AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo .people go missing all the time...then a few days or a week later ..they come back home.
She got unlucky the media got hold of it.
Yea i do not understand the anger n wish for punishment i am reading...moo

Moo .people go missing all the time...then a few days or a week later ..they come back home.
Quite frankly, IMO, it is socially unacceptable to behave in this way. For your Mom to plead for help, massive response from folks searching for you & you’re not even really missing.

The stark difference between Carlee choosing to disappear and other adults choosing to disappear is that she didn’t just slip away and go about her business.

She engineered this whole thing and brought attention to HERSELF by faking two dire emergencies.

A child toddling around alone on a highway.
A scream and “evidence” that she’d been violently kidnapped.

A return to home, not quiet and humbled but with conflicting details involving phantom kidnappers who did weird things to her.

It’s her own fault that the media found a sensationalistic story. No one but her inner circle would have known if she silently took off for a bit.

Not the same thing at all. Not at all. In my opinion.

It's not illegal for an adult to voluntarily disappear. I agree -- people check out all the time and don't want to be in contact. But this is NOT comparable to a 26-year-old woman pretending to be abducted while on the phone with immediate family, and where the only thing they find is their running vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate, handbag, and their custom hairpiece on the road. And the people OP refers to as going missing, also don't intentionally involve the police by filing a false report (toddler alone on the roadway at night) before they check out for 49 hours and/or a few days before going home.

It's not illegal for an adult to voluntarily disappear. I agree -- people check out all the time and don't want to be in contact. But this is NOT comparable to a 26-year-old woman pretending to be abducted while on the phone with immediate family, and where the only thing they find is their running vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate, handbag, and their custom hairpiece on the road. And the people OP refers to as going missing, also don't intentionally involve the police by filing a false report before they check out for 49 hours and/or a few days before going home.

Don't forget the baby who clearly would have been in an extremely dangerous situation if it was true.

The stark difference between Carlee choosing to disappear and other adults choosing to disappear is that she didn’t just slip away and go about her business.

She engineered this whole thing and brought attention to HERSELF by faking two dire emergencies.

A child toddling around alone on a highway.
A scream and “evidence” that she’d been violently kidnapped.

A return to home, not quiet and humbled but with conflicting details involving phantom kidnappers who did weird things to her.

It’s her own fault that the media found a sensationalistic story. No one but her inner circle would have known if she silently took off for a bit.

Not the same thing at all. Not at all. In my opinion.

The waste of resources, time and energy alone is reason for consequences. Situations like this have the potential to encourage other pranksters and spread like fire. A punitive precedence needs to be set for other would be sensationalist lurking around.

If you have twitter, keep an eye on her Likes. She is messing with people by liking and unliking tweets. This tells me she is not remorseful at all. I have a SS of some she liked earlier, but has now unliked them, so I won't post. She's a real piece of work.

She really is, it’s brazen for her to be anything but remorseful. She is an attention seeker at the expense of others.

No way. I would never let this woman around children or around women in a shelter. She'll just use the experience to validate that she's "better than them" because she comes from money. She doesn't have humility.

She needs to do grunt work and manual labor. If it were me I would put her on a clean up crew with the "adopt a highway" people. This way she can walk through the brush and woods in the hot sun like everyone else did when they were looking for her.

She should be cleaning porta-pottys.

There would be no anger if she'd just gone missing and come home. She used resources, massive resources, on her hoax abduction, during which she framed herself as a Good Samaritan. She committed several crimes. She's dragged this out, continuing to use resources. She's acted just like the spoiled, privileged 26 year-old she certainly appears to be. JMOO She's not cooperated with LE. She's created this mess, and now Mommy and Daddy have paid for the fancy rich lawyer. Then to top it all off, she issues a statement that is self-serving and lacking in contrition. RH seems to be quite content expecting everyone else to clean up her messes. AJMOO

Nope. You’re apparently missing the point, She MALICIOUSLY planned her disappearance, to gain attention. She lied, and deceived all, all to garner attention for herself. She even brought in an innocent baby. And conjured up an orange bald man. She lied, lied, lied. For no good end. She also worried and caused grief to her family and friends….. and others who cared about missing persons.
She caused in the thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars of wasted revenue.
for what! She caused unimagined turmoil and terror to an entire community… which also extended far beyond.
Where the hell are you.
I need to back off now, before I really go ballistic.
Wake up. Jmo

Last edited:
Nope. You’re apparently missing the point, She MALICIOUSLY planned her disappearance, to gain attention. She lied, and deceived all, all to garner attention for herself. She even brought in an innocent baby. And conjured up an orange bald man. She lied, lied, lied. For no good end. She also worried and caused grief to her family and friends….. and others who cared about missing persons.
She caused in the thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars of wasted revenue.
for what! She caused unimagined turmoil and terror to an entire community… which also extended far beyond.
Where the hell are you.
I need to back off now, before I really go ballistic.
Wake up. Jmo
Well said. (BTW, I think OP understands very well the reasons people are upset, even if OP doesn't share in that upset.)

There would be no anger if she'd just gone missing and come home. She used resources, massive resources, on her hoax abduction, during which she framed herself as a Good Samaritan. She committed several crimes. She's dragged this out, continuing to use resources. She's acted just like the spoiled, privileged 26 year-old she certainly appears to be. JMOO She's not cooperated with LE. She's created this mess, and now Mommy and Daddy have paid for the fancy rich lawyer. Then to top it all off, she issues a statement that is self-serving and lacking in contrition. RH seems to be quite content expecting everyone else to clean up her messes. AJMOO
Yup, you said the magic word:

C-to-the-O-to-the-N - well, you get the idea:

Contrition.

IMO, that's the major thing Carlee lacks; and that's what people most long to see coming forth from her.

She seems, in fact, fairly UNrepentant, on the whole.

Whereas... the overwhelming majority of us believe we have responsibilities as members of polite society.

And when people are privileged to live in polite society, by what seems like the apparent achievements of their parents and not much else to date; well, many other people don't like to see that type of privilege squandered and tap-danced over.

We like to see people use it as a springboard for good.

There is merit for "walk a mile in other people's shoes" in many situations; but Carlee crossed over into "shouting Fire! in a crowded theater" territory, which is generally universally decried in the interests of civil behavior and societal standards.

The time for Carlee and her family to talk about making restitution to the polite and civil society is, IMO, now.

In fact, I was just listening to a true crime podcast episode featuring a young fairly privileged middle-class woman whose parents had to make the bitter Sophie's Choice to take the money they could afford to collate to pay for a good defense attorney (barely), but which funds wouldn't then extend to bail, leaving her in prison until at minimum her trial, which was not particularly speedy; and that, IMO, was "tough love".

Derrica Wilson, a co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation:

“We are certainly disheartened by the latest revelation in this investigation, but we cannot be dismayed because there are so many people of color who actually need our help, and they’re counting on us to help bring them home. So we’re calling on the community to not let this single incident undermine our efforts to help find them. ... We have shown especially like what it looks like − the power in making our cases a priority too − and we must move forward and build upon the momentum of making sure the same energy is exhausted in cases of missing people regardless of race and gender and zip code," Wilson said.

She stole from her employer, but as far as I'm concerned, she also stole from countless LE budgets. That's crime on a grand scale. She may as well have embezzled it.

There's not a wee mistake.

No Google search is going to show her how to put money like that back in the till.

She should be charged accordingly and held to account.

JMO

I respectively but wholeheartedly disagree. She was not "unlucky" that the "media" got a hold of it. That is misplacing blame which is most likely what her parents have been doing her entire life. She is the one who blew it up. She alone dialed 911 and reported a half-dressed toddler roaming the shoulder of a very busy interstate highway. She alone phoned a family member and screamed into the phone and faked a kidnapping. She alone (or maybe not? did she have help with this part?) hid out for a couple of days pretending to be "taken". This mindset is exactly how she ended up in the situation and lifestyle she is now living. It was all on her. Don't blame the media for it. She did it knowing this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member