AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like with a confession they could at least have something like False Reporting to Law Enforcement?
JMO though.

From the Alabama Code “Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities
(a) A person commits the crime of false reporting to law enforcement authorities if he knowingly makes a false report or causes the transmission of a false report to law enforcement authorities of a crime or relating to a crime.
(b) False reporting to law enforcement authorities is a Class A misdemeanor.
Ala. Code § 13A-10-9 (1975)”

It’s intriguing to me that no charges announced today, just the possibility.
Source - Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities, Ala. Code § 13A-10-9 | Casetext Search + Citator.

I still cannot picture her running into that wooded area alone even with a flashlight (assuming she had one). How did she know about the paths and that she'd be able to get over or through the fence? She could have wound up falling, getting snagged on branches, etc. It may be a spot that teenagers hang out in, drug deals, etc., but I don't see her ever having been there "hanging out" so how did she pre-plan that location as an exit point without assistance?

No I was replying to a question about what the PC might be about, that’s why I was guessing.
I think it's a good guess. She could say the social media backlash broke her down and she needs to seek help. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

I wish her health but I also wish her to take responsibility for herself and the decisions she made to act upon.

jmo

[…]

In a statement released by her attorney and read by Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis, Russell said there was no kidnapping. She said she never saw a toddler running along Interstate 459 moments before she disappeared.

Russell said she never left the Hoover area and had no help from anyone during the time she was gone.

Chief Derzis said Russell had agreed to a second interview, but the police department received the statement from her attorney instead.

Russell also offered her apologies to the public.

[…]

I admit that I'm a very cynical person. I do not believe that no one else was involved. She's protecting someone, IMO. I figured she would be persuaded to tell the truth about the toddler and the kidnapper. There is a lot of missing pieces in her story.

I still cannot picture her running into that wooded area alone even with a flashlight (assuming she had one. How did she know about the paths and that she'd be able to get over or through the fence? She could have wound up falling, getting snagged on branches, etc. It may be a spot that teenagers hang out in, drug deals, etc., but I don't see her ever having been there "hanging out" so how did she pre-plan that location as an exit point without assistance?
Maybe that's part of what LE meant earlier today/yesterday, when they said (paraphrasing) "people saw stuff".

Maybe she simply walked herself off the highway and never went careening through any brush.

I think it's a good guess. She could say the social media backlash broke her down and she needs to seek help. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

I wish her health but I also wish her to take responsibility for herself and the decisions she made to act upon.

jmo
We know from the presser that there's no evidence at this time that she's been readmitted.

She's a coward. She should have gotten up there herself, not issued an apology through another person. She's gonna have a hard, hard life if she doesn't start taking accountability for herself NOW at a young age.

Smart move by her legal counsel. She may skate with restitution and community service.

I know she's 26 but I wonder if she's been grounded. Guessing someone close to her has taken her internets away.

Or is this just another version of grown ups cleaning up after a grown up sized toddler?

Jmo

CR's choice of attorney is interesting.

I recall Attorney Emory Anthony from dear little Cupcake's (Kamile McKinney) horrific murder. He was the attorney for Patrick Stallworth.

She's a coward. She should have gotten up there herself, not issued an apology through another person. She's gonna have a hard, hard life if she doesn't start taking accountability for herself NOW at a young age.
It does seem pretty sadly obvious that her lawyer was probably "Whelp, Carlee, you COULD go in and speak to law enforcement today... but then again, they MIGHT just arrest you/incriminate you further... it's not impossible."

At the press briefing on Wednesday, Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis said that the investigation into Russell's disappearance is not over and that investigators are still working to account for the 49 hours she was missing.

My opinion? CR is in trouble. She kinda sorta admitted some guilt, without details through her fabulous new attorney. Who is now fishing for what evidence the LE may have in their ongoing investigation. And, I betcha they have alot already! They have her phone, and the life 360 on it. This will all help in discovering how/when and where. LE has surely been scouring all residential and commercial security cameras. They will backwards trace her. They will find out where she was. And, Mr attorney and the Carlee Russell crew are very very nervous. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje