AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She would need a flashlight to navigate the dark woods. She left her phone, so in my opinion is that someone was waiting in the woods to help her find her way to their vehicle parked in the neighborhood backing up to the woods. JMO
But once it went National so quickly I would think that person would come forward or encourage her to just make up a story and go home. At that point all anyone knew was that she screamed after seeing the toddler on the road. At that point there wasn't even an abduction. She could have had the friend take her home and say she tripped and fell and got up and disoriented and wandered into the neighborhood and passed out in someone's back yard.

I think she had no idea that the story had gone national when she went to her parents house. She wanted them to think she escaped from "evil stripper lady's friends" and was in PTSD. That's why she faked the collapse in front of them and then the EMT came.

By the time she got to the hospital she realized it has exploded. And even that would be hard for her to wrap her mind around. Probably saw it on the television or on her family's phones. That's when she panicked making up the kidnapping.

Agree, seems VERY inappropriate and rewarding her for her manipulation, theft, and lies to LE.

The lack of discretion about her birthday tells me CR will largely skip away without any sanctions from parents and that LE is on the right track by not letting up in the investigation of this CRIME nor in the assessment of the financial damages that agencies have expended on CR.

Yes, she has committed several crimes and needs to face the consequences as the now-26 year old woman.

I’m curious as to who initiated and organized this birthday celebration, CR or her Mom? There’s some red flags to me of possibly a narcissistic parent who controls by manipulation with financial support. Just a theory but may explain the immature rebellion in her actions. She obviously has to be held accountable but there also may be something to learn.

No. She has a brother. On her Instagram page she posted a picture of him once….said there are no photos together because he ‘hates her.’

The guy she was calling a brother, later clarified on social media that he is a "brother in Christ", and she just calls him a brother.

While CR may be the only child from the union of her parents (Robinson and Russell), her mom does have a son, whether he claims CR as his sister or not! JMO

Since Carlee was taken for a medical checkup or observation, I'd think the staff who treated her would have a good opinion of her condition ?
Maybe ... well-groomed and pristine ?
Any physical tests conducted ?
What happened during that time ?
Omo.

Since Carlee was taken for a medical checkup or observation, I'd think the staff who treated her would have a good opinion of her condition ?
Maybe ... well-groomed and pristine ?
Any physical tests conducted ?
What happened during that time ?
Omo.
She couldn't remember if she had been sexually assaulted so it seems like a rape kit would have been performed. I have a feeling she refused one. JMO

The need for justice or restitution is not being 'angry'.
It's simply that the offender may not learn , if there are no lasting consequences ?
It appears at this time that LE are taking steps towards this outcome.

I applaud their patience in making sure they took the initial case seriously.
My .02 is that they knew what they had fairly early on, but were cautious and tight lipped !
Omo.
She NEEDS to pay the consequences for her choices. for her sake, I hope they are enough to teach her a lesson. Based on her actions thus far, I don’t think she’s ever had to take responsibility for her mistakes. IMO, she’s still refusing to accept responsibility - she let her lawyer do it. I’ve not seen anything that leads me to believe she‘s sorry for anything other than being caught.

from the article:
Also on Monday night, Russell's mother, Talitha, refused to comment to The New York Times about the hoax saying 'it was not a good time' and abruptly hanging up.

She and her husband Carlos, a vice president at BBVA Bank, said earlier on Monday they were horrified at accusations their daughter invented the saga.
bbm

that’s an interesting statement. The parents were horrified by the accusation, not the fact she actually lied about the whole ordeal? Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

So she kept up the ruse with her parents up until the 2nd presser?? Does that sound right?
Seems like it. I just can’t imagine what the Last two weeks have been for those who love CR. CR is ‘kidnapped’ and then returned safely. Before they can start enjoying her being back home, the internet explodes with comments and opinions about your family, daughter, and her situation. Then to find out she LIED ABOUT everything? Your entire Life has blown up. it truly boggles the mind.

* Thank you!

The meeting, which was announced during a press conference on Monday from Derzis, began at 9:45 a.m. and lasted less than 20 minutes.

When asked how Russell was doing, Anthony said she is doing better, but is still dealing with some things.

“I wanna commend the Hoover Police Department and the chief of police for their action and how they handled everything,” Anthony said. “Hopefully we can get to the end game, as they say, of this particular thing.”

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — An attorney representing Carlee Russell said he expects his client to be charged in connection with her faked disappearance.
[snip]
The meeting, which was announced during a press conference on Monday from Derzis, began at 9:45 a.m. and lasted less than 20 minutes.

“It was a great meeting; It was a short meeting,” Anthony said. “We tried to identify some things about where we go from here; There’s responsibilities that we need to take care of.”
'It was a great meeting:' Carlee Russell's attorney speaks on meeting with Hoover PD

Adds Harris: “I’m moving forward with Aniah’s Heart; Aniah’s Heart continuing to educate people on safety and teach self defense classes. If someone else is missing and they need our help, we will be supportive and we will search if we have to. This is really what me, my family, and everyone at Aniah’s Heart is concentrating on right now. There’s still so much more work that has to be done. I don’t want people to hesitate. I want them to take every case seriously.”
Carlee Russell Search Leader, Whose Daughter Was Abducted and Killed, Doesn't Regret Helping, But Is 'Shocked'
*So, five minutes after the friend finds out about the RRI tip, Carlee walks in the door? Did I read that right?
Thanks for the post. This rips my heart out ☹️.

Seems like it. I just can’t imagine what the Last two weeks have been for those who love CR. CR is ‘kidnapped’ and then returned safely. Before they can start enjoying her being back home, the internet explodes with comments and opinions about your family, daughter, and her situation. Then to find out she LIED ABOUT everything? Your entire Life has blown up. it truly boggles the mind.

Trying to put myself in their situation, how do you respond or even move forward with getting CR mental assistance while being under a microscope from social media. I’ve not seen Alabama this worked up since a Bama fanatic poisoned Auburn’s historic trees.

The mother of a woman who was murdered last year is calling out Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell for lying about being kidnapped and said she was “disrespecting” those who have lost children and are still looking for their missing children.

Shea Pilkington-Wiley, whose daughter Madison Shea Pilkington was found deadfollowing an assault in her apartment in Hoover, Alabama, shared her thoughts on Russell’s story in a recent Facebook post.
1690311282714.jpeg
“I love the memes. They are great,” Pilkington-Wiley began. “But all joking aside, Carlee Russell disrespected every parent that has lost a child. She disrespected every one of our children.”

“The child you couldn’t get in touch with that horrific evening. The unanswered calls that kept going to voicemail. The unanswered texts. The sickening feelings we all felt. Remembering shattering like glass and our souls being ripped from our bodies,” she continued. “She dredged it all up to the surface. For me anyway.”

“To find it was all a hoax well … I’m freakin angry! I’m angry for myself. I’m angry for every parent out there that has lost a child,” Pilkington-Wiley wrote. “Be present to who and how many your actions will effect [sic]. Remember that actions have consequences.”

* Thank you!

When asked how Russell was doing, Anthony said she is doing better, but is still dealing with some things.

“I wanna commend the Hoover Police Department and the chief of police for their action and how they handled everything,” Anthony said. “Hopefully we can get to the end game, as they say, of this particular thing.”
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — An attorney representing Carlee Russell said he expects his client to be charged in connection with her faked disappearance.
[snip]

“It was a great meeting; It was a short meeting,” Anthony said. “We tried to identify some things about where we go from here; There’s responsibilities that we need to take care of.”
'It was a great meeting:' Carlee Russell's attorney speaks on meeting with Hoover PD

Both of these quips from the attorney posted above, say to me, that they were fishing for information, and got nuthin'. Just as I expected, the LE is continuing their investigation, and will NOT be showing their cards at this time.

Dude is looking for a quick plea and settlement.
Sweep....sweep...as they say..

MOO

[snip]

So her attorney expects charges…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member