AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like with a confession they could at least have something like False Reporting to Law Enforcement?
JMO though.

From the Alabama Code “Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities
(a) A person commits the crime of false reporting to law enforcement authorities if he knowingly makes a false report or causes the transmission of a false report to law enforcement authorities of a crime or relating to a crime.
(b) False reporting to law enforcement authorities is a Class A misdemeanor.
Ala. Code § 13A-10-9 (1975)”

It’s intriguing to me that no charges announced today, just the possibility.
Source - Section 13A-10-9 - False reporting to law enforcement authorities, Ala. Code § 13A-10-9 | Casetext Search + Citator.
It sounded to me as if those are coming. They're calculating total outlay for the search and rescue efforts and will be receiving the total cost from agencies who assisted. MOO I really like Chief Derzis. He's measured and thoughtful in each word he speaks. I'm sure he'll let the AG's office share or run point on the presser when she's charged. Plus, he was stylin again today!

Everything but why and where she was during the 49 hours. Interesting that when asked if the parents were under investigation, the Chief responded by saying, "Everything is on the table at this point."
very interesting.

IMO, you very smart sleuths have figured out where she was hiding yesterday. But that opens another can of worms.

Then we have the Atlanta trip and the blitz-kreig raid on RRI. I wonder how far the SS have gone in reading texts? Or are they only limited to access to Carlee’s texts?

Maybe I’m just extremely cold-hearted but as someone who was actively worried about her through this ordeal, I have zero sympathy for her. I don’t think she’s mentally ill, she’s just a spoiled brat. And to supposedly have people over to celebrate her birthday after pulling this stunt shows that she has no shame.

moo

there was an apology but it seemed very halfhearted and done because it was necessary to forestall charges for her criminal behavior. IMO MOO and YMMV
Chief D. was pretty clear that her statement changes nothing with the investigation. She may have wanted to use it to forestall charges, but I don't think it'll work. MOO In fact, I sensed a bit of irritation that Carlee scheduled a meeting for this afternoon and then cancelled at the last minute, instead, having her lawyer give a prepared statement.

there was an apology but it seemed very halfhearted and done because it was necessary to forestall charges for her criminal behavior. IMO MOO and YMMV

Yes the attorney‘s letter was very short and concise, a brief apology and asking for forgiveness and prayers on behalf of Carlee. That’s not going to do it without even an explanation but can’t blame the attorney. He isn’t going to offer too much information until it’s known what charges may follow.

Sheriff seemed hopeful meeting the attorney may provide more answers tomorrow as it’s still unknown where she was for the 49 hours.

Maybe I’m just extremely cold-hearted but as someone who was actively worried about her through this ordeal, I have zero sympathy for her. I don’t think she’s mentally ill, she’s just a spoiled brat. And to supposedly have people over to celebrate her birthday after pulling this stunt shows that she has no shame.

moo
I believe there will be charges and considerable consequences.

:oops: 20,714 watching now

Wow over 20K waiting to listen in.

Authorities in Alabama cast doubt Wednesday on the story of a woman who set off a frantic search when she disappeared for two days after calling 911 to report a toddler wandering on the highway. Carlee Russell told investigators she was abducted and forced into a car Thursday, but they have been unable to verify her account, police said.

Oh no, I missed it.Is there a replay option anywhere?

I admit that I'm a very cynical person. I do not believe that no one else was involved. She's protecting someone, IMO. I figured she would be persuaded to tell the truth about the toddler and the kidnapper. There is a lot of missing pieces in her story.

In the followup talking heads discussion “somebody” also said they think the Sherif knows something even since the last Wednesday’s PC that he‘s not disclosing nor was it addressed by the letter. I’ve no idea why that person got that impression but indeed you could be right.

BREAKING: We are finally hearing #CarleeRussell's side of the story.
From her attorney:
-My client did not see a baby
-My client did not leave the Hoover area
-There was no kidnapping
-My client apologizes for her actions with this community
-In discussion with DA in regards to possible criminal charges, none filed yet "We still have no idea what happened in those 49 hours"

Yes the attorney‘s letter was very short and concise, a brief apology and asking for forgiveness and prayers on behalf of Carlee. That’s not going to do it without even an explanation but can’t blame the attorney. He isn’t going to offer too much information until it’s known what charges may follow.

Sheriff seemed hopeful meeting the attorney may provide more answers tomorrow as it’s still unknown where she was for the 49 hours.
I am confident she must have had an accomplice.
There might be charges coming for her accomplice as well.
They might want to wait and announce all charges at the same time.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member