AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. It would be much more valuable for her to get back to working and contributing to the economy rather than sitting in jail. Let her do hours of community service and save the jails for those who are a danger to society.
She "kind of" is a danger to herself and others. A liar and not trustworthy. Prob not her first rodeo. I still can't fathom the WHY to all her actions.

She "kind of" is a danger to herself and others. A liar and not trustworthy. Prob not her first rodeo. I still can't fathom the WHY to all her actions.
she isn't a danger to herself or others. There's a lot of things she is, but that term doesn't fit her. People behind bars physically or sexually hurt people-that's true danger to others. Being manipulative, irresponsible, immature isn't danger to others.

Right, it would have been far better to state that, “She did things that are not in keeping with her best values, and for which she is now genuinely and deeply remorseful, and she prays for forgiveness.” That’s the tack I would have taken had I been representing her. It would garner much more sympathy.
WOW, do you mind if I steal this?

Is 26 too old to teach empathy? CR needs to see firsthand the absolute horror families of real missing and murdered people go through, imo. I personally think that our criminal justice system needs to make punishment for crimes fit the crimes. Then we might see a shift in our society. I wish she could spend time with Aniah's family and see the devastation caused by her murder. Or go with Tim Miller's teams in the hot snake infested terrain looking for a missing person. I have to keep reminding myself that CR is an ADULT even though it seems like she's being sheltered like a child

she isn't a danger to herself or others. There's a lot of things she is, but that term doesn't fit her. People behind bars physically or sexually hurt people-that's true danger to others. Being manipulative, irresponsible, immature isn't danger to others.
I'm not sure we know that she's not a danger to herself or others. I agree she appears to be manipulative, irresponsible and immature but we really don't know her history and what her mental state is right now. Her attorney alluded to her working on her issues, if I recall that correctly. Her medical evaluation the night she came home didn't require her to held but that was 10 days ago.

JMO

Should Carlee go to jail for just a roll of TP ?
Except it wasn't only that, it was a bathrobe from her workplace; which btw looked like an upscale business catering to the upper middle classes and above.
Maybe the spa carried pricey merch ?

Soooo, has she repaid the cost of the items ?
What if she took more than the robe and sanitary products (TP) ?
Anything else there at her workplace that was small in size, but carried much value ?
Was money from the spa missing ?

If I recall rightly, she did "research" on 'how to remove money from a till without being caught'.

Surveillance cameras indicated that, prior to leaving her work in Birmingham, Russell concealed items before she left, including a dark-colored bathrobe, a roll of toilet paper, and
"other items belonging to the business,"

Red emphasis mine.
Hmm.
Was the cash in her sock (per the article), from the business as well ?

If one of us was the victim of a theft, we might want the perp locked up for a bit.
Or at the very least, restitution paid.
It seems like this case is worse than a simple theft of a roll of TP, imo.

Maybe a while behind bars may 'scare her straight', to use an archaic term.
What if this woman has never faced real consequences before ?
What if she skates on this hoax, and graduates to more serious crimes of theft from employers, lying to the police or worse ?

If Carlee doesn't learn a lesson soon, and change her ways, she could very well wind up behind bars for a much longer time !
I'm positive her parents do not want that for her.
And neither does anyone else want to be victimized by her, including LE or future employers.

Imo.
Omo.
Ymmv.

Last edited:
I sure didn't expect this story to turn even wilder with the missing objects from her workplace. I legit wonder what's going on inside her head to do all of this within 49 hours.

IMO she deserves jail time for wasting resources that could've been used to find an actual missing person. Let's see how this case develops in the coming days/weeks.

Should Carlee go to jail for just a roll of TP ?
Except it wasn't only that, it was a bathrobe from her workplace; which btw looked like an upscale business catering to the upper middle classes and above.
Maybe the spa carried pricey merch ?

Soooo, has she repaid the cost of the items ?
What if she took more than the robe and sanitary products (TP) ?
Anything else there at her workplace that was small in size, but carried much value ?
Was money from the spa missing ?

If I recall rightly, she did "research" on 'how to remove money from a till without being caught'.

Surveillance cameras indicated that, prior to leaving her work in Birmingham, Russell concealed items before she left, including a dark-colored bathrobe, a roll of toilet paper, and
"other items belonging to the business,"

Red emphasis mine.
Hmm.
Was the cash in her sock (per the article), from the business as well ?

If one of us was the victim of a theft, we might want the perp locked up for a bit.
Or at the very least, restitution paid.
It seems like this case is worse than a simple theft of a roll of TP, imo.

Maybe a while behind bars may 'scare her straight', to use an archaic term.
What if this woman has never faced real consequences before ?
What if she skates on this hoax, and graduates to more serious crimes of theft from employers, lying to the police or worse ?

If Carlee doesn't learn a lesson soon, and change her ways, she could very well wind up behind bars for a much longer time !
I'm positive her parents do not want that for her.
And neither does anyone else want to be victimized by her, LE or future employers.

Imo.
Omo.
Ymmv.
I hope CR’s former employer files charges.

Personal Opinion: The mom & dad hired Emory Anthony, not only for their daughter, but for their reputations. They are both in professions where your reputation matters . . . A LOT! There’s a HUGE difference in your child being a victim & your child being deceptive. This deception will have to be massaged & managed to be acceptable in their professions.

I wonder if LE can find the phone she used to order the items when she was missing. I wonder what it takes to get this info from Instacart. Either it's a motel phone, or she had a burner phone.

I think it's imperative for all parties to find out exactly where she was, and who she was contacting during the missing 49 hours. I have a suspicion that she was in contact with a cooperating party who could tell her what a big LE search her absence and lack of contact was calling. I would not be surprised if she had contacted her mother after the first 24 hours, after her mother had been on TV begging for her return.

This might all have been a setup to get attention from her bf, but it wasn't spontaneous. She also was not planning to stay away for any more than the 48 hours she did. No extra clothing, not extra makeup or haircare products, no extra food or beverages.

Stupid, selfish, and thoughtless long fit of pique.

Oh - and how did LE know she had ordered the Slim Jims, the nail product, and the Mr. Pibb if they had her usual phone.
She was in hiding somewhere, without her usual phone, and whatever credit / debit cards she would have decided to leave in her purse. Did the charges pop up as a confirmation linked to her InstaCart account?

If the FBI was involved, then they clearly have the phone numbers she used to order the items, and the ADDRESS of where they were delivered.

Hmmm. Attorney Anthony is gonna be sitting on his heels for a while. I think LE has a great deal of information and is just carefully and deliberately putting all the pieces together.

Last edited:
Oh - and how did LE know she had ordered the Slim Jims, the nail product, and the Mr. Pibb if they had her usual phone.
She was in hiding somewhere, without her usual phone, and whatever credit / debit cards she would have decided to leave in her purse. Did the charges pop up as a confirmation linked to her InstaCart account?

If the FBI was involved, then they clearly have the phone numbers she used to order the items, and the ADDRESS of where they were delivered.

Hmmm. Attorney Emerson is gonna be sitting on his heels for a while. I think LE has a great deal of information.

Please help! What is this about? The Mr Pibb, and Slim Jims, and Nail junk? I have not seen this information! TIA

What other items could she have taken from the Spa that we don't know about?

Maybe she stole one of the Spa's phones. It seems she was leaving about 8:30 as they closed. If she had access to the cash register, she would also have access to one of the phones. Thinking it wouldn't be missing for a couple of days.

I can also see her taking some spa products: Lotions, makeup, nail or haircare products. Those disposable slides for pedicures, stuff to use to keep her busy while she hid out.

Is 26 too old to teach empathy? CR needs to see firsthand the absolute horror families of real missing and murdered people go through, imo. I personally think that our criminal justice system needs to make punishment for crimes fit the crimes. Then we might see a shift in our society. I wish she could spend time with Aniah's family and see the devastation caused by her murder. Or go with Tim Miller's teams in the hot snake infested terrain looking for a missing person. I have to keep reminding myself that CR is an ADULT even though it seems like she's being sheltered like a child

IMO, it's not going to happen.

Empathy development occurs in a child's first 5 years (not 26). Ages 3-5: During preschool, a child's ability to empathize with others grows. Listening skills, responding to others' feelings, understanding of different feelings, and friendships develop.

If any of the above were intact, CR could not have orchestrated the hoax. She can't even blame her sophomoric behavior on peer pressure -- she acted alone.

Just take a glance at CR's social. It's a world of "Me." CR's incapable of being photographed with other women. Not a single photo of CR with a bff. I fear we've not seen the last of CR and the hoax was just the beginning. -- I'm tagging her as the sociopath next door. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member