AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be they are priming to make an arrest….

Just to add perspective from another well-known hoax, Papini reappeared on Thanksgiving day, 2016, alleging she was kidnapped weeks earlier, and held captive against her will. Six years later, in March 2022, she was arrested for making false statements to police about her own hoax, and for engaging in mail fraud, based on her being a kidnapping victim.

A week after her arraignment, she pleaded guilty and was later sentenced to 18 months in prison, to be followed by 36 months of supervised release. She was also ordered to pay more than $300K in restitution.

Like Russell, Papini also didn't talk to law investigators after coming home, insisting she was too traumatized. When she'd feel the heat of the investigation, she'd send her husband to tell detectives 'recollections' that came to her.

Papini was successfully prosecuted because investigators were through building a solid case for prosecutors. The evidence was irrefutable, and she finally acknowledged the kidnapping story was a hoax, but couldn't explain why.

Carlee Russell's case isn't even two weeks old!

She resurfaced at her parents home a week ago Saturday, and other than her initial statement to police citing the olympian baby capable of wide strides, and orange hair dude with a bald spot, she's not talking.

With or without CR's cooperation, Hoover police will eventually determine where she was for 49 hours and that her stay-cation did not involve baby and Blinky (orange dude).

Prosecutors only get one bite at the apple, and they don't want an investigation with unanswered questions, they want a case they can win. More important, an arrest today starts the judicial clock, and no reason to hinder the prosecution with a weak case when CR is safe, and no boogie man in the woods taking women from the Interstate. JMO

Hopefully white cheddar
The white cheddar ones are a cut above.

The lip.

She didn't just pull a fire alarm at recess. I hope here are charges commiserate with the crimes committed.

I quip to cope, but there is nothing funny about the damage her charade has done.

LE needs to send a stern message today. Or assurance the investigation is ongoing. Arrest when ready.

JMO

Maybe ????? There really WAS a family Intervention yesterday?
Hmmmm

Yup, and CR probably shipped off to rehab at a nice resort... I mean clinic. Citing the use of hallucinating drugs is a near guarantee to come away from this with a mere, public apology!

IMO, the press conference will be to confirm there's no suspected boogeyman (with a baby) hiding in the woods abducting women from the interstate, and the public is safe. MOO

I'm betting they've secured evidence of her whereabouts during the period she was "missing" that make it very clear this was a hoax. I suspect we will see at the very least a couple of slaps on her wrist in the way of some minor charges.

A hoax of this magnitude is so selfish, entitled and stupid, not to mention the time and resources wasted that could have gone to a real criminal investigation for an actual victim. I hope they at least charge her with something. MOO
---------------------------------------------------------
"Of course deep down inside I’m very angry," Angela Harris, whose daughter was abducted and killed, tells PEOPLE. However, she says she does not regret searching.

Angela Harris, whose daughter Aniah Blanchard was abducted and murdered in 2020, says she has zero regrets for leading the charge to find Carlee Russell and bring her home safely.

Harris has made it her mission to help other families search for their missing loved ones and she says that she would help search for Russell all over again in a heartbeat despite feeling “shocked” days after hearing facts from Hoover police in Alabama that has cast doubt on Russell’s abduction story.
[snip]
“I’m just trying to be classy and neutral because something is telling me in my spirit that that’s the way I need to be."
Carlee Russell Search Leader, Whose Daughter Was Abducted and Killed, Doesn't Regret Helping, But Is 'Shocked'

bravo to Angela Harris. She is keeping it much classier than I maybe could in this circumstance.

Reasons to hold a presser. She's turned herself in and arrested? Update on the investigation but no arrest?

What else..

No charges yet, she’s been readmitted to hospital for mental health treatment. That was not a bday celebration yesterday, it was supporters of her parents stopping by after church. My guess only (MGO)

I'm being sincere. If Carlee needs mental help then I am all for it but I want her get that because she needs it not as a way to avoid facing justice for faking this, if she did indeed fake it. I hope we learn the truth today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje