is- take 'in nursing school' with a LARGE grain of salt.

I think what's being said is that it's possible to complete prelicensure requirements to sit for the exam following the curriculum prescribed. Granted, it's not the same as passing the exam or finding placement!

1690048168323.png

1690048121421.png

ETA: Add partnership with UAB program

1690049012954.png
1690049072718.png

Last edited:
I do wonder how she is celebrating her birthday? I don't see her facing it with shame, I see her still working the sympathy angle as long as she possibly can. She probably got a new phone, lol

jmo
I agree with you! I suspect she has no remorse for her actions and
She will surround herself with family and friends who will tell
Her what she wants to hear and who might actually believe her
Tale of woe!!!

CR. Possible Future Changes?
She may surprise us all and take opportunity to take assessment of life and make positive changes. ... liars are sometimes repairable.
snipped for focus @Dhighsmith Thx for your response.

The optimistic part (estimated size = approx. 1 molecule) of my brain says:
Yes, it's possible; I hope she does.

But I consulted the Magic 8 Ball which said:"Outlook not so good."
IDK.

Yes, I forgot she gave a statement. She's basically toast at this point. That's what makes me wonder why they haven't charged her yet. What else are they working on.
I think they know her story is BS but are looking for definitive proof. The story is ridiculous, but until they actually retrace all her movements, they won’t necessarily have evidence that is was lying. IMO they’re being thorough and doing a good job.

You can't check into a hotel without ID. If she checked in and then the story broke she'd have been outed immediately. And why would you bring toilet paper to a hotel? Why buy snacks but no water?

I'm really leaning into her staying in a vacant home. They don't have toilet paper but they have toilets, they don't have food but they have water.

I’m not sure there are no exceptions to checking into a hotel without ID, especially with 3 star and lower hotels. What of a young woman who fled from a potential domestic violence situation and left her purse at home but had stashed cash to pay for a room? Would she be refused? If one reserves a hotel online and pays in advance, yes then they indeed want to see ID to ensure the room is going to the right person. But otherwise if a hotel is getting payment in cash for a room, why would they require ID any more than a retail outlet would for a cash purchase?

I wouldn’t rule it out quite yet and by now LE likely know the truth anyway.

Last edited:
Ok so I looked up houses for sale within the vicinity of where she pulled over. I also think it's curious that she kept slowly driving down the street instead of just pulling up in one spot. IMO it seems like she was looking for a gap in the trees or something. The neighborhood is right behind the trees. She'd be cutting through someone's backyard and then walking straight down the street to get to it.

I found one house that is an 8 minute walk from where she pulled over. (I think, I'm not sure if I'm getting the directions right. I think she said she was southbound and child was on the right.)

Anwyay I mapped it out and it's right there once she gets to the neighborhood it's a straight walk down the street. Obviously I'm not going to put the addresss up. But the one thing I found interesting is that the house has three doors for entry. Front, back, side and it has an enclosed porch with sliding vertical windows all around the porch. Not full length to the ground by maybe starting at knee length up.

It would be REALLY easy to unlock one of the windows and then come back to the house later and just slide it sideways and step right through. Or to leave one of the back doors open.

Now I'm really curious about this theory. ALL just a THEORY at this point and MOO.

Edited to add: I just looked up the listing agency and it says Listing Office Keller Williams Metro South <modsnip>

<modsnip - if you have a tip for LE, call them and don't post it on the thread>
Oh my gosh/ never even thought about that! I’ve been absent, but that totally makes sense. That’s why she needed a robe, toilet paper and snacks. The robe (assuming it was Terry material) COULD be used as a towel. I’m not up on everything, but where does the RRI come into play? Maybe she ran to the vacant house, was sweaty, took a shower, cooled her heels a bit and a friend picked her up to RRI. She couldn’t do Uber because she’d be recognized.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure there are no exceptions to checking into a hotel without ID, especially with 3 star and lower hotels. What of a young woman who fled from a potential domestic violence situation and left her purse at home but has cash to pay for a room? Would she be refused? If one reserves a hotel online and pays in advance, yes then they indeed want to see ID to ensure the room is going to the right person. But otherwise if a hotel is getting payment in cash for a room, why would they require ID any more than a retail outlet would for a purchase?

I wouldn’t rule it out quite yet and by now LE likely know the truth anyway.

Red Roof Inn is a hotel chain. Not a crack den type motel. I'm not joking. There's NO WAY she could check in without ID. If she stayed there she had an accomplice.

Hotel rooms usually have televisions in them. They aren't going to let anonymous people stay there. And it's also a liability if the person gets injured.

I don't think it was attention as much as wanting to drop out of school. Nursing, much like teaching, is really a calling. I have a family member who had started a nursing program about 20 years ago and stopped because she had kids. Once they got older she decided to go back to school for Nursing. She's identified herself online with "Nurse" for decades. She goes back to college and lasted less than a semester. She was shocked how it wasn't glamorous like it was on TV it was gross, ugly, she often had to deal with trashy drug addicts. She couldn't believe it.
Snipped and bolded.

Nursing school at a community college is definitely not glamorous. I’ll preface this with most faculty are kind, caring, supportive experts who love what they do. But, from my experience, faculty in any nursing program can be downright mean, the level of incivility (student to teacher, teacher to teacher, teacher to student, student to student) rises to a level, I have never seen in my life (IMO). When I worked at a community college, I was once the honored topic of a private Facebook group started by students dedicated to hating me. Mostly, it had topics about my clothes, makeup, and hair. Apparently, those blonde highlights weren’t flattering. I digress.

On the JSCC website, they note that the completion rate (often calculated as the percentage of students who completed the program within 150% of the time advertised) is a mere 34.8%. So, 65.2% of students are not completing the program. Completion rates across the US for associate degrees in nursing, if my memory serves me correctly, are somewhere in the 40-50% range. For BSN programs, they are much higher, ideally over 80% for programs that are accredited by CCNE.

Sorry, slightly off topic but…If anyone reading this now or in the future is considering nursing school, my advice is to look for the completion rates and NCLEX pass rates of the program. And then, go to an open house and meet the faculty to get a feel for how they treat students.

Has any one watched Search Party? I'm reading about it on Reddit. It's on Max.

You can't check into a hotel without ID. If she checked in and then the story broke she'd have been outed immediately. And why would you bring toilet paper to a hotel? Why buy snacks but no water?

I'm really leaning into her staying in a vacant home. They don't have toilet paper but they have toilets, they don't have food but they have water.

I’m with you 100% and great sleuthing of nearby real estate.

For all asking earlier about whether or not the employment/business of persons close to CR might be affected, her former employer, Stuart Rome of Woodhouse Spa, dealt with backlash all day, and CR no longer works there!

It's just sad. There's no upside to this selfish prank. I'm mostly sad for CR because I don't see her being able to get past the Admin Code of the Alabama Board of Nursing where there's no room for an impulsive actor, and whose behavior can't help but impair their ability to provide safe nursing care. CR's not a stupid teen doing stupid things -- she's an educated woman who obviously has too much time on her hands and lives without boundaries or accountability. MOO :(

Spa Backlash over Carlee

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said.

“Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”
Civil suit grounds? I cannot imagine for the life of me why people would target her now former employer this way. It just defies logic, but so does most of what I see anymore. If this continues to affect the spa's bottom line, Carlee may end up being in even more trouble with more than just Hoover PD.

Oh my gosh/ never even thought about that! I’ve been absent, but that totally makes sense. That’s why she needed a robe, toilet paper and snacks. The robe (assuming it was Terry material) COULD be used as a towel. I’m not up on everything, but where does the RRI come into play? Maybe she ran to the vacant house, was sweaty, took a shower, cooled her heels a bit and a friend picked her up to RRI. She couldn’t do Uber because she’d be recognized.
I don't think she went to the RRI. I think someone SAID she was there or harassed her parents and they just checked it out. (Not sure, but it seems like her staying there was a confused rumor)
And yes I agree with you. The ROBE makes sense as a dual purpose towel, and change of clothes so she could take off her day clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery