AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • Agents and sellers can get reports from Supra – Within the SUPRA Member website, you can generate reports of who has entered the property and when to share with your client.
our MLS Department. Our team rents the lockboxes and related devices and guides members through the programming process and Android or Apple application download on most mobile devices such as Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watch. (Note: You can download the app to multiple devices, but you’ll only be able to use one device at a time. You may be prompted to re-enter your authorization code.)

I wonder if sellers can currently access supra entry records for their own property.
How far back does Supra hold access records?

Is it possible CR downloaded the app and stole her mother's secure pin? I realize she left her personal phone with her car, but we can't rule out her use of a burner phone.
If an old lock box is used, the realtor must notify the listing realtor they are entering the house. A realtor may lose their license if they enter within the listing agent’s knowledge. These type of locked boxes are not used very often, but as still in use.

I’m a little behind… is there any evidence she stayed at a vacant house or is it speculated based on her mothers occupation?

Also, didn’t she post something to social media about meeting up with hot guys right before disappearing?

Speculated based on both mother's occupation and the short distance between where she ditched her car and at least one vacant (at the time of her fake kidnapping) listed property.

It's possible the property is no longer on the market.

Carlee more than demonstrated other people's boundaries have no relevance to her, so her continued violation of them, including her parents, should be of no surprise.

If an old lock box is used, the realtor must notify the listing realtor they are entering the house. A realtor may lose their license if they enter within the listing agent’s knowledge. These type of locked boxes are not used very often, but as still in use.

That I knew... I had an RE license, but that was about 15 years ago, or longer.

I don't think Carlee would even consider the repercussions on her mother's license IF she were to have stayed in a property otm.

• Agents and sellers can get reports from Supra – Within the SUPRA Member website, you can generate reports of who has entered the property and when to share with your client.
our MLS Department. Our team rents the lockboxes and related devices and guides members through the programming process and Android or Apple application download on most mobile devices such as Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watch. (Note: You can download the app to multiple devices, but you’ll only be able to use one device at a time. You may be prompted to re-enter your authorization code.)

I wonder if sellers can currently access supra entry records for their own property.
How far back does Supra hold access records?

Is it possible CR downloaded the app and stole her mother's secure pin? I realize she left her personal phone with her car, but we can't rule out her use of a burner phone.
I am a licensed real estate agent in another state. We also use SUPRA. Only members of the local MLS can gain access to the APP, even if she downloaded it she would have to prove her identity before she could use it. Agents in my area, that are more part time or not as active, still use private lockboxes. I could see that happening, all anyone would need is the code to open the lockbox and have access. I really don't think that Carlee had access to the SUPRA lockbox unless she had her mothers phone. JMO

Q
Speculated based on both mother's occupation and the short distance between where she ditched her car and at least one vacant (at the time of her fake kidnapping) listed property.

It's possible the property is no longer on the market.

Carlee more than demonstrated other people's boundaries have no relevance to her, so her continued violation of them, including her parents, should be of no surprise.
In addition, to me the robe and toilet paper are telling. If at a Red Roof Inn, simpler to sleep in a Tee and your underwear, and the toilet paper can’t be that bad and isn’t that important. It’s as if she were going somewhere where there was no tp at all. Just thoughts…..

Q

In addition, to me the robe and toilet paper are telling. If at a Red Roof Inn, simpler to sleep in a Tee and your underwear, and the toilet paper can’t be that bad and isn’t that important. It’s as if she were going somewhere where there was no tp at all. Just thoughts…..
Sounds plausible to me.

A place she could hide out in. One she knew would be available for that purpose. One she had reasonable assurance she could get to from the highway. That particular mile marker was important to her.

Perhaps Miss Carlee did some reconnaissance.... just not from the highway side. And that mile marker is where she popped out. Any listings with a playhouse?

It's possible she never made it as far as a sidewalk or front door! Hunkered down in a kid's fort and needed the TP for obvious reasons -- and was probably irritated by the indignity of it all, while simultaneously delighting in the moment of her big reveal.

Jmo

I am a licensed real estate agent in another state. We also use SUPRA. Only members of the local MLS can gain access to the APP, even if she downloaded it she would have to prove her identity before she could use it. Agents in my area, that are more part time or not as active, still use private lockboxes. I could see that happening, all anyone would need is the code to open the lockbox and have access. I really don't think that Carlee had access to the SUPRA lockbox unless she had her mothers phone. JMO
Would it have been possible for her to sync moms apps to her phone? I can't help but wonder if she did without her moms knowledge.

She planned the hoax in advance, the Atlanta trip was planned in advanced. She had to have planned were she would stay in advance.

Does Supra require a two step verification process?

Would it have been possible for her to sync moms apps to her phone? I can't help but wonder if she did without her moms knowledge.

She planned the hoax in advance, the Atlanta trip was planned in advanced. She had to have planned were she would stay in advance.

Not sure, but it sounds plausible.

I really don't think so, but I haven't tried to do that. I had to go through our area MLS for them to give me the pass code to install the App on my new iPhone last year. I don't know if that's the same way that the Birmingham Association of Realtors works or not.

This is how mine works, you click directly on the APP and it opens directly into it. From there you have the options below. If you are opening a lockbox for the the key you tap the obtain key options. Then you go to the lockbox, tap the bottom of it and enter your personal code into the app, they in turn start communicating with each other. You would need wifi and blue tooth opened on your phone. Once they have communicated it says lockbox opened and then you push the bottom of the lock box and it opens with the key in it. That stays open until you replace the key and put the "guts" of the lock box back into the lockbox and everything is secure.

Another option to consider is a keyless lock that could be installed on the house. All needed there is a the code to engage with the lock and open the door.

This is a screenshot from my phone:
1691082106400.png

I wonder what else she stole from her employer.

TP because there wasn't going to a bathroom. Plush robe, as a mattress.

What's directly behind that mile marker? Sheds? Playhouse?

If she made it to a street, surely someone would have ring footage... even if she was picked up by someone, there'd be footage.

49 hours IMO is just about as long as she'd be able/willing to rough it.

Someone must've given her a ride to her neighborhood.... how did that person know where to pick her up FROM? Or did she walk the whole way?

There's got to be some spectacular footage somewhere!

JMO

Can you sell me a house for cheap? :)

This article may have already been posted because its dated July 25, 2023; however, thought it's worth posting to show the ramifications false allegations can cause. moo

He said he was about to go to Alabama to help search for Carlee Russell when she was found. The case, according to police, appears to be the latest made-up story about a kidnapping.

I wonder what else she stole from her employer.

TP because there wasn't going to a bathroom. Plush robe, as a mattress.

What's directly behind that mile marker? Sheds? Playhouse?

If she made it to a street, surely someone would have ring footage... even if she was picked up by someone, there'd be footage.

49 hours IMO is just about as long as she'd be able/willing to rough it.

Someone must've given her a ride to her neighborhood.... how did that person know where to pick her up FROM? Or did she walk the whole way?

There's got to be some spectacular footage somewhere!

JMO
The TP points directly to an unoccupied home to me. A hotel would have a mattress and bathroom with toilet paper.
She does not seem to be a person who would be outdoor camping in a buddy tent in an area with water and snakes.

A friend's house would have toilet paper. But, an empty home for sale would not have toilet paper as the realtors do NOT want home buyers thinking they can use the toilet.

I also think there must have been a packpack or planted bag with other stuff. Maybe in the bushes by the highway, maybe on the path, maybe hidden behind or in a house that she planned to hide out in.

Just far too much stuff that, to me, points to a pre-arranged house to hide out in.

The TP points directly to an unoccupied home to me. A hotel would have a mattress and bathroom with toilet paper.
She does not seem to be a person who would be outdoor camping in a buddy tent in an area with water and snakes.

A friend's house would have toilet paper. But, an empty home for sale would not have toilet paper as the realtors do NOT want home buyers thinking they can use the toilet.

I also think there must have been a packpack or planted bag with other stuff. Maybe in the bushes by the highway, maybe on the path, maybe hidden behind or in a house that she planned to hide out in.

Just far too much stuff that, to me, points to a pre-arranged house to hide out in.
Agreed. People talked about Red Roof Inn having rough toilet paper, but I’ve stayed in Hilton Hotels and Red Roof Inns and never noticed a difference.
For me, the toilet paper was very telling regarding where Carlee planned to be.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields
Back