AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@mickey2942 : Agreed.
And, this is not some 'prank' gone wrong, esp. if Carlee entered a vacant home unlawfully ?
It's called 'breaking and entering' ; and if I am correct -- that is an offence that can earn a person jail time ?
These are serious crimes.
Omo.

I wonder what else she stole from her employer.

TP because there wasn't going to a bathroom. Plush robe, as a mattress.

What's directly behind that mile marker? Sheds? Playhouse?

If she made it to a street, surely someone would have ring footage... even if she was picked up by someone, there'd be footage.

49 hours IMO is just about as long as she'd be able/willing to rough it.

Someone must've given her a ride to her neighborhood.... how did that person know where to pick her up FROM? Or did she walk the whole way?

There's got to be some spectacular footage somewhere!

JMO
Bolding mine.
I wondered that as well !

They would be within their rights to make public what items were stolen, and it may shed light on a lot of things.
Imo.

The TP points directly to an unoccupied home to me. A hotel would have a mattress and bathroom with toilet paper.
She does not seem to be a person who would be outdoor camping in a buddy tent in an area with water and snakes.

A friend's house would have toilet paper. But, an empty home for sale would not have toilet paper as the realtors do NOT want home buyers thinking they can use the toilet.

I also think there must have been a packpack or planted bag with other stuff. Maybe in the bushes by the highway, maybe on the path, maybe hidden behind or in a house that she planned to hide out in.

Just far too much stuff that, to me, points to a pre-arranged house to hide out in.
Emphasis mine.
Excellent points and comment !
Omo.

A place she could hide out in. One she knew would be available for that purpose. One she had reasonable assurance she could get to from the highway. That particular mile marker was important to her.

Perhaps Miss Carlee did some reconnaissance.... just not from the highway side. And that mile marker is where she popped out. Any listings with a playhouse?

It's possible she never made it as far as a sidewalk or front door! Hunkered down in a kid's fort and needed the TP for obvious reasons -- and was probably irritated by the indignity of it all, while simultaneously delighting in the moment of her big reveal.

Jmo

This time of year, in that area, heat and bugs, would be a pretty miserable 48 hours. I don't think Carlee is the "roughing it" type.

* So, this was her story. Did she really say with her admission of faking the kidnapping and saying she was alone, that all of the below is a lie? Does it now wipe away her version? All of it? I’d love for some of y’all to dissect why she included certain details. Ya know the saying they’re a little truth mixed in with lies. Is there a single detail that could be trhe? And why won’t she give it up now? Is the truth really much more secretive and damning than where she stands now? Why did she use these specifics? Armchair psychiatrists could have a field day.

Her Story​

After returning home, Russell allegedly told investigators that a man with orange hair and a big bald spot abducted her.

“She claimed he then forced her into a car, and the next thing she remembers is being in the trailer of an 18-wheeler,” Derzis said.

Russell allegedly said she could hear him conversing with a female while a baby could be heard crying. She claimed she escapedW the 18-wheeler but was caught, blindfolded, and put into a car. She claimed she was not tied up and heard the captors say it was because they didn’t want to leave impressions on her wrist.

She claimed she was brought to a house and forced to strip naked. She believed her alleged captors took photographs of her but said she was not sexually assaulted. The following morning she was fed and the woman “played with her hair” before she was put back in a vehicle that she was able to escape. She then ran through the woods and claimed she came out near her home.
BBM. How convenient for miss Carlee :rolleyes:

Oh, I totally agree.

Just trying to figure out where she could've been without being captured on someone's ring camera.
If she didn’t hide out in a house in that area, I still think it’s possible someone picked her up. She seemed to disappear so quickly. Maybe after running through the woods right when it meets the road in the neighborhood. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
CR's "Reasons" for Disappearance?
I don't care why she did it. I do care if other criminal acts occured during those 49 hours.
@Cubby Agreeing w you on this. Maybe she committed other crimes in "the gap," but that's another post.

The point of my earlier post. Seems some ppl think if CR publicly states
... (thru her soc media, or MSM interview or a podcast, etc.)
her actions & "reasons"
...(ex's: get BF back, "get back at" BF, scare parents, annoy brother, gain ... soc. media followers, medical procedure, chillax, what-ev)
that ^her stmt^ would be telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

When facing 2 crim charges based on her lies to LE, she's likely, imo
to LIE AGAIN, in a public stmt. Maybe not, ICBW.

If she makes a public stmt about her purported actions or purported reasons, personally I see no benefit, other than satisfying curiousity to the gen public or to the world of behavioral sciences. And little benefit to her, other than media attention. Again, ICBW.
jmo

"Her decisions that night created panic and alarm for citizens of our city and even across the nation as concern grew that a kidnapper was on the loose using a small child as bait," he said. "Numerous law enforcement agencies, both local and federal, began working tirelessly not only to bring Carlee home to her family but locate a kidnapper that we know now never existed. Many private citizens volunteered their time and energy in looking for a potential kidnapping victim that we know now was never in any danger."

“[The penalty for a false report] is the same as someone who goes out and maybe shoplifts less than $500 worth of merchandise. I just think there needs to be some sort of enhancement when you’re talking about being kidnapped and you’ve been a victim of a serious crime,” said Derzis.

"Her decisions that night created panic and alarm for citizens of our city and even across the nation as concern grew that a kidnapper was on the loose using a small child as bait," he said. "Numerous law enforcement agencies, both local and federal, began working tirelessly not only to bring Carlee home to her family but locate a kidnapper that we know now never existed. Many private citizens volunteered their time and energy in looking for a potential kidnapping victim that we know now was never in any danger."

“[The penalty for a false report] is the same as someone who goes out and maybe shoplifts less than $500 worth of merchandise. I just think there needs to be some sort of enhancement when you’re talking about being kidnapped and you’ve been a victim of a serious crime,” said Derzis.
She’s fortunate that no one was injured or killed during the search. It was a dangerous location on a busy highway and any number of things might have gone wrong in the ensuing urgency.

CR's "Reasons" for Disappearance?

@Cubby Agreeing w you on this. Maybe she committed other crimes in "the gap," but that's another post.

The point of my earlier post. Seems some ppl think if CR publicly states
... (thru her soc media, or MSM interview or a podcast, etc.)
her actions & "reasons"
...(ex's: get BF back, "get back at" BF, scare parents, annoy brother, gain ... soc. media followers, medical procedure, chillax, what-ev)
that ^her stmt^ would be telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

When facing 2 crim charges based on her lies to LE, she's likely, imo
to LIE AGAIN, in a public stmt. Maybe not, ICBW.

If she makes a public stmt about her purported actions or purported reasons, personally I see no benefit, other than satisfying curiousity to the gen public or to the world of behavioral sciences. And little benefit to her, other than media attention. Again, ICBW.
jmo
I’m not sure…. Pehaps if she were ever to decided to personally make a full confession, she would tell the whole story.Not only where, but what motivated her to do so. At least that’s the only way,imo, she’ll ever gain any credibility. Otherwise I think many might assume she was up to some thing that would get her in even more trouble, possibly illegal.

Then again, if she was up to something illegal, she doubtful would admit that, unless she’d been caught.
All just MO at the moment, and food for thought.

I’m not sure…. Pehaps if she were ever to decided to personally make a full confession, she would tell the whole story.Not only where, but what motivated her to do so. At least that’s the only way,imo, she’ll ever gain any credibility. Otherwise I think many might assume she was up to some thing that would get her in even more trouble, possibly illegal.

Then again, if she was up to something illegal, she doubtful would admit that, unless she’d been caught.
All just MO at the moment, and food for thought.

I’m thinking at this very minute Dr Phil producers are desperately trying to arrange for Carlee to appear on his show. As she seems to have garnered an intense fascination, no doubt it’d be a big hit.

JMO

Based on personally having to be drug tested, fingerprinted and a background check, to work with children, I doubt Carlee would ever be allowed to work with kids after including a child in her fictitious kidnapping story.

I don't think she would be allowed to work with children in any capacity.

I'm thinking someone will do a reality show with her...I hope not!!!

I agree, I hope not as well. The reason for staging this fake kidnapping seems to have been to seek attention and even though it was quickly determined to have been faked, it’s a bit puzzling why she’s still such a hot topic.

Makes me wonder if “negative attention is better than no attention” may’ve been involved in her motive. Bad girls sometimes hold an intriguing appeal.

JMO

I agree, I hope not as well. The reason for staging this fake kidnapping seems to have been to seek attention and even though it was quickly determined to have been faked, it’s a bit puzzling why she’s still such a hot topic.

Makes me wonder if “negative attention is better than no attention” may’ve been involved in her motive. Bad girls sometimes hold an intriguing appeal.

JMO
Maybe she’s more like Clyde Barrow’s sidekick, Bonnie, than we know, lol.

Based on personally having to be drug tested, fingerprinted and a background check, to work with children, I doubt Carlee would ever be allowed to work with kids after including a child in her fictitious kidnapping story.

I don't think she would be allowed to work with children in any capacity.

Actually, it is only a misdemeanor charge, nothing to do with violence or drugs. I believe that the larger problem will be if her employer files charges for theft. More employers have issues with the theft from a former employer. And the subsequent discharge. If nothing else, it is probably more of a problem for her nursing degree.

I have worked in healthcare, and saw someone die, because the nurses didn't want to disclose what occurred just prior to a man going into cardiac arrest. The doctor on call kept asking who was the last one to give him anything, and what was it...because they didn't want to "get in trouble" a man died. Craziest thing I ever saw.

Actually, it is only a misdemeanor charge, nothing to do with violence or drugs. I believe that the larger problem will be if her employer files charges for theft. More employers have issues with the theft from a former employer. And the subsequent discharge. If nothing else, it is probably more of a problem for her nursing degree.

I have worked in healthcare, and saw someone die, because the nurses didn't want to disclose what occurred just prior to a man going into cardiac arrest. The doctor on call kept asking who was the last one to give him anything, and what was it...because they didn't want to "get in trouble" a man died. Craziest thing I ever saw.

As someone with a newly diagnosed heart condition after a lifetime of good health, this is scary as all get out to me.

Seems criminal charges could/would/should result.

I’d like to know the rest of the story.

Culpability, accountability, responsibility, honesty—are they just figments of my imagination?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back