AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo .people go missing all the time...then a few days or a week later ..they come back home.
She got unlucky the media got hold of it.
Yea i do not understand the anger n wish for punishment i am reading...moo

How about the fake 911 call, the lying to police when she returned, the computer research that ties in with her various criminal activities?

That’s not the typical going silent to get your thoughts together.

How about the fake 911 call, the lying to police when she returned, the computer research that ties in with her various criminal activities?

Exactly. It’s not like she just hid out for a couple of days, and her parents called the police. This was an elaborate, premeditated hoax.

Yeah, I'm not buyin' it :)
This girl didn't sustain on granola bars and cheez-its for 2 days.
Also highly sus to think this drama queen went a whole 49 hours being offline.
Not buyin' that one either, lol.

jmo

I think she was online which is why she surfaced 49 hours later. I think she had no idea this ruse would snowball so quickly. And her hiding out in a vacant home for sale sounds pretty plausible to me.

Lots of vacant homes for sale and realtors I know in Toronto use companies that keep inventories to decorate them. They also keep food and beverages in the fridge during open houses. If CR knew her mom had stuff to snack on she could have had a tablet to log onto wifi and follow the search in real time. When she saw how much her 'abduction' exploded she had to do damage control and end the charade. Again, without any thought being put into it other than covering her own *advertiser censored**. She's like a little kid who closes their eyes and think you can't see them since they can't see you.

She needs to pay restitution and apologize in person to her own community and those people who volunteered their time because they lost loved ones. I doubt she will see jail time, but maybe community service and wearing an ankle bracelet every day for a year will be the best reminder to humble her.

Last edited:

For a nursing student and some degree in phycology she certainly is not that smart about the real world.

Agreed, but unfortunately that isn't going to work as any sort of punitive measure, if/as long as her parents pay for it.

Quite frankly, IMO, it is socially unacceptable to behave in this way. For your Mom to plead for help, massive response from folks searching for you & you’re not even really missing.
Amen!

Agreed... and I'll add what I think is a bigger crime, the human toll. Not the least of which is the responders. Every cop that responded, didn't eat, didn't sleep, worried and stressed over the missing toddler and the missing young lady. Yes, this is their job, and they won't generally ask for sympathy for this. But these things take a physical and psychological toll, and there's no taking that away. In this case, that toll was inflicted upon them intentionally and completely unnecessarily.
Well Said!!! Thank you.

Moo .people go missing all the time...then a few days or a week later ..they come back home.
She got unlucky the media got hold of it.
Yea i do not understand the anger n wish for punishment i am

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I, for one, am in favor of appropriate punishment in this case. The first reason is that Carlee needs to be made to understand the seriousness of her actions here. It is quite clear that she will not have a snowball's chance in hell of learning this unless someone outside her family takes this on. They are incapable at this point. Her punishment should fit her crime, though. That will be determined by someone far more knowledgeable of the laws of the state of Alabama than I.

It should serve two purposes : 1) if there is any chance that she can learn from this and expand her ability to care about others and the consequences our actions cause for others as well as herself, it should be attempted for her sake as well as others. There is a chance that nothing you could do to her would ever help her to make that happen since, as a poster upthread has pointed out that children develop their ability to empathize with others by around age 6. But if there is a chance, you must try. If nothing else, maybe she won't escalate her attention-seeking behavior. If it does not, then 2) You make it a crime to do what she did to deter others from doing the same. You make her an example for all the other attention-seeking, self absorbed people out there who want to try the same shenanigans thinking it would be a fun ride to terrorize an entire community and cause people to agonize over the possibilities of what a kidnap victim might be enduring. You make someone think twice before orchestrating a charade that puts the lives of first-responders, innocent bystanders and searchers at risk. I'm also not forgetting every parent of every murdered and kidnapped young woman out there who lived in agony reliving their own horrific experience because of this girl's selfish and reckless action. Yes, it should have consequences, if not to keep her from repeating it, to deter others from repeating this reckless pattern of behavior.
Preach!

* Me thinks with all the stuff she should have said in that short little post-it note slapped on letterhead, an awful lot of vowels and consonants were used up in the following (which I don’t believe for a second) assuring her public there was no other. I do wonder if she could say she didn’t contact or speak with anyone during those 49 hours in question before she walked through her front door.

My client did not have any help in this incident — this was a single act done by herself. My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing.

"My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing."

This statement reminds me of the Pink Elephant Paradox. Once someone tells you to think about anything except a pink elephant, that's what you think about.

Moo..sure pay restitution...as long all others that do same have too. But do not make her 'it'. Plenty of similar cases I,ve read on ws. ..moo

I hope they make her pay for the resources used to help find her AND THE CHILD..Its not cool that she wanted to have her lil moment where she played the victim..girl get a grip...you are old enough to know that this is so bad

CR’s world is very small and it revolves tightly around her in my opinion.
Her interactions with the world outside her orbit have been filtered by her parents and I doubt CR has a mature adult view of the world you and I live in.
I think her little escapade was just to get her boyfriend’s attention. To her it seemed so clever but she has no skills to see consequences to others because has never had to.
So I’m guessing it was shock to her when she realized she had terrified her parents, and that the rest of the world was all a stir. She’s wondering how did that happen? This was all about me and my BF.
Grow up and take responsibility. Stop hiding behind your parents and attorney. Face the charges, pay restitution. Then you can go live your life.

CR’s world is very small and it revolves tightly around her in my opinion.
Her interactions with the world outside her orbit have been filtered by her parents and I doubt CR has a mature adult view of the world you and I live in.
I think her little escapade was just to get her boyfriend’s attention. To her it seemed so clever but she has no skills to see consequences to others because has never had to.
So I’m guessing it was shock to her when she realized she had terrified her parents, and that the rest of the world was all a stir. She’s wondering how did that happen? This was all about me and my BF.
Grow up and take responsibility. Stop hiding behind your parents and attorney. Face the charges, pay restitution. Then you can go live your life.
That is so selfish...like If I did this my mom would go full tyrant...I would never even think of this..You cant spoil your kid and expect them to think of others when they are adults. I know several ppl like this. Its very very sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce