AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm not caught up on this, been working, but can anyone tell me if she was ever able to give A description of who kidnapped her? Also where she was held before she was able to escape? I know she's back home safe now, but still wondering if there's a description.
She said it was a balding orange haired man and a woman but she never saw the woman, she only heard her. Oh and the toddler of course. Little white boy about 2-3 years old, no pants, white tee shirt and diaper.

The article explained that removing the wig is a very lengthy process. I had been thinking about a wig that just stretches on and off.

Was she stopped long enough to remove it in the car? Or maybe in the Target parking lot? If this was such a ‘tell’ to the Black community, I wonder how her parents perceived it?

From the article:

It is custom fitted and takes 10-15 minutes to remove, as it is actually glued to the scalp in some places. Custom wigs can cost as much as $800 — $200 at the bare minimum, they said.
I was wondering this as well. Some wigs can be "snatched" right off but others do take time to remove.

I'm glad CR returned home unharmed, but I am extremely upset and disappointed that she created this hoax. For once, it seemed like MSM had jumped on this case and people were really supporting and rooting for this beautiful young black woman, which is not always the case as wrong as that is. (Kierra Coles, a missing, pregnant postal worker comes to mind)

I feel sorry for her family, of course they are going to defend their daughter. Hopefully she will come clean about the details and accept the punishment for her actions. I don't wish any harm or a ruined future to come to her, I think she obviously needs some mental health counseling to help understand why she made these poor choices.

MOO

Is it possible she traveled somewhere using the cheap bus companies, like Tornado. All along I've been thinking she may have trying to run away with thr 1 way ticket (search). She could have had a way back from wherever she was going.

She knew her parents had a planned trip the next day. She could have made her way home while her parents were passing out flyers in Atlanta on Friday. Spent the day relaxing in her own home and snuck out before her parents returned.

Maybe gotten hold of her mothers supra lock box info and let herself into a vacant under contract property until she decided to walk home Saturday evening.

The location of her vehicle, her own home and vacant listing are all within walking distance.

I'm going to guess police aren't going to leave a minute of unaccounted time for the unknown 49 hours before charging her.

The article explained that removing the wig is a very lengthy process. I had been thinking about a wig that just stretches on and off.

Was she stopped long enough to remove it in the car? Or maybe in the Target parking lot? If this was such a ‘tell’ to the Black community, I wonder how her parents perceived it?

From the article:

It is custom fitted and takes 10-15 minutes to remove, as it is actually glued to the scalp in some places. Custom wigs can cost as much as $800 — $200 at the bare minimum, they said.

I was wondering this as well. Some wigs can be "snatched" right off but others do take time to remove.

Good questions. I think her mom would know about the wig details more than dad. Especially since Carlee still lived at home. Mom would likely see what wig was missing from home if she didn't see what Carlee was wearing before leaving the house.

I'm still incredibly puzzled by Carlee's parents decision to leave town after what appeared to be an abduction of their daughter the night before.

Right, I was surprised to read at the end of that article just how much the wig left behind made black women immediately believe it was a hoax. One more thing Carlee didn’t anticipate.
Maybe for Carlee, the cost of the wig wasn't that big of a deal and she couldn't anticipate how telling it would be to most people? Just a guess.

Good questions. I think her mom would know about the wig details more than dad. Especially since Carlee still lived at home. Mom would likely see what wig was missing from home if she didn't see what Carlee was wearing before leaving the house.

I'm still incredibly puzzled by Carlee's parents decision to leave town after what appeared to be an abduction of their daughter the night before.

Wonder if there was some connection to Atlanta they though Carlee might seek out?

I'm baffled by that, too. I'm also confused by the 99% sure comment by her Dad.

Wonder if there was some connection to Atlanta they though Carlee might seek out?
Seems like that must be the case. We all saw the devastation of the parents in the first interview. They would not just go merrily up to Atlanta on a pre-planned trip when their child’s life was seemingly at risk.

They had some reason to think she was there. They printed up flyers. Yet nothing was known about the kidnappers, no description, car, nothing.

Yet they went to Atlanta.

And after telling us that they received so many cruel fake tips by text. They choose to believe the RRI text and gather the family to go there, knocking on doors.

It is all very puzzling.

Had Carlee ever taken off before…gone to Atlanta or the RRI? That might explain it.

Seems like that must be the case. We all saw the devastation of the parents in the first interview. They would not just go merrily up to Atlanta on a pre-planned trip when their child’s life was seemingly at risk.

They had some reason to think she was there. They printed up flyers. Yet nothing was known about the kidnappers, no description, car, nothing.

Yet they went to Atlanta.

And after telling us that they received so many cruel fake tips by text. They choose to believe the RRI text and gather the family to go there, knocking on doors.

It is all very puzzling.

Had Carlee ever taken off before…gone to Atlanta or the RRI? That might explain it.

Can we get verification of this timeline? It doesn't make any sense. What parents would go to another state when their daughter was abducted? Perhaps they didn't know she was abducted. Maybe the woman on the phone with her didn't realize that something was wrong right away. Maybe they only realized something was wrong when the cops contacted them much later?

Can we get verification of this timeline? It doesn't make any sense. What parents would go to another state when their daughter was abducted? Perhaps they didn't know she was abducted. Maybe the woman on the phone with her didn't realize that something was wrong right away. Maybe they only realized something was wrong when the cops contacted them much later?

July 14th interview is post #3 of this thread when Atlanta trip is discussed, reporter also refers to “night before“ that Carlee went missing.

From the article:

Thanks for posting this. I was confused because the only experience I have with wigs is watching my mom put on and take off wigs years ago. It was just a cap that slipped on her head and pulled off quite easily.

And they were very cheap too.

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpeg
    IMG_0660.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 8
Quick question When did Carlee's parents find out she was missing? I guess I just assumed they immediatedly were notified. But it occurred to me that the brother's girlfriend might not have immediately thought something "so serious" happened just because she screamed.

The trip was planned prior to Carlee's 'abduction'. They continued with their plans rather than cancelling, so it really had no bearing on any tip or leads out of state.
But hadn’t they printed up flyers and passed them out in Atlanta? Seems to me that meant that they had some hope she was there.

Another odd thing. We all believed that this was an abduction and many believed a toddler child was placed on a busy highway as a lure. The sheer heartlessness and callous regard for the child’s life made many of us fear that Carlee was in the hands of very dangerous people…traffickers, etc.

So why send family members to the RRI to confront these possibly very dangerous people, without notifying LE? I wouldn’t want my son or nephew banging on a door and shots being fired from some crazed kidnapper in response!

Now IMO we know Carlee’s parents were the actual ‘victims’ of this crime, not Carlee. I am just wondering if she put them through some semblance of this torment before, with Atlanta and the local RRI as her destinations…only LE was never involved.

There are printing shops in Atlanta.... is Kinkos still around? Plus, with moms business she could have ties to locations in Atlanta. It's possible this was a preplanned business trip rather than a personal trip.

Quick question When did Carlee's parents find out she was missing? I guess I just assumed they immediatedly were notified. But it occurred to me that the brother's girlfriend might not have immediately thought something "so serious" happened just because she screamed.

Russell disappears and is reported missing​

Thursday, July 13, 9:36 p.m. — After her 911 call, which lasted less than two minutes, Russell called a family member, police said.

"She went missing during that conversation sometime after 9:36 PM," police wrote on Facebook.

The family member on the phone with Russell "lost contact with" her during the call, "but the line remained open," Hoover police Lt. Daniel Lowe said. Talitha Russell, Carlee's mother, told reporters that her daughter was on the phone with her sister-in-law at the time that her voice dropped out.

Russell's mother then called the police and said Russell had been on the phone with a relative, and that relative had heard Russell scream.

BBM not sure if parent knew she was missing at that time. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member